General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Hey Guys any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2009, 06:15 PM

Question Hey Guys any suggestions?

Hello Oldsmobile Community,

I recently purchased a 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass Town Sedan and wanted some information about the right type of transmission to put into it. It currently has the Jet-a-way and I was thinking of having it rebuilt. Can anyone share their experiences in this or a similar situation? What is better the th350, th400 or the overdrive models? so many choices so little time. (lol)

All I really want to do is Cruise in my classic car with my beautiful family nothing major and any suggestions would be most helpful. Oh, I neglected to mention the goodies. The car has the original sales receipt and protect-o-plate iformation from april 28 1967. I also have every receipt and gas mileage logged in a tally book from 1967. i am the third owner and this car has a wealth of documention. I just want to get her mobile again. The 330 cid Motor is strong and the tranny shifts into reverse but will not shift into drive. I am very perplexed!
Old October 27th, 2009, 06:38 PM

Hello ColdwarThank You for your prompt response. Where should I get a th 350? Junkyard and rebuild or new or is this also a matter of personal preference and budget?
Old October 27th, 2009, 06:52 PM

Hey CW, thanks for the information and my search starts in 3-2-1 now!!! i'm going to look on my old car parts locating guide. I will post pics of my ride here soon!!