The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

what are your other hobbies guys?

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2016 | 09:13 AM
jfb

Well the cold part of winter is almost over according to a dependable weather guy and I hope it holds! I have outside projects before the light work on the olds becomes a priority! I finished a major amount of work on the railroad around 350 to 400 hrs of work and the hard part is over. I am now thinking racing car shows and camping and fishing and hunting so how are your other hobbies shaping up. The major work on the olds was finished quite a few years back and with some help more work popped up aheeem after it was finished. I am back to enjoying it again this year.
Old February 9th, 2016 | 05:56 AM

My two boys of 12 and 9 being involved in multiple sports plus my wife works second shift, leaves very little time for this hobby let alone any others. I know before long that they'll be out on their own so I'm cherishing the time with them now.

I don't hunt, golf or fish. But I enjoy weightlifting, playing volleyball and softball, coaching little league baseball and Pop Warner football with the boys. I've been playing guitar since I was 9.

In addition to the two Oldsmobiles, I also have an Olds powered Pontiac and two Fords (a T-Bird and a Mercury Cougar). My home shop is heated and I still tinker on the cars over the winter because something always needs something. And it takes me all winter, but I usually manage to remodel one room in the house each winter. By the time I finish the last one, it will be time to start all over again.
Old February 9th, 2016 | 07:30 AM
btw
Smokin' BBQ Member

I built a lowboy hot rod tow long bbq smoker a few years ago, hit the competition circuit and cook for all my friends.

I garden in the spring summer and fall, and deer/duck hunt in the winter.