Code 34

Search this Thread

Old April 18th, 2016, 12:03 PM

Code 34

I check my car for codes and I got code 34. I look in my Haynes book and it says the DPS/VAC sensor needs to be replaced. My question is can you buy a DPS sensor or will I have to go to the junk yard and try there? I looked online and no luck.
Thanks
Old April 18th, 2016, 12:06 PM

What kind of car is it, and what engine does it have? Your car should be new enough that you can order a new DPS/VAC sensor at the auto parts store. However, why do you have that code? It might not be a bad sensor. What is the car doing?
Old April 18th, 2016, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Olds64
What kind of car is it, and what engine does it have? Your car should be new enough that you can order a new DPS/VAC sensor at the auto parts store. However, why do you have that code? It might not be a bad sensor. What is the car doing?
I forgot to mention what car I have smh. It's a 1985 delta 88 307 v8.
It shuts off while I'm driving. I use to be able to keep it running but I did an oil change and replaced the fuel filter and after that the check engine light came on. And now I'm here..
Old April 18th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by WB8588
I check my car for codes and I got code 34. I look in my Haynes book and it says the DPS/VAC sensor needs to be replaced. My question is can you buy a DPS sensor or will I have to go to the junk yard and try there? I looked online and no luck.
Thanks
Throw away the Haynes. Get a factory Chassis Service Manual. The CSM has detailed troubleshooting charts for each error code. The problem often isn't as simple as replacing a part, especially on the CCC system.

Code 34 indicates a low voltage out of the MAP sensor. Standard Motor Products AS10, available everywhere. Of course, it could also be caused by a bad connector or a bad vacuum hose to the sensor. The MAP sensor is mounted on the passenger side inner fender under the hood.

Old April 18th, 2016, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Throw away the Haynes. Get a factory Chassis Service Manual. The CSM has detailed troubleshooting charts for each error code. The problem often isn't as simple as replacing a part, especially on the CCC system.

Code 34 indicates a low voltage out of the MAP sensor. Standard Motor Products AS10, available everywhere. Of course, it could also be caused by a bad connector or a bad vacuum hose to the sensor. The MAP sensor is mounted on the passenger side inner fender under the hood.

Thanks man!