General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

funniest comment anyone ever made about your Olds....

Search this Thread

Old July 1st, 2009, 11:16 AM

I asked them if the would bring their Japasaki over and mow my yard.
AWSOME!
Old July 1st, 2009, 11:22 AM

My 66 Delta coupe is factory 4spd and Sfire engine optioned....pretty rare IMO. Had it at a cruise nite and a guy comes up and says "I got one just like this". I said "really?". He says yep, only mine is a 65, and its a Dynamic, and its a 4 door and it has a 2 bbl carb and automatic trans.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 11:21 PM
is Fast Enough ...

Originally Posted by kcars
Thats right, In N.J. you must have a station pump your gas- Then why is gas always 15-30 cents cheaper in N.J. than it is here in Ct ?. Could it be goverment B.S., regulations, taxes. Also when I fill up in the Delaware / Maryland area, not only is the gas cheaper, my gas mileage goes up 2-3 MPG. It's all because of government nonsense- and now they want to run healthcare !.
I run my advance up till it pings and then back it up a little. Some stations have premium that pings. I avoid those ...
Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:03 PM

Owning a 1964 ninety-eight gets a lot of big car jokes from people who everybody who knows what it is. I'd have to say my favorite so far is when my friend told me I should put a speedometer that reads in knots since it's such a ship.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:07 PM

Proves your a member of Olds64's yacht club, and your the captain of your ship.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:54 PM
Govt slave

My favorate was when some ricer was looking under the hood of my
1970 LS-6 Chevelle and ask if it was front wheel or all wheel drive.

And it's always fun when I'm cruising in the Cutlass and the kids ask me to
"hop it" or "slam it" like I have hydrolics .
Old November 23rd, 2009, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Proves your a member of Olds64's yacht club, and your the captain of your ship.
Yeah! Everyone in the club should get one of these hats:
http://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/produ..._campaign=base
Old November 23rd, 2009, 05:44 PM

Had a good one this year. Guy is checking out my car, looks at me "Olds?" "Yep". "It's nice but I'm more of a big car fan, I just happen to love Tornado's" So I said "Then you should move to Kansas." He didn't get it.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:15 PM
Cutlass Lover

Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:18 PM
67 heavy metal

Originally Posted by smcurro
Almost every person who tries to get out of my car yanks the handle straight towards them. Some of them even tell me the door is locked until I tell them to pull straight up.
ha ha lol that would most likly be because newer cars you pull the handle out.I have to admit at first when i got my 67 I was a bit disoriented didn't take long though to get used to everything.

Originally Posted by FATRATMATT
I hear all the time "Nice Delta"....Or "I had a Delta 88 that year".. Someone asked me if it was an Canadian car. Most people don't remember the Delmont 88. My favorite of all time was from a man who said he "Owned one back in the day and that he loved his "Dewmont"
Oh if I had a dollar for the canadian line or the fact they get confused.I have info from the net and explain it several times when i go to a show.I had people that run a show put delta on the window card though it is a delmont.

Originally Posted by Oldskeeper
We went to my wife's boss's home for a company BBQ and her boss says to me ''did you see that Lincoln on the road out there?' And I said "Where?" looking out on the street. He says "Right there. The Blue one." I answered back. That's not a Lincoln, it's an Olds." He then retorted "It's a Lincoln. I KNOW my cars!" I responded, "Well, here's the keys, I drive an Olds and it's Blue." I had to go out and show him that the keys were for "that blue Lincoln", in fact a Blue 63 Olds 98 Convertible. And no, I didn't give him a ride.
I have to say that is the funniest thing said about my car,I had a guy I know well see my car and I kid you not he goes nice lincoln

Originally Posted by bittersweet71
Some zit faced punks in a Jap car with a fart can muffler pulled up beside me at a red light and asked me if my Olds was fast. "yep!" was all I said. They said " prove it" and I responded that she did not have to prove it anymore that I knew and that was enough. They took off laughing with a pathetic little bark of the tires and that lawnmower without a muffler sound. They did the same thing at the next light but I was waiting for them at the next one! They were conspicuously silent. I asked them if the would bring their Japasaki over and mow my yard.
I like this you got my mind set I can't stand those toy cars.I use the wheed wacker joke lawn mower joke and sewing machine on wheels.
Old November 24th, 2009, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by delmontcrusier

I like this you got my mind set I can't stand those toy cars.I use the wheed wacker joke lawn mower joke and sewing machine on wheels.
Amen to that! If it really comes down to it, I'll just run over their ricey-*** mitsubishi, throw it in the trunk of my 98, then turn it in at the grocery store deposit for a nickel!
Old November 25th, 2009, 01:35 AM

3 month ago we`ve been on a classic car meeting.It was an open meeting as there where Lambos,Mercedes,Ford,Fiat,VW..........Before we startet to a round trip all the cars passed something like a bridge with a platform.One after the other stopped there and the promoter told something about the vehikles.He knew a bit from all the 200 classics,and got no problems with 63 T-Bird,55 Cadillac and other Vintage US-Cars.When Claudia stopped in her 63 F85 he was perplexed.After watching the Olds a while he reached the microphon to Claudia and pleased her to tell everybody about that car.After the round trip some old Porsche and Mercedes owners stood around us and discussed the Olds worth.They appreciated the value from 50.000-80.000$ Earnestly!!!
Those guys spend every weekend on meetings and have never seen such a car before Rare and nice means to them it has to be very expensive.
Now we where perplexed and didn`t try to sell our beloved Olds
Old November 25th, 2009, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Eric Anderson
I parked at the grocery store and a 71 cutlass parks next to me a nice little old lady gets out and walks over to me and my buddy, looks at my car says " nice olds wanna run for slips?"... funny thing is I'm pretty sure she was serious, I got ribbed about that for a long time
That's the best yet!!!

Can't wait.... Won't be too long & I'll be able to do that!

Ralph
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:33 AM

Yeah....

It happened w/ my wife's '92 Camaro Z28 'vert, but I think it still fits:

We're driving by kinda slow on a residential street, 2 young kids ('bout 10-11 yrs) scope the car out. One to the other: "Boah (means WOW or like that!) a Viper!!!

Ralph
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:37 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GoodOldsGuyDougie
I had a little Jap Car with some Chumps in it doing a weed eater Rev on me a while back at a Light. I told them I would be happy to Race them but I wouldn't have time to disconnect the 4 plugs and Remove the Cam to make it fair.
Gonna have to remember that one!

Ralph
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:44 AM

I like telling people, "That fat pig Ted Kennedy drove an Oldsmobile too, he killed his girlfreind in it then left the scene".
Old November 25th, 2009, 05:59 AM

Every time we are at a car show with the Silver Bullet, there's always someone that comes by and says, "Did they really make a S/W verision of the H/O"? The best was at the annual Oldsmar car show (Florida) several years ago, just after finishing the paint scheme. Guy walks up w/his family, all knowing, and I overhear, "wow! This is one bada-- car! Very rare! They only made just a few station wagon Hurst Oldsmobile's. The rest of them were hardtops or convertibles". Once again, trying to impess with his (non) knowledge.
Old November 25th, 2009, 08:59 AM

I'm going into nice cars, ma -me
Better sell your olds then -Mother
???? I'd just buy another olds...
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:19 PM

I really like this thread. I had done the body on my car dark green with the white stripes. It was the first ride in the new color. I was at the gas station, and this guy tells me know's the guy who owned the car before me? I said I have had the car for ten years, and bought it in London Ontario, and it was a different color green until last week. Well, this guys starts arguing with me that I am wrong, and that this was his buddies car...anyway, he got mad and pedaled away on his bike. Another time at a light a rice burner with a gopher hole exhaust lines up and starts revving his 4 banger. The light turns green, and he takes off. I let him get a bit ahead of me, then give it some gas...I passed him, and at the next light he asks....Dude does that thing have a chip? I said no...There called secondaries. He face was blank...
Old November 25th, 2009, 06:27 PM

I love the double takes I get in my Diesel 98. I come around the corner in my neighborhood a few weeks ago and some hiphop idiots playing basketball next to a KIA or something just stared at me. I may not be able to smoke them, but I can pull stumps and beat that car in a fight. lol
Old November 27th, 2009, 05:24 PM

You can pull in front of a hybrid and smoke them out with the diesel.
Old November 28th, 2009, 06:44 AM

Nice Chevelle, Nice Pontiac, Nice looking 350 too bad thing they don't have any power. That's when ask them if they want to race. They pickup their cell phone my wife calling me. Then I tell them it's ok it's a 455 you would have lost anyway.
Old November 28th, 2009, 07:01 AM

Been there, done that destructor haha
Old November 28th, 2009, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassjoe
..There called secondaries. He face was blank...
LMAOROTF

Kid probably never heard of an 8 track either.
Old November 28th, 2009, 04:18 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
LMAOROTF

Kid probably never heard of an 8 track either.
No he did'nt. We actually pulled into the parking lot, and showed him a carb, and the secondaries....He would not remember the 8 track either. I remember the cassette tape player converter you stuck in the 8 track...
Old November 28th, 2009, 04:24 PM

This is not Olds related, but I was at a cruise night this past summer. A gentleman had his Chevelle SS 454 for sale. I caught part of the conversation with a prospective buyer, it went like this...(buyer) What kind of mileage does it get? (Seller) I don't know, the gauge hits empty, I fill it with premium...(Buyer) So, you have no idea what kind of mileage it gets in the city or on the highway? How can I make an informed decision if you don't even know what kind of mileage this gets??? (seller) Look, it probably gets 7-8 mpg city. 10-12 higway...you do not buy these cars for gas mileage. You buy them because you like them, they remind you of your youth, or because you want to shred tires. If you want mileage, buy a Frickin Prius.

I had to leave, I was starting to laugh to hard....Great thread!
Old November 28th, 2009, 05:47 PM

My Cutlass doesn't get great mileage, with these cars you don't have to check mileage, you can tell if they are running well by observing the motors sound, smell of the exhaust, pulling a plug once in a while etc. No matter how well I keep it tuned it just isn't going to get good mileage. Yet these old gas guzzlers are cheaper to drive to work than to take public transportation. I don't drive to work but it costs me about 11 bucks a day for a 12 mile train ride into Boston and T parking. The Cutlass stays in my garrage during the work week.
Old February 19th, 2010, 01:49 PM

I was picking up my kid sister from daycare when a 5 or 6 year old boy getting in a minivan said "mommy is that a lamborghini?".
Old February 19th, 2010, 08:25 PM

"That's not a real 442" It doesn't have red fender wells.The guy not knowing that in 72 there where no red fender wells and the 442 was a option added to the cutlass supreme
Old February 19th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Ben

I get a lot of "what is that" people know its not a chevelle, and not a gto- so they ask.

A few years back when i had my 68 delmont 88 convertible i was sitting at a stoplight with the top down and this guy pulls up and says hey man- i can paint that thing and make it look sweet- $400 is all it would cost. I said something along the lines of when it gets painted it will be a lot more than a $400 job- i guess he took it as an insult to his work, as he goes- That thing is just a jalopey anyway and roared off. its the only time in my life that anyone has actually used the word "Jalopy" to me in a real conversation!

LOL
Old February 19th, 2010, 09:19 PM
1970 442

I had a couple kids walk over to my 70 442 while I was at an auto parts store, and the first thing one of them said was, "Man, these things are HUGE!" They were driving a Honda Civic, lowered, black with blue wheels. Wished my friend and I would have brought his 1970 Olds 98, now THAT"S huge, but a 70 442 big? I guess to them it was.

Nice kids though, they seemed to enjoy seeing such an "antique". Then one of them asked me if I was the original owner. Ummm....I was 10 years old back in 1970, so I guess I'm older than I look! That's ok though, when I was 17 years old (like they were), anyone over 40 looked "old" to me, and I couldn't tell what age group they were in.
Old May 8th, 2010, 06:54 PM

Last summer my fiance and I went to a drive-in (yes there are still a few around) and I heard some guy tell his wife (confidently, mind you) "oh, that's a Monte Carlo". We were in one of my Ninety Eight's. How could anybody really mistake a Ninety Eight for a Monte??
Old May 8th, 2010, 07:47 PM

Unhappy A Camaro?!?!?!???

I got one last month that was downright sad.

When at the lake driving Lady, I stopped at sonic and was waiting on a burger and fries. Chunky 20 year old was cleaning the sidewalk and he asked "is that a Camaro?"

Now I do like Camaros, but they are SO SO different looking - smaller, too!
He said his folks had an old Ford pickup and a Mustang, so he must not have known a thing about old GM cars. Poor kid...

...sigh...
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:00 PM
One of None W-31

Probably the best, was a guy who asked me to raise the hood so he could look at the motor. He says, "Wow"... looks around a little more, then states, "I see you even have a fan in it."
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:08 PM

old thread, but ill jump on.

the best to date is my old boss telling me I must have a rusted out muffler and it idled like s##t.....
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:48 PM

Driving the car home from picking it up, we're at a gas station in Jersey...kid comes up to pump my gas (What the hell Jersey) and says "you had this thing since it was new?" I was 17 at the time. It was so dumb I thought it was a joke....until...

...he comes back 10 seconds later...'hey man, do you know you don't have a gas tank?" Didn't know my gas cap was under the plate. He didn't elaborate on how he thought it drove without gas.
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:59 PM

"Nice, but I prefer GTO's. Do you know what GTO stands for?" "Yeah." I said, "Go To Olds."
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:46 PM

I've seen a few other makes mentioned so I'll throw this in. We had just bought a 78 Trans Am for my wife and I was taking my son and some of his friends for a drive in it. I turned around in a grocery store parking lot and as I was going down one of the isles, a couple of boys about 10 or stopped in their tracks and watched as we drove passed. As we passed them, one of the boys yelled "Sweet Corvette !!". We all busted out laughing. I said, Hey, at least he's into cars.....

By the way 442much, who is the cutie in your sig pic?

Last edited by W70442; May 8th, 2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:44 AM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

In the middle of stripping my car, '68 Cutlass S, down for paint, they 4 year boy who lives next door was riding his bike and stopped to tell me that "My daddy has a new car and it does not have any scratches on it." He also asked me "why are you fixing it, just get a new one." Another one was a gas jockey who after 5 minutes of my friends and I laughing at him walking around and around the car, had to ask were te gas cap was. Working to pumps "for two years" he had never seen one behind the plate, "was it custom?" The most recent one was a young (18-21) tuner kid at the paint shop who asked me if my Cutlass S had a 4 or a 6.
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by W70442
.......By the way 442much, who is the cutie in your sig pic?
Just a girl whose top seemed to match the colour of my car.

Quick Reply: funniest comment anyone ever made about your Olds....