General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

And I though everyone loved us....

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2012, 08:32 PM

And I though everyone loved us....

And I Thought everyone loved us....From baddd andy over at ROP.... Probably a lot of nice people over there, but one......one "person" can give the whole forum a baddd name. Too bad.

Originally Posted by baddd andy
i was born out of line

Originally Posted by oldsmobiledave
I sat & in both cars & rode in one of them. Is that good enough for you ______? The second one was for sale & I went to look at it but the owner opted not to sell it.
so _____what?

youre just another Olds know it all. _____ like you should go over to classicoldsmobile with the other _______
go ____ yourself
Oh well, I'd rather be a _______ in his world than someone he thinks is normal.

Last edited by 442much; October 25th, 2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Oldsdruid

Kenny, Kenny- Andy's been banned from so many boards it's nearly astronomical. I wouldn't worry too much about what he thinks.

Besides, they've always been the wild west over there on ROP.
Old October 24th, 2012, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by rocketraider
kenny, kenny- andy's been banned from so many boards it's nearly astronomical. i wouldn't worry too much about what he thinks.

Besides, they've always been the wild west over there on rop.
lol
Old October 24th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ken, just a point of curiosity. Why would you even post that here? IMO it's inflammatory and un-necessary. Far as I know, C.O. isn't in competition with anyone. This is a fairly peaceful community.
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Ken, just a point of curiosity. Why would you even post that here? IMO it's inflammatory and un-necessary. Far as I know, C.O. isn't in competition with anyone. This is a fairly peaceful community.
Why? Because I think he is a _____. I wanted those here that don't know him or this fact, to see this. In short, it ______ me off. Doesn't anything ever _____ you off Allan, other than the fact that I posted it?

Last edited by 442much; October 25th, 2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

That individual was most recently banned from CO within the last year or so, after having been banned previously, if I recall.

He is not a nice man.

He also displays the dislike of "know-it-alls" that is characteristic of "know-nothings."

- Eric
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:07 AM

I think I'm one of the know-it-alls about know-nothings. Yeah that's it
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:57 AM
"me somebody" site member

A useless thread linking to...a useless thread.

Leave that unmonitored trash talk where it belongs.
Old October 25th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Cutlass Lover

I don't like that guy either. When I first joined this site, he made some snorkey remarks to me, and boy did Blue come to my defense!! He couldn't stand the guy. I'm glad B.A. is not on our site anymore.
Old October 25th, 2012, 06:12 AM

X2 and I think this goes to the comment Allan made. This clown is a moron and his language does not comply with forum rules so why post that here and give him the time of day. Best thing to do with people like this is ignore them. And just because he's been banned from here, doesn't mean he still can't read what is posted. So why give him any attention or show that's he's bothering anyone? That just encourages him more.
Old October 25th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by 69442C
... just because he's been banned from here, doesn't mean he still can't read what is posted.
So why give him any attention or show that's he's bothering anyone?
Best point made so far.

Ken, thank you for editing your quote of that person down to eliminate the most inflammatory words.
It still makes your original point, but does so without providing unnecessary oxygen to someone who has been proven to thrive on this BS.

- Eric

Last edited by MDchanic; October 25th, 2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old October 25th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Administrator

It's the internet, a lot of bitter people hammering away on their keyboards, and their only goal in life is to stir crap. Get over it and move on, why would Allan be upset, he and the rest of us are confident that our site has a little for everyone and helpful. Although we have our moments also, we all try.
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 442much
Why? Because I think he is a _____. I wanted those here that don't know him or this fact, to see this. In short, it ______ me off. Doesn't anything ever _____ you off Allan, other than the fact that I posted it?
Ken, please don't take it so personally. Do some things upset me? Sure. But my comment was more of what Brian suggested in his post. Maybe I should have worded it differently. I guess you had no way of knowing he had been banned here and were only trying to protect some members from possible encounters. For that I do thank you and appreciate the intent. (although I would have edited the initial expletives as I see you've now done.) I don't know what oldsmobiledave would feel about you identifying him in the post though. Just something to consider; and yes I do realize the web is public domain. Still friends?
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

I think Ken was just amazed by the level of hostility in the post, not realizing that that level of hostility is business as usual for a certain poster, regardless of the forum or the subject.

I agree that some of those posts are remarkable for their unfocused viciousness.

- Eric
Old October 25th, 2012, 02:05 PM

I find that guy quite entertaining. Here really does have his knickers in a knot. Maybe he has nothing better to do cause he seems to post A LOT
Not that I am condoning his behaviour, I just amazes me someone could post all the really nasty stuff.Kind of like watching a train wreck , it's hard not to look. I go by my mom's golden rule ,if you don't have anything nice to say...........etc,

Mike
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:01 PM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

Originally Posted by MDchanic
That individual was most recently banned from CO within the last year or so, after having been banned previously, if I recall.
- Eric
But he is THE ONLY person who can polish valve covers correctly AND over charge for them. How will we live without him reminding us that our opinion is always wrong regarding the value of them.

I don't mind people remining or letting newer members know of the bad apples either.

Adam
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:34 PM
One part at a time

Originally Posted by 442much
And I Thought everyone loved us....From baddd andy over at ROP.... Probably a lot of nice people over there, but one......one "person" can give the whole forum a baddd name. Too bad.

Oh well, I'd rather be a _______ in his world than someone he thinks is normal.
So what's your point? Why post this here? Lame! Don't flame ROP!
I have learned a ton from that site. I have purchased many items from ROP members and I have NEVER been burned. I'm also willing
to bet that there are people on that site going way faster than anyone here and they are doing it with a rocket!

Everyone slamming Andy on this thread is coming off like a bunch of crybabies. Grow a set!

Going to another site and commenting about a poster on another site is pretty cowardly. You don't like the guy, go tell him. Don't go to another site and whine about it. Especially when you know the person can't defend themselves.

Last edited by 67 442; October 25th, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:47 PM
One part at a time

Originally Posted by arodenhiser
But he is THE ONLY person who can polish valve covers correctly AND over charge for them. How will we live without him reminding us that our opinion is always wrong regarding the value of them.

I don't mind people remining or letting newer members know of the bad apples either.

Adam
I have never met Andy but I did buy the Holley valve covers on my 455 from him for $150.

I don't think I was over-charged, check out my photo album and tell me if you have a set in that condition you can sell me cheaper.

Put up or shut up!

Last edited by 67 442; October 25th, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:32 PM

Yikes! Looks like someone's bowl of cereal was mistaken for a urinal.
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:47 PM
car guy

The best advice in this thread is don't pay any attention to him. I am on both sites and each have thier advantages. He is no longer a part of this forum so who cares what he has to say somewhere else.

We are done here.