dash pad help

Search this Thread

Old March 16th, 2009, 04:25 PM

Question dash pad help

can any one tell me how to remove the dash pad on a 72 supreme? i've been trying for days. the internet is good for nothing and i cant find a chilton manual for this year. any help would be appreciated. thanx in advance.
Old March 16th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 72greensupreme
can any one tell me how to remove the dash pad on a 72 supreme? i've been trying for days. the internet is good for nothing and i cant find a chilton manual for this year. any help would be appreciated. thanx in advance.
The Chiltons/Haynes manuals are worthless. Get a Chassis Service Manual. There's at least one 1972 manual on ebay right now. As for removing the dash, after removing the gauges, glovebox, and radio, you need to drop the steering coluimn. Then lay in the car with your head under the dash and your feet hanging over the seatback and remove all the nuts that hold the dashpad and plastic lower section to the cowl. The CSM shows you where all the nuts are. Some people find it easier to just remove the seat and lay on the floor.

Last edited by joe_padavano; March 16th, 2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old March 16th, 2009, 05:20 PM

thanx joe

thanx for ur help. the good thing is my interior is all out right now. i've got the new pad and i know where the bolts are. as far as the glove box goes i cant figure out how to remove that either. ive got the bottom plastics off, the radio out, glove box door off. do i need to meve the ac duct work because i cant see **** from under the dash. im pulling my hair out righht now.
Old March 16th, 2009, 05:57 PM

it will make it easier to remove the A/C duct work. when i done the frame off on my rallye 350 it took me a week of vacation to get the wire harness and dash in my car. just have to take your time. with just doing the dash pad it will be a little easier than starting from nothing. good luck.

i was in the middle of trying to quit cussing when i put my dash in. let me tell you, that was the wrong time to try to quit
Old March 16th, 2009, 06:10 PM

thanx jensen

your rally is awesome!! this is the 1st time i tried to do interior work and now i realize why it so expensive. i'm giving up until the weekend. if i get the damn thing done i will send u some pics. by the way, how did u get a pic under ur username? id like to put a pic of my car under my name. thax again bro. Jay
Old March 17th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to our site Jay.