The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Need help with interior wind lance

Search this Thread

Old July 16th, 2021, 10:37 AM
OMC

Need help with interior wind lance

The interior forum not accepting post. Thought try here for direction or help. My 69 old cutlass did not come with the rear quarter door wind lane it was removed so I’m not for sure how the new ones connect to the flange on the rear inside panel. Here is what it looks like. If anyone can help or point me in the right direction would be great. Or just a short video or photo of how the connect behind the panel.Sorry about the photo

Wind lance open

69 olds cutlass convertible Rear quarter without panel.

With panel

Wind lance
Old July 16th, 2021, 07:11 PM

I went through the same issue a while back. I have attached a link to a great pic of how it is suppose to go. Do you have the wood backer to staple it to? The sheet metal has a gap bent in it toward the top for the lace to go through. It's a good time to look at weather stripping. The cheaper sets do not fit into the pinch weld correctly. I assumed PUI would be good but I regret buying them. They were under a $100,

Steve
Old July 16th, 2021, 07:14 PM

OOPS, I forgot the link. https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...orrect-145527/

Steve
Old July 17th, 2021, 04:21 PM
OMC

Originally Posted by Phoenix8990
Thanks Steve,
where did you get that diagram? No I don’t, the wood you are referring to. What you see in the photo is what I have. Is there anymore detail as to where the would goes?
Old July 18th, 2021, 05:51 AM

Here is a better link showing how it goes. https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...r-seal-143955/

The diagram is from the Fisher manual, and the small wood strip is to staple the backer edge to. If you don't have one you can probably work without it.
Here's another diagram.

Usually can be found on Ebay
Old July 18th, 2021, 07:42 AM
OMC

Here is a better link showing how it goes. https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...r-seal-143955/

The diagram is from the Fisher manual, and the small wood strip is to staple the backer edge to. If you don't have one you can probably work without it.
Here's another diagram.

Usually can be found on Ebay
Thanks you have been a great help! Yes this photo clears up a lot. I found the book on line I’m going to order it. What is that peace at the very bottom it looks like it supports the wind lance as it curves underneath the door plate. That I don’t have. Maybe I could track it down if I hand the name. Never mind I see what it’s called. Thanks again!😃

Last edited by OMC; July 18th, 2021 at 07:55 AM.
Old July 18th, 2021, 08:48 AM

The Chassis Service Manual is a must if you don't have one but the Fisher Body will answer many things that aren't covered in the CSM.
Glad to help, I had the same question at one time and had trouble getting answers.

Steve
Old July 18th, 2021, 02:03 PM
OMC

The Chassis Service Manual is a must if you don't have one but the Fisher Body will answer many things that aren't covered in the CSM.
Glad to help, I had the same question at one time and had trouble getting answers.

Steve
Yes, I’m going to order that as well. That’s a sweet ride you have in the photo. The piece at the bottom I was asking about to you have that on your car and is it plastic or what? I found it as part of the wind lance wasn’t sure what it was it was attached to to the wind lance look like cardboard. Added some photos of my project.