The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

OCA Members...

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Oldsdruid

John- Steve Moskowitz, I and others have hounded the PTB to at least give the various Olds discussion forums some ink in the magazine. It falls on deaf ears.

I do not know what their phobia of them is. I got tired of beating my head against the wall.

I could not even tell you who the current OCA Webmaster is, but agreed- it's past time to turn loose of some money and upgrade that website, and hire a professional webmaster if needed.
Old October 13th, 2012, 01:50 PM

O.C.A. members...

Do you all know the Editor was overnight ed his contract on Sept. 6th ( by his request)after threatening not to do the Oct J.W.O. And has still not signed it. And is now has told the B.O.D. He will take it upon him self to censor the presidents message?? Maybe he doesn't want the job that bad.
Old October 13th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Oldsdruid

No matter who has the editor job, it still goes back to the officers and board who delayed getting the thing signed. It should have been in the editor's hands and signed within a month after the National Meet. It wasn't. And that is absolutely unacceptable.

Unless things have changed in the past couple of weeks there are other paid positions within OCA who have not received their contracts. Also unacceptable.
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by M22Muncie
Do you all know the Editor was overnight ed his contract on Sept. 6th ( by his request)after threatening not to do the Oct J.W.O. And has still not signed it. And is now has told the B.O.D. He will take it upon him self to censor the presidents message?? Maybe he doesn't want the job that bad.
No, I did not know this. Nor do I know that you, for a fact, do know it.

If it is true, per chance the editor simply got tired of all the game playing going on at/with the OCA?

I know I am tired of hearing about it!

In the words of the late Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?" I guess as far as it relates to the OCA, the answer is no?
Old October 14th, 2012, 03:07 PM

Exclamation

All this in-fighting will be the downfall of the OCA!
Old October 14th, 2012, 05:53 PM

Here is what happened. The legal advisor forgot to renew his OCA membership and three officers, all from Texas (two BOD, and the Treasurer) delayed his reinstatement as legal advisor (other BOD members voted for immediate reinstatement after the dues were paid) and thus delayed the legal review of the draft contract, until the legal advisor was finally re-instated in late August. Next time for the members to vote, they should remember who is causing in-fighting!
Old October 15th, 2012, 11:40 AM

With what seems like everyone pointing the finger at everyone else, I have no idea "who is causing the infighting." Nor shall I ask, as everyone will just say it is the other guy, not me.

What I do know is that if these kinds of problems existed under the previous regime, it was kept in-house, not made the subject of a veritable underground campaign by individuals who fee free to gossip and criticize, but remain loathe to identify themselves.

Anonymity does NOT build credibility in my eye/book.