DELTA ADOPTION POST

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Exclamation DELTA ADOPTION POST

I have too many cars that need too much work at the moment, but I just HAD to save them from going to the boneyard because the previous owners were going to junk them. . Does an Oldsmobiler in the Chicago west suburbs need a Delta to fix up?? Please? Nobody will put any time and effort into these cars around here because they are all starting to rot and are not that great on gas mileage. There is nothing that you can't fix on them though I am looking for a good home for 3 cars at the moment, and If I don't find one soon I am going to have to part them out. Obviously dissecting cars will take up a lot of my free time and I would like to avoid this if possible.
Here is a list of the cars I need to get adopted.
1984 Impala 2 Door Chubby 350 99000mi --$1000 (maroon) Ready to drive. Sigh, (It just needed a distributor cap and plugs/wires.) People aggravate me. I gave this to a friend but it's back at my house. He bought a new truck and wants to get a grand to reemburse the work he has had done on it. Brake lines? and exhaust I think? I don't know ...whatever.

1985 Oldsmobile Delta88 royale 2door 130000mi --$200 (gray) The heater core was making white smoke go into the interior, All I had to do was solder the pipe. Idles pretty high, Needs exhaust from cat back, and maybe some front suspension I don't know what It's been through. Body is pretty nice.

1980 Olds Delta88 royale 4 door. 90000 miles. (probably just parting out) Fuel line was leaking , I cut out the bad section and spliced in rubber, runs and drives great. A little puff of oil burning when it starts. (valve stem seals maybe?) Body and interior are horrendous though. 84? 2door front clip on it. body lines don't match, rear quarters rotten from wheel well down. It would probably be best If I parted this one out. Rear frame rails are rotten as well. Let me know what parts you want. I am probably going to keep the th350 for my Delta.
I also have a 350 block free to a good home. I believe he said it was from a 71 Cutlass. Has everything but heads. I got it for free from a guy in the neighborhood who always sees me driving Olds' around. He was moving, flagged me down and told me I'd be doing him a favor by taking it off of his hands.
PM me if you need my cell #
and feel free to move this post if It should be in the for sale section. I figured that section was for nice cars though haha.
--Jeremy

Last edited by J-(Chicago); September 9th, 2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old September 9th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Oh yeah and if you're just gonna go demo derby these, please don't let me know about it, as I have rescued them from death once already.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 06:06 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Thumbs up

All have been saved.