The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

What is wrong with young people!

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2015, 12:40 PM

I'll throw in my 2cents. I'm 25 and work my *** off. What I have found among people my age and younger it's 100% the fault of the parents. Lazy/self-righteous/ignorant people raising children who are the same.
Old March 24th, 2015, 01:00 PM

Let's raise the minimum wage. It's an entitlement society. I work with kids all day,they all think they should be able to start at the top. All I tell them is, the floors ain't gonna sweep themselfs. They can't figure it out.
Old March 24th, 2015, 01:40 PM

Thanks for that well thought out explanation. Don't you think it's a sad reflection on today's society that it's felt that positions have to be filled/created just so it equals the status quo.
I love having a diverse workforce and feel we can all learn from each other, however I am in a female dominated industry and men are looked at with suspicion if they want to join the type of work I do (I work in the early years section with children, I look after over 400 children a day!)
My parents pay over $1600 per month for my services and are very choosy about who works for me. I have tried to have more male workers in the past but it creates a whole pile of problems for me even though the ones I have had have been very good at their jobs. No male has ever lasted more than one year with me.
so if the authorities ever had me up on being sexist I would be in big trouble, however in the UK the people in charge are not that concerned with filling quotas but they are concerned with teaching diversity to the children.
We have to celebrate the festivals of Christians, Jews, Hinduism Sihk and various African and Asians cultures.
You may have seen another post from me explaining that in a couple of years I will be retiring from the UK and I will be moving to the States, remind me not to open a business over there, it sounds like to many rules and regs.
Old March 24th, 2015, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by LoganMiller68
I'll throw in my 2cents. I'm 25 and work my *** off. What I have found among people my age and younger it's 100% the fault of the parents. Lazy/self-righteous/ignorant people raising children who are the same.
Thats so true. I'm 48 and I work a minimum of 65 hours a week and have done since I was 18. That's why I can retire at 50. Seen too many 65 year olds retire then die, I intend to enjoy myself, drive too fast and spend all my kids inheritance.
Old March 24th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Senior Moment Member

Hell yeah. I'm a part timer at 52. That ain't a bad thing.
Old March 25th, 2015, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by costpenn
That is the point I was trying to make in my post above. WE are the man, and our children are a direct reflection of what we as a whole teach and permit.

A couple of years ago, I had one of those blinding flashes of the obvious that changed my perception and outlook on the subject, as well as reassessing how I manage my company. I walked into a McDonalds with my wife for lunch. It was off peak, and there was no other customers in line. We walk up to the register, and there were three obvious high school aged kids chatting and doing no work at all. We stood there for about a minute and half before one of the kids finally asked what we wanted. No greeting, no excuse me for the wait. I was about to go off and say something when it hit me - the restaurant manager (a middle aged guy) was standing behind the hamburger prep station the whole time we had been waiting with a clear view of what was going on, and had done nothing about it. Now, who's responsibility is it for this behavior? The 35 year old manager who's making 40K a year or the 17 year olds at minimum wage?
X100! The behavior of the younger people today is not instinctive but learned so it is all about how they were raised and what values were instilled in them. As a society it is the responsibility of parents to raise children to become productive members of society.

Brian