Headers Question

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2012, 07:26 AM

Headers Question

Hey everyone, I tried to find an answer to my question by searching the forums but couldn't. I found a good deal on a new/ still in the box set of Flowtech headers. Part # 11150. When I checked them out on the Summit web site, the "notes" section said they will not fit cars with an offset engine.

So......does my 72 Supreme have an offset engine? Which Cutlass's have an offest engine?
Old April 15th, 2012, 12:00 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Oh no not the offset engine topic again

Try this https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...me-offset.html
Old April 15th, 2012, 12:12 PM

I have a set of Flowtechs that are in the box, with a few minor scrapes on them from trying to get them into my 72. They are the ceramic coated ones, so let me know if you are interested. I stayed with stock manifolds. The reason I couldn't get them in my car was because I didn't change the friggin' motor mounts out when I had the engine pulled. Stupid. I listed them in the parts for sale section on here I think. They are for SB 350.

Kevin
Old April 15th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 72CS
..does my 72 Supreme have an offset engine? Which Cutlass's have an offest engine?
This is a beat to death theme and Summit only contributes to it by giving out FALSE info about your car. If you want a set of Headmans for a your car, I have a set in the shed that are new, never mounted. PM me if you are interested. I bought them years ago and am not going to use them. You can make me an offer I can't refuse; know what I mean???

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Oh no not the offset engine topic again Try this https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...me-offset.html
X2!!
oh, add this to the list:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...e-headers.html
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:33 AM

My Bad

Sorry guys . I don't know why that thread didn't come up when I did my search. I promise I won't ask about offset engines again.

Thanks for the offers for headers for sale, but the main reason I was interested in these Flowtechs was because they were relatively close by. I haven't commited to anything yet though, so I will consider these other options.
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 72CS
Sorry guys . I don't know why that thread didn't come up when I did my search. I promise I won't ask about offset engines again.
Not to worry, someone else will...
Old April 25th, 2012, 05:46 AM

Hello I didn't want to start a new thread so I am going to post my question here since it is about headers, I brought the flow tech 31150FT (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BIG-31150FLT/) I own a 1969 cutlass S with a 350 rocket These heads should fit fine right? and when I put them in is there any modding I have to do to get them in? I am wondering if anyone else put on flow tech headers on a 1969 cutlass? If you have put them on how hard was it to get the bolts off the exhaust manifold? Thanks Any tips would be great.