General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

1955 olds trim options

Search this Thread

Old July 26th, 2013, 11:15 PM

1955 olds trim options

I have a 2 door hardtop 55 olds mild custom and I thought it would look nice with 56 bel air trim on it, both being tri five GMs I figured size wise it would fit. Can anyone tell me if that would work? Thank you for any help and suggestions in advance. This is an amazing forum.
Old July 27th, 2013, 08:23 AM

Well I suppose you could stick 56 Chevy trim on your Olds, the curve of the trim looks as it would fit without to much pruning and the contours are probably close enough that the vertical prices could be massaged to fit but why would you want your Oldsmobile to look like a run of the mill Chevy? I understand this is a custom and for sure it is your car to do what fits your fancy but to put Chevy trim on a Olds that has such unique and distinctive lines is beyond me. I hate it when my car is mistaken for a Bel air...Lost in the fifties...Tedd
Old July 27th, 2013, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson
Well I suppose you could stick 56 Chevy trim on your Olds, the curve of the trim looks as it would fit without to much pruning and the contours are probably close enough that the vertical prices could be massaged to fit but why would you want your Oldsmobile to look like a run of the mill Chevy? I understand this is a custom and for sure it is your car to do what fits your fancy but to put Chevy trim on a Olds that has such unique and distinctive lines is beyond me. I hate it when my car is mistaken for a Bel air...Lost in the fifties...Tedd

Hi tedd. Thanks for the reply. As of now I have no trim on my car, it's been shaved, nosed and decked. I'm an olds guy period. I love there lines and perfect balance of style and performance. I am also a traditional custom guy, not the hacked up rat rods but the classy Barris syle stuff that gave birth to custom cars. In my opinion 56 bel air trim complements the slab side body of my olds better then the stock trim package.