'74 olds restoration ?

Search this Thread

Old July 10th, 2006, 05:51 AM

'74 olds restoration ?

I believe my hubby is getting a '74 olds cutlass for me for my b-day. His buddy owns it, was going to strip it and use it for a race car. But since I've shown an interest hubby is going to basically get it for me. It's in good condition, solid body, little to no rust. 350 4bbl rocket(I'm excited for that)!!! My question is this. I want to do alot of the restoration myself, but want to do this right, where are some good resources to go to for info on body work? Also, I'm not sure I want to keep the same stock color(pale yellow) but what were some other color's for that year????? I'll send it out for the paint job, and the engine work me and hubby will do most of it. What are some things you would recommend for body/engine upgrades????
Old July 10th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome, I read your post in the other thread "what do you do?". One resource you could go to would be Year One, the may be of some help for body panels etc. If you rebuild the 350 stock you will be very pleased with it, most sources like Summit Racing, Jegs, etc will have the parts you need to rebuild the engine. If you are interested in a little more power and torque, you can choose from some more aggressive cam profiles and aftermarket induction choices and exhuasts too. It will cost you a little more to do it than doing a small block chevy but you will be pleased with the results.
Old July 10th, 2006, 07:38 AM

I know I will love the 350, I've driven them before in a '77 olds, love it!!! Looking for maybe a little more power, don't need much more!!!LOL This will be my first restoration really and want to make sure it's right. I like the Olds stock, but some newer ideas to body(paint) and engine is always something I'm thinking about. Thanks for the info, I'll be checking them out!