The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Interesting Honda comerical

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2015 | 06:59 PM

Interesting Honda comerical

Thought some would find this interesting or at least novel... Tedd...https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...4n0UT82o?rel=0
Old June 6th, 2015 | 01:25 AM

Geez Tedd; Now you've done it! I gotta get one of those nuts!
Old June 6th, 2015 | 11:45 AM

Their cars are overpriced and way overrated
Old June 6th, 2015 | 03:00 PM

Ever notice how they never trash another auto maker?
Old June 6th, 2015 | 03:19 PM
1967 442

Originally Posted by Stevec
Ever notice how they never trash another auto maker?
Honda san's philosophy. Let the product speak for itself. I work at the Alabama plant that produces the Honda Pilot, Odyssey and Acura MDX. I hear a lot of people talk about my Pilot and I need to be driving American made. Hmmm. These products are designed in Ohio and built in the USA. There are less imported parts in these cars than comparable big 3 cars. Cannot get more American than that.

By the way, my Pilot has just over 250k miles on it. Change the oil every 10k miles. Never had a problem. The only major work was the scheduled timing belt and water pump replacement. Original plugs and coil packs. Not over priced one bit.
Old June 6th, 2015 | 03:25 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

That's some pretty impressive animation there.

- Eric
Old June 6th, 2015 | 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by jeffsims
Honda san's philosophy. Let the product speak for itself. I work at the Alabama plant that produces the Honda Pilot, Odyssey and Acura MDX. I hear a lot of people talk about my Pilot and I need to be driving American made. Hmmm. These products are designed in Ohio and built in the USA. There are less imported parts in these cars than comparable big 3 cars. Cannot get more American than that.

By the way, my Pilot has just over 250k miles on it. Change the oil every 10k miles. Never had a problem. The only major work was the scheduled timing belt and water pump replacement. Original plugs and coil packs. Not over priced one bit.
The profits don't stay in America; very important point.
Old June 6th, 2015 | 04:28 PM
1967 442

Originally Posted by Ctls442
The profits don't stay in America; very important point.
Hmm. If I were you I would do a tad bit more research on that because you are just a little wrong. You could also buy some of their stock on the NYSE to get their full reports. Now at I say that, I am wrong. You can download their full report w/o buying any stock. You will find them as HMC.

"The revenue generated by American Honda Motor Company's U.S. operations stays with their U.S.-based subsidiaries and is pumped back into operations, capital improvements and employment growth. One reason is that there are tremendous Japanese tax and currency exchange savings to be had doing it that way, versus sending the money back to Japan and then having to pull funding from Japan to finance U.S. operations."

Yea, yea, I know profits are basically revenue less expenses. Honda's profits are shared with all U.S. employees through pretty nice bonuses. Then you have to worry about the stockholders. Like all stock, they can be owned by just about anyone in the world who is willing to invest.

At the end of the day, the company pays U.S. taxes on all profits made in the U.S. They employee thousands of U.S. workers, who by the way pays U.S. taxes with the money Honda pays us. Honda pumps million's into its U.S. factories and employees each year. Who gives a crap what other profits remain that goes back to Japan?

Now let's get back to Oldsmobile talk.
Old June 6th, 2015 | 04:51 PM

Hmm. If I were you I would do a tad bit more research on that because you are just a little wrong. You could also buy some of their stock on the NYSE to get their full reports. Now at I say that, I am wrong. You can download their full report w/o buying any stock. You will find them as HMC.

"The revenue generated by American Honda Motor Company's U.S. operations stays with their U.S.-based subsidiaries and is pumped back into operations, capital improvements and employment growth. One reason is that there are tremendous Japanese tax and currency exchange savings to be had doing it that way, versus sending the money back to Japan and then having to pull funding from Japan to finance U.S. operations."

Yea, yea, I know profits are basically revenue less expenses. Honda's profits are shared with all U.S. employees through pretty nice bonuses. Then you have to worry about the stockholders. Like all stock, they can be owned by just about anyone in the world who is willing to invest.

At the end of the day, the company pays U.S. taxes on all profits made in the U.S. They employee thousands of U.S. workers, who by the way pays U.S. taxes with the money Honda pays us. Honda pumps million's into its U.S. factories and employees each year. Who gives a crap what other profits remain that goes back to Japan?

Now let's get back to Oldsmobile talk.
That's part of a business expense plan to keep the company operating, and profitable.

"Who gives a crap what other profits remain that goes back to Japan?"
Answer: Americans who care about what's good for their country, long term.

Last edited by Ctls442; June 7th, 2015 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old June 6th, 2015 | 06:35 PM
same but different

Hmm..I like that link. All other comments aside.

It reminds of forward thinking.

Back when there was a space race.

People dreamed of a new world and all its expectations.

We walked on the the Moon. Flying cars were our future.

We could do anything.

Ok, so it didn't happen.

No reason to give up yet.

Its a team effort.

Its going to take the whole globe, if this is going to happen.

We only have one earth.

Dream.

Forget about borders and lines on a map.
Old June 6th, 2015 | 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Redog
Their cars are overpriced and way overrated
How so?
Old June 6th, 2015 | 07:34 PM

That's part of a business expense plan to keep the company operating, and profitable.

Answer: Every American who thinks long term, and cares about having a job.
I care about having a job. I hired into Toyota in 06. I still have a job. Remember what happened in 08? Think I still would have a job working for any of the Big 3? Maybe.

Sure, in a perfect world, I'd be on the Corvette design team with immense job security, fat bonuses, and thin secretaries, but you have to pay the bills, so you go with whoever's hiring and whoever's got the best product and best business model. That being said, I'll buy the best car, independent of for whom I work. I always look at multiple makes.

My current driver, 07 Tacoma cheap-optioned, finally had a problem at 160k with the front bearing beginning to fail. The seals are not the best design on those, and I think I hit too many puddles driving in some bad storms. Supposedly that 4 banger starts to burn oil at 325k via valve guide seals, I hope to be good till then. My other two cars, both old GM, are a lot more fun, but have more issues, being at least 43 years old each.
Old June 6th, 2015 | 07:40 PM

Neat ad, too
Old June 6th, 2015 | 07:44 PM
Administrator

Look, all corporate politics and band standing aside, you have to admit its a creative ad.
Old June 6th, 2015 | 07:56 PM
same but different

Great advertisement.

It got us to think, didn't it?

Yea, about thin secretaries, STOP.

And the future.

Its all good..right?
Old June 7th, 2015 | 04:41 AM

Jeff, I've been a Honda technician for 10 years and while they do have there share of issues overall it's a great product with good resale value. My 18 year old drives a 2001 tl with 220.000 miles and it still runs and drives excellent. In 14 years that we owned this car all I ever did to it was a 2 timing belts, brakes,tires and all 4 wheel bearings.

My son gets his liscence this September and I have a feeling it will be him who kills this car. He already talks about how he wants a dura max diesel pick up truck with a 3" lift! 16 year old who's looking at $40.000 trucks! I told him, "GOOD LUCK WITH THAT"
Old June 7th, 2015 | 05:19 AM
1967 442

Answer: Every American who thinks long term, and cares about having a job.
The 2008 recession, when GM and Chrysler were laying off thousands to avoid profit loss, Honda was emptying its bank accounts to keeps its U.S. workers employed. In the history of Honda, they have never laid off a single employee.

Koda responded with something similar in regards to Toyota.

GM and Chrysler borrowed billions from the tax payers and still laid off thousands. Wow! American companies laying off Americans, while the "foreign" companies are doing everything they can to keep Americans at work.
Old June 7th, 2015 | 06:32 AM
morgan

I was waiting to see an inverter generator form out of that nut....they are the best made in the world
Old June 7th, 2015 | 07:11 AM
Administrator

Ive been involved in the car industry for a great many years, in the sales end. Predominantly used cars. I've seen them all! To be honest, this is the first time in history that overall most all manufacturers build good cars. Most will do 250k miles with a gas engine and 500k with a diesel. They all have their quirks and issues, but again they are all pretty reliable with a whole lot less maintenance required than our 40+ year old relics.
Old June 7th, 2015 | 07:22 AM

The 2008 recession, when GM and Chrysler were laying off thousands to avoid profit loss, Honda was emptying its bank accounts to keeps its U.S. workers employed. In the history of Honda, they have never laid off a single employee.

Koda responded with something similar in regards to Toyota.

GM and Chrysler borrowed billions from the tax payers and still laid off thousands. Wow! American companies laying off Americans, while the "foreign" companies are doing everything they can to keep Americans at work.

My "Answer" was poorly worded, has been clarified for correct meaning. Has more to do with long term thinking.