The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Pay desired.. What shall i ask for?

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2017, 03:00 AM

I would for sure call them and ask. I had a guy call me every to every other month for almost a year. There were a couple reasons I did not want to hire him. After a year of him calling I finally give in and gave him a shot. I figured if he wanted it that bad then I had better reconsider. turned out to be a great worker and still with us.
Old October 24th, 2017, 05:40 AM

Bummer.

I hope you find something else even better.
Old October 24th, 2017, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Did you try calling them?
i did not. They took down the hiring sign so i assumed. I really was looking forward to the experience though! Maybe something cooler might come along!
Old October 24th, 2017, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Olds64
Bummer.

I hope you find something else even better.
Hopefully! Maybe apprentice at a paint and body shop orrrr building engines. Haha something cool like that
Old October 24th, 2017, 06:35 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

There is a serious demand for body and paint guys. Our shop has been looking for over a year and all we get is either really old guys that are slow or young guys who think they know it all and screw up a lot. You can learn if you get your self into the right body shop. I learned working in the trade worked my way up. No college debt , and I made money while I learned.
Old October 24th, 2017, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
There is a serious demand for body and paint guys. Our shop has been looking for over a year and all we get is either really old guys that are slow or young guys who think they know it all and screw up a lot. You can learn if you get your self into the right body shop. I learned working in the trade worked my way up. No college debt , and I made money while I learned.
Just in a corporate meeting about this very subject. It is getting harder and harder to get people interested in service and repair work. I very much agree with you. I went to work and got an education on the job. I was not collage material and still can not spell without spell checker. I am now in management with 15 people doing a service that is the biggest of its kind in the world.

Hang in there WB, You will find something. If you like working with tools and fixing things then look for a Thermo King near you? Most of them are hiring for some position or another. Very challenging work starting out because there is so much to learn but it has an incredible future and no higher education required generally.