The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sunny this morning here, calling for a storm or two later tonight and into tomorrow. It sure is nice to be home today!! But the day will go soooo fast.

I went out and walked around the yard this morning, and the friggin deer have eaten every bud off the roses along the driveway, and most of the buds off my lilies - which I love - in the big bed in the front yard!!! Basta*ds!!!!!! I hate deer! Looks like they got all the Stargazer lilies. I wait all year for the flowers, through all the friggin snow, and the deer get them.

........Sandy, Dis is a odd Monday......... No new trophy.

Jamesbo..... ya aren't checking the threads very closely, now are ya?? Go find the one I put on Saturday night from the Newton Falls show......

Have a great day all!
Old June 27th, 2011, 06:09 AM
CQR

Good morning all.

Sandy Congrats on the weekend win.

Jamesbo. Glad you got your puter up and running again.

Ken. Nice looking engine compartment. I'm assuming this is the 76 in your avatar?

Yesterdays race was brutal. We started the race at the heat of the day. I couldn't finish the hour and a half in 100F heat. The kid and I suffered from heat stroke. The Mrs. helped the kid back to the trailer and then went out and took 4th in the expert class. Gonna be 75F with showers today
Old June 27th, 2011, 06:43 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

We got some pretty good storms here last eve and supposed to get more this eve. We need it badly.

Jamesbo it would be nice if I could jet up there fer da day to gawk and ogle, but I don't think the Mrs would give me a kitchen pass to go up thar alone, and probably fer dem reasons.

I wonder where is Norton? Hadn't heard from him in a while, I hope everything is okay.

CQR I hope everyone is okay after the heatstrokes. That old bear in the sky can be brutal. Congrats on your 4th place in the expert class that sounds like fun.

I hope everyone has a great short week and be safe out there. Fourth of July week always seems to bring out some terrible drivers.

Scot
Old June 27th, 2011, 07:14 AM

Monday sure does come quickly for us working folks. I'm sure Saturdays and Sundays are shorter then those other 5-working days. Spent the days scraping down the house eves for painting. No fun at all. Well time to go to work.

Enjoy your day of Sandy,

Hit the Ball well Jamsbo

Hey Ken did you get the Olds started yet?

Where's Don this morning, sleeping in I guess

Have a great day all
Old June 27th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Ken... I'll send ya a cloth or two, lol. I have plenty of them. Pm me your address again - I don't know if I still have it or not.
I had my first Ultimate Cloth on the kitchen counter-top. I had been cleaning cupboard doors. I stopped to go to the store and when I came home, my cloth was gone. My TW said she cut it up to make stuff to hold up tomato plants. She said she thought it was a tough yellow paper.

Is NOTHING safe anymore!

--Don
Old June 27th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by citcapp
Where's Don this morning, sleeping in I guess
Wrong, Pat!

I was watching the F1 race from yesterday!

--Don
Old June 27th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by 442much

I'm getting close...

WOW!

What a beautiful job, Ken.... First rate stuff, eh!

Here's what mine looks like.

Attachment 181836

Want to come down to Dixie and "show" me how to do it?

--Don

Old June 27th, 2011, 11:28 AM

Morning all, glad to see everyone is still around, even if some of us no longer have perfect attendance

You were right about the flower Sandy, the yellow one and red one and the green tree I grew from seed, it is a Sapphire Dragon Tree. Other then those 3 not sure about names for the rest at the moment, I will find out but the blue one was the weed

That engine is looking mighty good thar Ken. I picked up my heads from the shop yesterday and found out how much to finish off the rest of the machine work, $1400 plus the $1000 I just paid for the heads See Sandy and Jamesbo I told ya it cost a lot to live down here oh well

I will pass your message onto Minette Jamesbo. I have an electric fence so the local boys shouldn't be too big of an issue

I work 4 on 4 off and my weekends still are too short Pat, I would find it very hard to go back to mon - fri

Time to go get ready for an ot shift this morning, have a great day ya'll, ttyl

Adrian
Old June 27th, 2011, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by CQR
Ken. Nice looking engine compartment. I'm assuming this is the 76 in your avatar?
You got it. First car I ever bought.

Attachment 181834

Attachment 181835
Old June 27th, 2011, 11:56 AM

........Sandy, Dis is a odd Monday......... No new trophy.

Jamesbo..... ya aren't checking the threads very closely, now are ya?? Go find the one I put on Saturday night from the Newton Falls show......
I'm old, I'm tired, I'm confused. Sorry

How many new threads have you started dis season about shows?

p.s. I played golf lousey today, I'm HOT and I'm gonna go get sum rotten potatoes with sum grapefuit juice.
Old June 27th, 2011, 12:01 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Cocktail:Thirty Gotta love the 19th hole
Old June 27th, 2011, 12:02 PM

Hey Ken did you get the Olds started yet?
Have to adjust the timing or need a new module in the distributor. I guess "recurve" doesn't mean rebuild. Not a strong spark. It kicked over but didn't start. Hope to get a chance to try it tonight.

Originally Posted by Ddbord
WOW!

What a beautiful job, Ken.... First rate stuff, eh!
First rate as soon as she starts. If I have the chance to get in there tonight, I'll give it another go. Got any elbow grease left? That engine of yours could shine, but at least I bet it starts......
Old June 27th, 2011, 12:03 PM

Scot, Dat's de good thing 'bout international forums. I can be on Adrian's time any time I want.
Old June 27th, 2011, 12:07 PM

Well, looky what turned up @ Autoweek's Daily Drive today.http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110624/CARNEWS/110629918
Old June 27th, 2011, 12:11 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Scot, Dat's de good thing 'bout international forums. I can be on Adrian's time any time I want.
I know that's right!

The story you are about to receive is TRUE,
names have been changed to protect the innocent.
Old June 27th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by GAOldsman

The story you are about to receive is TRUE,
names have been changed to protect the innocent.
Dum-Da-Dum-Dum!
Old June 27th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Got any elbow grease left? That engine of yours could shine, but at least I bet it starts......
Blue Belle goes "Vroom-Vroom", and runs just great. The little 330 cu. in. (5.4 Litre to you metric fans) has only 56,000 miles on it and a Cutlass automatic transmission, but it will scream if ya'll want to!

Yours will run soon. I think Jamesbo should organize a pool on the date and hour it first Keeps Running! Ya'll are not in the pool

--Don
Old June 27th, 2011, 04:15 PM
CQR

Originally Posted by Ddbord
Blue Belle goes "Vroom-Vroom", and runs just great. The little 330 cu. in. (5.4 Litre to you metric fans) has only 56,000 miles on it and a Cutlass automatic transmission, but it will scream if ya'll want to!

Yours will run soon. I think Jamesbo should organize a pool on the date and hour it first Keeps Running! Ya'll are not in the pool

--Don
I'm not real sure we want to see Jamesbo pool attire.
Old June 27th, 2011, 04:37 PM

Man dis place done get sideways in a hurry. I gonna go back and check out the video for the 55time.

Ken,

stop watching the video and get that thar Olds running
Old June 27th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Cutlass Lover

.......How many new threads have you started dis season about shows?

Well Jamesbo, there have been a few I gotta admit, but not all of them say Teepo took 1st place in Newton Falls, lol, and show that beautiful trophy!!!! 1st place, Jamesbo! I am proud!!! I'll gladly post the pics again, lol!

Attachment 181827

Attachment 181828
Old June 28th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Good morning

'mornin' Ya'll........

Am I first Today?

Hurry up, Pat!

--Don
Old June 28th, 2011, 04:39 AM

Mawn'in all

Hot and muggy already

Sandy, I'm sorry. I jes stay confused. I need a program to keep up wit all the shows and trophies.

Bye the way,What did you do to your finger. I sliced mine de utter day opening an aluminium thingy a pill came in.

Pat, this thread stays sideways. Seems like yesterday Ken was waist deep in snow and Sany was whin'in 'bout de weather. Did ya notice she does dat all year long.

Don, Sure I'll organinze a office pool Ya'll all ges send me 50 bucks each and I'll pick out a square for ya. I'll post de winner and send dem the pool $$ [less appropriate handling fees, dealer prep and undercoating of course]

Please let us know how the ultimate cloth does hold'in up tomatoes. Tim made find a whole new market for his product.

How 'bout an egg burrito dis mawn'in?
Old June 28th, 2011, 06:01 AM
CQR

You got it. First car I ever bought.
Beautiful.

Good morning all.

Beating my head against the wall. Fighting a 'rebuilt' q-jet with a late tip in and bad surge up to 1/4 throttle on a 76 vette. Also have a real clean 71 roadrunner to work on today. Hope everyone has a great day.

Congrats on the magazine pic Sandy.
Old June 28th, 2011, 06:09 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

It's a bit cooler this morning here after the rain we got yesterday. The highs are supposed to reach the low 90's with another chance of the wet stuff this eve.

Jamesbo that burrito looks pretty good. Did you find a camera yet?

I think Pat is watching the car wash scene one more time just to make sure he didn't miss a thing.

Ken did you get the module in and get it running yet or do you think it might be the coil pack? IMO the blue 455 paint is the best looking engine ever and yours is a perfect match not too dark and not too light.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Scot
Old June 28th, 2011, 06:17 AM

Man dis place done get sideways in a hurry. I gonna go back and check out the video for the 55time.

Ken,

stop watching the video and get that thar Olds running

Good morning all. Well Pat, we turned the distrib around checked it out a few times and she started. Ran her for about 20-30 minutes at about 2000-2500 rpm. Oil pressure good, temp good, looked underneath no leaks.

So tonight I'll tweek the exhaust manifold bolts to make sure everything is still tight. Boy did it smoke. The paint on the heads and manifold smoked like crazy. The second start, we didn't see that to much.

Well, looks like I'll make at least one Canada Day show on Friday. Have a good day all.
Old June 28th, 2011, 06:18 AM

Yep Scot, I bought 2 Sony's yesterday at Walmart
And 2 different colors so my Super model won't get mixed up wit whose is whats
Old June 28th, 2011, 06:33 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Ken I know your proud. Didn't happen to video it and post it on youtube did ya?

Jamesbo I dunno about the Wally World Sony's but the one I got from Best Buy is a nice one.
Old June 28th, 2011, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Ken I know your proud. Didn't happen to video it and post it on youtube did ya?

Jamesbo I dunno about the Wally World Sony's but the one I got from Best Buy is a nice one.
Hi Scot,

My wife broke the camcorder years ago and I never replaced it (as it was the second time) . Anyway, didn't need to change the module. Just climbed in the engine bay, took the cap off, yanked the distrib out turned it around (took 10 minutes) but finally lined it up. Got in the car turned the key and she started.

Damn near asphyxiated myself. My garage looked like the smoking room for the Cheech & Chong movie "Up in Smoke". It was coming from the front and the back. On the second start up, a lot less smoke. Seems like the paint is baked on now. Best thing of all is the temp and oil pressure were stable during the half hour start up and underneath, there we no traces of leaks.
Old June 28th, 2011, 07:16 AM
"Car"mudgeon

That is awesome Ken. At least you were able to seat the rings and break in the cam last night, now you just need some seat time in it. Congrats, I know your proud.

Scot
Old June 28th, 2011, 07:18 AM

Ken,

Glad to here all is well. Next step, take her for a test drive. No tickets now, find that back road a put the hammer down. Bet she'll be a runner. have fun

Love those breakfast burrito's Jamesbo, great way to start the day.

Sandy just likes to wine about the weather, part of her physic I guess. She is just prepping herself for the move to Arizona. Then she can complain about the heat

Yeah, Don you were first, that's gotta be worth at least 10 times being late right?
Old June 28th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Jamesbo..... I do not whine about the weather all year, lol! When do you ever hear me complain about sunshine and hot? Now rain and snow..... that's another matter. You make me laugh!

That band aid on my knuckle is where I sliced it open on the wheel well molding when I was wiping down the wheel wells before judging started. It bled like a stuck pig, lol! No doubt this aspirin I take every day is keeping my blood thin! I've learned to keep band aids in my purse for such things.

That burrito looks good. Did you make that fancy looking plate up like that, or is it a picture someone else made up, lol?? Very pleasing to look at!! Glad to hear ya finally got a camera!! Now take some pics of your garden and stuff so I can see!

Ken.... glad to hear she's up and running!!! Hope all stays good!

Boy it's quiet in here. We've only had 2 phone calls this morning! Brian is on vacation now for 2 weeks, so I'm liking that, lol..

Had to take Nicole to the doctor yesterday - seems they are taking care of a cat for Dave's sister, and Nicole's allergies/asthma had her not breathing very good. She was using her inhaler like crazy. So they did a breathing treatment on her, and it was better. Gave her a script for 5 days worth of Prednisone to take, and the cat has to go!!! I told her when they took it in that she would have problems. Poor kid has always loved animals, but she's "highly" allergic to cat dander.

But what does Mom know, lol!! As mother used to say, "If ya don't listen, you'll feel"!!!!

Adrian..... nice to hear from you! I love all those exotic looking flowers!! I would hate it if I had beauties like those, and the friggin deer ate them! Larry said yesterday morning when he was making his coffee, that there was a deer out back standing on it's hind legs eating out of one of my bird feeders! Said it looked like a kangaroo, lol! I guess eating all the rose and lily buds weren't good enough for the damned thing. It had to go after the birdseed too. We give up on having a nice yard anymore.

Clouding up out there - big dark clouds. Didn't think it was gonna rain until later....

Well have a great day all!
Old June 28th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Had to take Nicole to the doctor yesterday - seems they are taking care of a cat for Dave's sister, and Nicole's allergies/asthma had her not breathing very good. She was using her inhaler like crazy. So they did a breathing treatment on her, and it was better. Gave her a script for 5 days worth of Prednisone to take, and the cat has to go!!! I told her when they took it in that she would have problems. Poor kid has always loved animals, but she's "highly" allergic to cat dander.
Sandy...

I grew up in a home with two cats and a dog. I wheezed and sneazed and my eyes ran whenever I was in the house, and never really quit. All during this time I played baseball in high school (we were state champs of Ohio in 1948, (Cleveland Heights) I played through all the lower leagues all the way up to Class A sponsored in Cleveland. the whole time I was living at home and sneezing! In the winter I really suffered playing hockey. Two minutes on the ice, four minutes off. After I got married and moved to our own home with out animals. I couldn't believe the difference.

I'm still terribly allergic to cats (worse) and dogs (bad) and birds (ugh!)

We cannot stay with our daughter in Louisville. Five cats and a parrot!

I really feel for Nicole! The Prednisone is terrible stuff. Use generic Benedryl. It works great. You can tolerate a lot of that stuff.

-- Don
Old June 28th, 2011, 09:30 AM

Good afternoon all.

Cloudy day here today with a chance of rain tonite, just in time for the local cruise night.

Spent yesterday trying to get the power steering pump mounted and the pulley aligned with the rest.

After class today I will try to pick up new belts and tonite I will get to see if things really are lined up as well as they look.

Then I will have to finish playing with the spaghetti... I mean wiring.

Have a good day everyone.
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Cutlass Lover

....I really feel for Nicole! The Prednisone is terrible stuff. Use generic Benedryl. It works great. You can tolerate a lot of that stuff.

Thanks Don. They've had her on Singulair for years, but since she moved out, she hasn't been taking it like she should!! She has to use the inhaler when it's really bad. She only has 5 days worth of pills to take, and she goes to see her regular doctor tomorrow.

Old June 29th, 2011, 03:36 AM

Mawn'in all

Ding, Ding, Ding

What Happened to Don and Pat gett'in up early

Not too bad dis mawn'in.

It's my Super model"s berfday. Gotta go make her an omlette fer breakfast.

My stepson, his honey and their beagle are visit'in. Mosby [The grey ghost ] cat ain't real fond of the beagle.

When he's quietly munch'in on his breakfast de beagle comes up behind him and starts bay'in at him. I see shreaded beagle ears in the near future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esjec...eature=related

Don't need no alarm clock round here.
Old June 29th, 2011, 04:52 AM
CQR

Good morning everyone. Nice and cool this morning. There talking triple digits today.

Gonna drive the 442 to work. Gotta put the sniffer on it before I go get an emissions test. I hope she studied.

I put the airbags on last night. I like just a little rake. especially when I have the 4 bedroom trunk full of beverages and chairs for cruise night.

Hope everyone has a great day. Happy B-day to the Mrs. Jamesbo!
Old June 29th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cool and clear here today. In the 60's and only getting into the 70's. Warming up starting tomorrow, and they're still calling for scattered T-storms on Saturday.

Happy Birthday to your wife, Jamesbo! I'm sure Mosby doesn't like that dog, lol. Our rental house couple came over in the yard the other day and one of their dogs followed them... Doodle did not like it at all, lol! He was out on the deck and all hunched up lookin like a Halloween cat, lol! Growling and hissing....

Probably gonna go over to the Hudson cruise in tonight, I dunno yet. Another quiet day in here. bNot much going on in the steel industry, I guess!

Have a great day all!
Old June 29th, 2011, 06:36 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Jamesbo Tell the better half I said Happy Born Date! The rabbit dawg would be fun inside for about 20 minutes.

I guess I'll grill some nice thick poke chops this eve. Jamesbo if you think Striplings is good, you should try M & T meats in Hawkinsville. Their meats and prices just blows Striplings out of the water. No question.

I guess we get one more day of the "cooler" temps before back to the near triple and triple digits

I hope everyone has a great day.

Scot
Old June 29th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Ding, Ding, Ding

What Happened to Don and Pat gett'in up early
Here I am after 10:00 am. Sorry 'bout that!
Not too bad dis mawn'in.

It's my Super model"s berfday. Gotta go make her an omlette fer breakfast.
Me and my TW say Happy Birthday to your Super Model!

--Late Don
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:41 AM

Thank ye, thank ye. She's a good one to put up wit me.

Sandy, Ya seem to know alot 'bout cats. How *** de call grey cats Russian Blues? He grey as de come

Scot, I think I jump in my Cheby Suburban and run down to Hawkinsville. Wit the price of gas a poke chop shouldn't be more than $200.00

Don, I won't ax ya what kept cha in de rack so long. We who got young brides will jes keep it our little secret.

Mine wasn't 'round when Kennedy got shot but she's de baby of 9
[Good Irish Catholic family] so she was exposed to sum older stuff via her siblings.