1969 442 - Lost Dash Lights and Wipers Won't Stop

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2015, 08:40 PM

1969 442 - Lost Dash Lights and Wipers Won't Stop

Hi all,

I've experienced some electrical issues after I removed the dash to paint, replaced the dash pad, and restored the gauges. When I re-installed the dash, I no longer had my dash lights, but still have power to the cigarette lighter, convertible top, and the weird thing is that the windshield wiper motor won't stop when the key is turned on.

I've read through some threads here that mentioned that the dash lights, front marker lights, and tail lamps are on the same circuit. I have to admit that I'm not sure if I had the marker lights or tail lamps before or not, but I do not have my rear tail lamps now. The dash lights did work before though. I did check and appear to have a good ground to the ground plate in the dash.

There was a thread posted about a month ago on disconnecting the light harness connector to the front and rear lights, that I wanted to try. I guess I was wondering if you folks had any other suggestions or had any insight on why the wiper motor stays on (although I can speed it up and slow it down with the ****)
Old April 8th, 2015, 07:57 PM

Ok folks... working my way through this. I'm back-feeding from somewhere, and I may have found one source. I'm grounded at the heater control resistor, and according to the schematic - this is not a good thing.