The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

First Post for new member 1966 Delta 88

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2012, 06:46 PM

Smile First Post for new member 1966 Delta 88

Evening All,

My name is Dale Thompson and I just recently purchased a 1966 Delta 88 Holiday Coupe. I am new to the Oldsmobile World but this two door classic is really a cool car. It needs some love and attention with just less than 55K original miles and 46 years young. I plan on completing the project someone started with his son who has gone off to college. The engine and transmission has been rebuilt and it drives nicely. Interior seats and headliner is in excellent shape. I would like to know how to find sites that sell miscellanious oldsmobile parts for this make and model. Also, I would like to convert the drum brakes in the front to disc while not having to give up the power brakes. I suppose I need to find out what newer model vehicle would bolt up to my car. Anyway, I will stop rambling now and look forward to communicating with other Odsmobile owners.
Old August 14th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Welcome aboard Dale.
Nice to hear you've got a good project car on the go. The bad is that there isn't a big aftermarket supply base for the B and C cars as there is for the A bodies. Still, there are places like Fusick Automotive, USA Parts Supply, In line Tube, Original Parts Group that may be able to help with some of your needs. Legendary Auto Interiors does great work for interiors. One of our members rroth01 (Ron Roth) does incredible restos on dashes and gages.

Best I let others welcome you too. BTW, we would love to see pics of your new project. Lots of members with those cars who can help steer you in the right direction.

Be sure to start a thread under major builds to cover off your experiences.
Old August 15th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Welcome, pic's are required!
Old August 19th, 2012, 11:43 PM

welcome

Welcome Dale
Good to see you finally made it into the olds world. Enjoy your new ride. I am sure I will be busy helping you with your new project when you get started.
Old August 26th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Registered Abuser

Excellent thread about how to convert our 66 Delta's to disc. I might get around to doing it one day...