The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Wit all do respect Blue,

My grand pappy used to say, "If'in ya marry a rich girl...............ya gotta werk 24 hours a day................cause she might fire ya."

I'm just a love machine.

Tiger's wife fired him and she's doing okay?
Old February 12th, 2011, 04:40 PM

she's doing better then ok bet those monthly payments not counting the settlement would set up me Jamsbo, Blue, wolfie, and a bunch of others just fine for the rest of our lives
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

I like my little Tin Can, lol!! It runs nice and rides nice and is very easy on gas... gerbils are very cheap ya know! I'll be complaining when those "low tire pressure" sensors come on like Wolfie's, though. Larry rode in it last night for the first time.

We had sun and it got up to 38 degrees today! Heat wave!!! I enjoyed it, I'll tell ya.

I took the Intrigue to the car wash this afternoon and got that damned salt off of her. She liked it!! Feels better now. Looks better too. Cleaned out the inside. The drivers side floor mat wore through in a couple places, so the carpet was soaked under it. I wiped it up and set a little electric heater in there for 3 hours and got it dried up. I'm gonna go get another cheap set of mats tomorrow to hopefully last out the winter. It was nice to get out and work on the car! I miss it, lol!

Went and got my eyes checked this morning, and am getting a new pair of glasses. He said my distance vision got better, but close up got worse. Cost me $369 for glasses - and that's with $138 off for AARP discount!! Now I remember why I put it off! Made me think of the Colonel, and his eye surgery that didn't work too well.

I'm still depressed and I miss him dammit! I've read over some of the old threads and smiled and cried some more. It still seems unreal. I sure hope Jesse holds up ok. I know he worried about her and this could cause a set back for her after all the progressing she's done. I also hope his son gets a good price and buyer for The Handsomest One. The Colonel was proud of that car! Wish I could buy it, lol.

Jamesbo... I made the baked tater soup today! It was really good. It had a different taste to it. Don't know if it was the hot sauce or what, but it was good. Had some ham salad sandwiches with it.

Citcapp.... That was a great joke!!!! Thanks.... I needed to laugh!!! And it was true too, lol!

Well, I'll talk to ya later!

Last edited by cutlassgal; February 12th, 2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old February 13th, 2011, 05:34 AM

Mawn'in

Had a bagle w/ Vegemite dis mawn'in. I enjoy a wee bit.

I really enjoyed "The Handsome one's Big day out" thread. It brougt back some great memories.

Sandy,

I can't beleive you eat "Ham Salad"............ eeeech.

It's one of the few [very few] thinngs I don't care fer.

Where has Olds64 [Jessee] been and where in the world is Jeffery
Old February 13th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Captain of my ship

Sunny here and still cool at -5C but it is going above 0 most of next week. Maybe we will have spring after all. We really need to start now to melt some of the snow slowly and not all at once.
I had ham salad once and I can say that that is all I will have it. I will stick to chicken or tuna for sandwiches. My back is slightly better but only walking straight or sitting straight. Bending over and trying to straighten back up is near impossible and very painful so I gotta push myself back up. Twisting one way or another is not good either so Going to be careful for awhile. Seeing the Doc tomorrow night and I will mention it to him.
I need to take the carb off the car and take it to the fellow who rebuilt it for me. I dont have a lot of faith that the spring is on correctly so I want to let him check it for sure. It came off once after it was rebuilt and cost me a lot of money in towing and a new fuel pump then an electric pump and finally taking the top of the carb off to find the problem. Maybe he will just come over to where the car is and work on it.
Old February 13th, 2011, 06:16 AM

If the weather is bad where you are you might want to take a Sunday drive with me.
B
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P85It_qw_WU

Old February 13th, 2011, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal

Went and got my eyes checked this morning, and am getting a new pair of glasses. He said my distance vision got better, but close up got worse. Cost me $369 for glasses - and that's with $138 off for AARP discount!! Now I remember why I put it off! Made me think of the Colonel, and his eye surgery that didn't work too well.
When you need glasses check out this web site. www.zennioptical.com. The wife wears glasses, gets her eyes checked and a prescription then orders hers at Zenni. Along with the prescription you need the measurement of the distance between your eyes.
Old February 13th, 2011, 08:46 AM

Good morning guys and Sandy

Blue sky for a while. Think I'll chase ball around the golf course this morning.

Made pressure cooker stew last night, Only takes about twenty min. to make turned out great, just used cubed up ribeye, 3-medium sized carrots, 3- medium Yukon golden potatoes, 1-medium sized onion, all cubed to a size you like

Use a small pressure cooker. I have a ten quart,
put on medium high heat with 2-tablespoons oil, brown the meat with salt and pepper to taste.

add 2-cups beef stock and all of the veggies again salt to taste. put the pressure cooker lid on and when the steam starts to come out of the relief valve turn down to medium low heat so the steam is slowly escaping cook for 15 min. and your done. Great quick meal. Going to have it for lunch today
Old February 13th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rdrokit
If the weather is bad where you are you might want to take a Sunday drive with me.
B

Too cool! I love the sound of Hendrix's Voodoo Child and watching Thailand cruising videos in the morning.
The second song sounds like one from the Need for Speed video game? My favorite one is Fever for the Flava (clean version) by Hot Action Cop, I do my best virtual driving when it's on.
If I play the song when I'm driving my GTO we can get dangerous real fast, almost on the same accelerator mashing level as Born To be Wild or Highway Star.

Last edited by Bluevista; February 13th, 2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old February 13th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon All!

Sunny and in the 40's here today!! It's a lovely thing. Ice is melting - where the sun is hitting it. I just went out and filled the bird feeders and tried to shovel some ice/snow off the deck. Forget it. No sun back there, and the icicles are dripping onto the deck and there's a thick layer of ice I can't break through. So I guess it will be there awhile, lol. Ain't gonna have a heart attack over it!! It's just nice to enjoy the sun in front of the house.

Jamesbo.... I like ham salad once in a while. Don't eat it often. Mostly eat tuna or egg salad. An egg salad sandwich on toast sounds really good..... Maybe I'll make some.

I have to save room in the fridge for the Edible Arrangement I'm picking up after work tomorrow for Valentines Day. God I can't wait to eat that fresh fruit, lol! They are very expensive, but worth it to me this time of year. I miss fruit! I ordered a big arrangement, lol.

The stuff in the stores now isn't worth buying. The tomatoes don't even taste like tomatoes. No flavor. When I'm in Giant Eagle, and I get to the tomatoes, I always pick up the ones "on the vine" and smell them! I love the smell of the vine, lol. Makes me think of summer. We're supposed to get to 52 degrees by next Friday, but then 30's again. One day closer to spring........

Well I'm going to go make a spice cake and get my hair washed while it's baking. I'm not doing much today.

I was wondering about Jesse a few weeks ago? Haven't heard from him for a while. Or Jeffrey either? Hope all are ok!

Talk to ya later! Have a good afternoon!
Old February 13th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Cutlass Lover

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ight=prettiest

Here's another fun thread from the Colonel! When he first got his car......

Hey, I did it, lol!
Old February 13th, 2011, 02:03 PM

Afternoon All!

Sunny and in the 40's here today!! It's a lovely thing. Ice is melting - where the sun is hitting it. I just went out and filled the bird feeders and tried to shovel some ice/snow off the deck. Forget it. No sun back there, and the icicles are dripping onto the deck and there's a thick layer of ice I can't break through. So I guess it will be there awhile, lol. Ain't gonna have a heart attack over it!! It's just nice to enjoy the sun in front of the house.

Jamesbo.... I like ham salad once in a while. Don't eat it often. Mostly eat tuna or egg salad. An egg salad sandwich on toast sounds really good..... Maybe I'll make some.

I have to save room in the fridge for the Edible Arrangement I'm picking up after work tomorrow for Valentines Day. God I can't wait to eat that fresh fruit, lol! They are very expensive, but worth it to me this time of year. I miss fruit! I ordered a big arrangement, lol.

The stuff in the stores now isn't worth buying. The tomatoes don't even taste like tomatoes. No flavor. When I'm in Giant Eagle, and I get to the tomatoes, I always pick up the ones "on the vine" and smell them! I love the smell of the vine, lol. Makes me think of summer. We're supposed to get to 52 degrees by next Friday, but then 30's again. One day closer to spring........

Well I'm going to go make a spice cake and get my hair washed while it's baking. I'm not doing much today.

I was wondering about Jesse a few weeks ago? Haven't heard from him for a while. Or Jeffrey either? Hope all are ok!

Talk to ya later! Have a good afternoon!

And where's Don Haven't seen anything posted by him for a while.
Old February 13th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Registered

Do you mean Jefferyalman?

If it is he just sold his wagon on evilbay, did pretty good, it was sitting there with bids and somebody did the buy it know, he seems happy.
He's been over on the stationwagonforums.com site lately.
He said somebody named Rob bought it, you wouldn't think it's our Rob would you?
I could always ask him.
Rob has been looking for a nice wagon???
He could drag Lady around like a caveman with that thing.

Last edited by Bluevista; February 13th, 2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:59 PM

Bluevista, glad you enjoyed the video. Someone sent me this joke so I thought I would share it with everyone here.

A group of male lawyers lived and died for their Saturday morning round of golf. One transferred to another city. It wasn't the same without him..

A new woman lawyer joined their law firm. She overheard the guys talking about their golf round. She said, "You know, I used to play on my golf team in college and I was pretty good would you mind if I joined you next week?"

The three guys looked at each other. Not one of them wanted to say 'yes', but she had them on the spot. Finally, one man said it would be okay, but they would be starting early -- at 6:30 am.

He figured the early tee-time would discourage her. The woman said this may be a problem, and asked if she could be up to 15 minutes late. They rolled their eyes, but said okay. She smiled and said, "Good, I'll be there at 6:30 or 6:45."

She showed up at 6:30 sharp, and beat all three of them with an
eye-opening 2-under par round. She was fun and pleasant person, and the guys were impressed. Back at the clubhouse, they congratulated her and invited her back the next week. She smiled, and said, "I'll be there at 6:30 or 6:45."

The next week she again showed up at 6:30 sharp. Only this time, she played left-handed. The three lawyers were incredulous as she still beat them with an even par round, despite playing with her off-hand. They were totally amazed, but wondered if she was trying to make them look bad by beating them left-handed.

They couldn't figure her out. She was again very pleasant and didn't seem to be purposely showing them up they invited her back again, but each man harbored a burning desire to beat her game.

The third week, the guys had their game faces on. But this time, she was 15 minutes late, which made the guys irritable. This week the lady lawyer played right-handed, and narrowly beat all three of them.

The men mused that her late arrival was due to petty gamesmanship on her part. However, she was so gracious and so complimentary of their strong play, they couldn't hold a grudge.

Back in the clubhouse, all three guys were shaking their heads. This woman was a riddle no one could figure out. They had a couple of beers, and finally, one of the men asked her point blank, "How do you decide if you're going to golf right-handed or left-handed?"

The lady blushed, and grinned... "That's easy," she said. "When my Dad taught me to play golf, I learned I was ambidextrous. I like to switch back and forth.

When I got married in college, I discovered my husband always sleeps in the nude. From then on, I developed a silly habit. Right before I left in the morning for golf practice, I would pull the covers off him. If his you-know-what was pointing to the right, I golfed right-handed; if it was pointed to the left, I golfed left-handed.

The guys on the team thought this was hysterical. Astonished at this bizarre information, one of the guys shot back, "But what if it's pointing straight up in the
air?"

She said, "Then, I'm fifteen minutes late!
Old February 14th, 2011, 04:23 AM

She said, "Then, I'm fifteen minutes late!
Including the shower????

Good one RdokitDat's de funniest Thai golf joke I've ever heard [and the only Thai golf joke]

Mawn'in all,

First nice Monday we're had in a l-o-n-g time. At day break it's 45 and it's spose to hit in de low 60's today.

Gotta go smacky whitey round.

I love Chicken salad and the way to make it really good is to add plenty of sweet pickle relish jucies along wit de sweet relish.

Fer ya'll who like chicken salad wit a little kick. Try using Wickle Pickles [Sorry Blue I know ya hate all pickles]

http://www.simsfoods.com/products/pickles

Ya'll have a good day
Old February 14th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

Now that's funny right there, lol!!!

Morning All! Happy Valentine's Day to ya!

42 degrees and cloudy and windy. Supposed to get down to 18 tonight, but warm up tomorrow. Maybe some snow/rain mix for us today. I know the ice is really slick out here in the parking lot now that the snow is melted from on top of it! The ice is very thick out here because it doesn't get sun. I'm going to dump some salt out by my car.

The guys are all back today. I enjoyed Friday, being in here by myself. It was nice! Not real busy. It's quiet in here today. I brought leftover baked tater soup for lunch, and a roll. Have to go down to Walgreens at lunch and get grumpyass a card. Get the fruit arrangement after work..... yummmmmm.....

I'm glad Jeffrey sold his car - if it was his car - I hope that helps him some. I know he's going through a rough time...

Well have a good day all!
Old February 14th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Registered

Happy St. Valentines Day!
Do you have to go to church?

It's nice outside.
The snow is melting and revealing all the gifts that have been left by my dogs and the various and sundry woodland creatures over the winter so far.
My backyard looks like a cake with vanilla frosting and chocolate sprinkles on top, ain't Mother Nature nature beautiful?

Here's the flying pig Valentine's Day card I got Laura, they didn't have any flying monkey cards.

Attachment 183992

A poke joke!

Now I have to go head over to the big drive-thru candy store on the west side to get some of their dee-licious chocolate covered bacon to go along with the card.
Hey Sandy, Malley's has chocolate covered pickles too, I bet ya' ol' grumpyass picklepuss would like those.
Does Teepo gets a card and gift too?
I bet she's getting mighty jealous of your new acquisition, The Pertiest One and The Intrguing One will join forces and gang up on her now, poor little thing.
You should of gotten a Jeep instead of that Ravenous4, then you could of called her Jeepo or The Homeliest One.
Old February 14th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Cutlass Lover

You just make me laugh, lol!!! A chocolate covered pickle, lol!!!! I saw them advertising the Malley's drive thru on the news last night. I hope you got my sista some beautiful flowers. Or just a nice card. I didn't get anything as of this morning -not even a happy valentine's day. I think he liked me better last year, lol! Wonder if Malley's have chocolate covered cactus.....

No, Teepo didn't get anything. She'll be getting a trip to Don in the spring, so she has to wait. She doesn't know about the Tiniest One yet, so don't be tellin her!! Jeepo or the Homliest One mmm....mmm...mmm...

Here ya go.... what about these, lol!

Last edited by cutlassgal; February 14th, 2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old February 14th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Registered

Chocolate covered cactus?!
Larry probably wouldn't even notice.

How about a chocolate covered deep fried gerbil?
You could use the Tiniest One's spare.

Do you call the Tiniest one Tino?

Teepo and Tino, sounds like an act you would of seen on the Ed Sullivan show.
I miss watching Senor Wenceslas and Topo Gigio on Sunday evenings.

Is the I in Tino long or short?

I'm sorry, that may be above your head.
Does Tino rhyme with Dyno, like Dyno Shore the singer, or Dino like the pet dinosaur on the Flintstones or the taller Italian guy singer in the Rat Pack?
And it's not Sammy Davis Jr..
Old February 14th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Cutlass Lover

You're above my head, lol! God you're confusing sometimes!

No, I don't call The Tiniest One tino..... I call it my tin can, lol! I swear it's made out of tin. But I like it.....
Old February 14th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Registered

You're above my head, lol! God you're confusing sometimes!

No, I don't call The Tiniest One tino..... I call it my tin can, lol! I swear it's made out of tin. But I like it.....
That really is above your head isn't it?
Confusing?, Redgoat understands me perfectly?

If you look at the Teeniest One's body panels from the inside they probably still have the lithogrphed sardine can labeling like the old Japanese tin friction cars had when I ripped them apart to see what I could see when I was kid.

Tincanio?
Old February 14th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Cutlass Lover

Oh God...... How much chocolate have you had today???
Old February 14th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Registered

Oh God...... How much chocolate have you had today???
I'v been trying to lose some weight so I haven't had any.
Redgoat's sitting there on the couch in front of the TV watching one of the Jerry Springer videos from his collection with chocolate all over his face and hands grinning at me though?

I have to go look.....

I knew it!
The #@%$!&* ate all the chocolate covered bacon I got for Laura!!!

I told him I'd go to the chocolate covered bacon contest tonight with him, forget it now.

For Valentines Day the local roller skating rink hires this female pig and put roller skates on the porker then covers the sow with chocolate sauce.
Then they release the curly tailed beast out on to the rink. If you catch the swine you win the grand prize, a lifetime supply of chocolate covered bacon. Not hard to catch her, Rosie O'Donnel just stops and sits down and starts licking all the chocolate off herself every year.
Human beings can't reach some of those places.
Old February 14th, 2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bluevista
That really is above your head isn't it?
Confusing?, Redgoat understands me perfectly?

If you look at the Teeniest One's body panels from the inside they probably still have the lithogrphed sardine can labeling like the old Japanese tin friction cars had when I ripped them apart to see what I could see when I was kid.

Tincanio?

I remember those toys. There worth a lot of money to collectors. That means that Tincanio might actually worth something some day if Sandy keeps it like 60 years or so
Old February 14th, 2011, 07:26 PM

B
Nice video for a bad weather day.

It was raining when I left this morning with a temperature above 0C and it was snowing this evening on the way home with a temperature of about -5 and it was really windy as well. Tomorrow is supposed to be about -20C and then warm up all week to about 10C on Friday. Maybe cruising season isn't that far away. Well, I can dream, right?
Old February 14th, 2011, 07:42 PM

Cold front went through last night as this morning for boot camp it was cloudy and 19C(65F). High today will only be 28C(82F). Was a perfect morning for boot camp. Still have the original 6 guys. We are up to a mile walk with a half mile at a brisk walk pace. We do stretching before and 2 sets of 15 jumping jacks when we finish our walk. Hope to get them up to a mile power walk by the end of next week then build up to 2 miles. The goal is to power walk for one half hour which should be about 3 miles.
Have a great day,
B
Old February 15th, 2011, 04:33 AM

Mawn'in all

Another beautiful day in de neighborhood. Spose to hit the low 60's again today.

Pat,

Nice day for golf yesterday. A little breezie 44/43 and sum how got a blister on the ball of my foot.

For those of ya'll who like Formula 1 [back in de ole days when Enzo was still vertical and Ferrari's had gear boxes insted of computers] Here's a cooooooooooooool Shell commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=1_kwxzU4wL4&vq=medium

Old February 15th, 2011, 05:15 AM

Jamsbo,
Excellent commercial. Would have loved to be the driver. Will have to stop at a Shell station tomorrow to get some gas.
Old February 15th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Bright sunshine out here, but 18 degrees. Lots of ice where piles of snow started melting yesterday and ran out into the roads and parking lots and froze overnight! Thin stuff you can't hardly see. Tricky in places. Going up in the 30's today, and warmer tomorrow. Whatever.

Tincanio..... that makes me laugh!

May have to see if Don will take it back.... don't know how long I can stand living like I am.... can't pay rent and a car payment with everything else. Just don't make enough money. I'm tryin to hang in, but it's hard......

Nicole is back to job hunting. Her assignment ended last week at the printing place.

Brian here is sick again..... coughing and blowing his nose. I have never in my life seen anyone get as sick as he and his family do! Never!!! I swear he's going to become immune to antibiotics pretty soon. Their immune systems must not be strong at all. I told him to take Vitamin C - it's good stuff! I don't know. I'll be spraying the Lysol at lunch time again. I'm getting tired of smelling it, lol! It will be nice if it ever gets warm enough to open the door and let some fresh air in this little space we have. Get rid of this stagnent germ filled recycled air in here. Yuck.....

Well have a good day all!
Old February 15th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Captain of my ship

Glad everyone is enjoying better weather , well mostly anyway. Today we are having blowing snow and temps. about -8. Of course the wind chill makes it feel cold. Supposed to go in and get an x-ray sometime today , the back is slightly better as the pain is down to a dull roar. just as long as I don't do anything and keep heat to it. Though if we get much snow I might have to plow Thursday and Friday are supposed to be above 0 so with any luck spring is not far away. Maybe see if I can shake this black cloud that's over my head.
Old February 15th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Cutlass Lover

Oh it's just lovely here today! Went out at lunch and walked in the sun and breathed in the fresh air!! Had to watch for the very thin ice that just looks wet, though. Almost fell a couple times, lol! It was nice to walk without having my scarf up over my face to protect it from the cold wind, lol! The birds were singing..... just nice out there. The piles of snow are melting, and the drains sound like rushing rivers with all the snow melt going into them.

Will have to watch the flower beds once the snow melts.... the damned deer are waiting for their spring salads. There's a group of 5 of them in the neighborhood. I've seen them all winter in various yards, and pawing through the snow under my bird feeders several nights to get what seed they can find.
Old February 15th, 2011, 05:45 PM

Jamsbo,

Must be nice to get outside again and hit whitey around. Supposed to cool down around here by Thursday with chances of snow. Go figure February and now their talking snow. I won't complain though all you people that have been hammered by snow would laugh at me. We will most likely get just a dusting as usual.
Old February 16th, 2011, 04:52 AM

Ralph [The wonder dog ] left us yesterday afternoon. The medication just didn't work. The vet suspect it was cancer but wasn't not sure.

The last thing I said to him was,

"I'll see you at Rainbow Bridge."

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Old February 16th, 2011, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Ralph [The wonder dog ] left us yesterday afternoon. The medication just didn't work. The vet suspect it was cancer but wasn't not sure.

The last thing I said to him was,

"I'll see you at Rainbow Bridge."

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Sorry to hear you lost you furry friend. Not having the happy greeting when your not feeling quite right and touching that wet nose is going to be hard for a while. They bless our lives, they really do.

Pat
Old February 16th, 2011, 06:04 AM

Jamesbo,
I am really sorry to hear your friend has passed on. They do become part of the family. The hardest thing I ever had to do was put my girl to sleep after 16 years with us. It was almost 10 years ago and I still miss her to this day and get teary eyed when I think about her.
B
Old February 16th, 2011, 06:06 AM

Thats really sad news Jamesbo. I know you will miss him dearly but if he no longer suffers,then he is in a better place.
Old February 16th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Captain of my ship

Sorry to hear about your trusty friend jamesbo. I lost my rescued greyhound 'Rusty' about 3 years ago now and still cannot think about replacing him. He was indeed a great friend and faithfully stayed by my side always. Only my work separated us. Most of all I miss our warm summer nights laying in the grass looking up at the stars.
It's a nice blue sky today , something we have not had very much. -10 to start the day but going up to -4 with very little wind. The weekend is supposed to bring rain so I better have all the snow where I want it cause it will be a sheet of ice when the cold comes back early next week.
Old February 16th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Cutlass Lover

Oh Jamesbo..... I'm so sorry about Ralph! That just hurts my heart. I've had to have cats put to sleep before, and it hurts sooooo bad. That is a very beautiful story you posted. I like it.

Enough death around here..... I hope it's not coming in 3's like they say. My heart can't take a whole lot more, lol. It is very heavy.

Aren't those pictures of the Colonel and his life just great??? God I wish he was here so I could tease him about all that hair he had, lol! We'd really have fun with that! I'm sure he's around though and watching! I really miss him.

It's cloudy and gray here, but in the 30's. Going up to 50 today, and 55 tomorrow, I think they said.

I wish they'd come in the parking lot with the front loaders and get this humungous pile of snow out of here. It melts and water runs out from underneath, right over to where we park, then freezes at night so it's nothing but a thick layer of ice out here. When I fall, the landlord - who is in Florida - is not gonna be happy, believe me!!! Brian just went out and put some more salt on it. The warm temps and rain will help, at least until it gets in the 30's again this weekend.

Well some GOOD news for a change....... I got a pay increase! I am very very happy!! I don't know why I got it, no one said anything to me, but I'll take it, lol! I was surprised when I called Bank by phone yesterday, and my deposit was much more than it should have been! My pay stub said "your rate has been changed from such and such to such and such.." I am happy! Won't have to worry as much now about making the car payment. Nice to have something good happen!

Have a good day all!
Old February 16th, 2011, 07:34 AM

Glad to hear about the good news cutlassgal. You deserve it. You can enjoy driving Tincanio even more now.

Sorry to hear about your friend Jamesbo.

Warmer weather here today. I have to study for a midterm on Friday and I have a presentation to do tonite.
Old February 16th, 2011, 07:40 AM

Good news

Hey all,
Long time reader first time poster in this or the old good morning thread. Sandy you asked for good news, well how does this sound? My wife and I found out a couple weeks ago that we are expecting a little bundle of joy due to arrive near the end of September this year. Hopefully this brightens what has been a sad couple of days here. I never knew Col. Wickham or even joked with him, but his humor always brought a smile to my face. After re-reading some of his old posts I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Anyway hope you enjoy the good news.
Jon