The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Fortunate

Search this Thread

Old July 12th, 2021, 11:18 AM
'70 4-Speed W Machine

Fortunate

We're fortunate in that the rains have been timely and consistent this spring and summer in the Southeast; others have not been so fortunate. The garden vegetables and fruits are beginning to come in. Well, the apples need a little more time on the tree, that is, if I can keep Bambi and her friends at bay!

Old July 12th, 2021, 11:37 AM

https://southernhospitalityblog.com/...ash-casserole/

Above is a wonderful squash casserole recipe
Old July 12th, 2021, 12:54 PM
'70 4-Speed W Machine

LOL, it's already made! I put it away (freezer) until I can get a few family members together.
Old July 12th, 2021, 01:50 PM
Oldsdruid

Looks like it's time for some fried green 'maters! 😋

There's a burger joint and bar here that has fried green tomatoes as a burger topping in season. Trouble is since the guvnah let the bars reopen you can't get in the place for the beer snob hipsters. They stay in there for hours- some from 5pm opening till midnite closing every damn day, comparing and critiquing beer after beer among themselves.

Take yer man bun and yer tats and buy yerself a case of PBR at the Food Lion. Ain't that supposed to be the hipster beer of choice?🤨

Some squash fried up nice and brown with onions sounds awful good too. Waiting on some decent cucumbers to show up at the farmers market since it's been dry here up till last two weeks.

Cucumbers sliced thin in cider or wine vinegar with some spring onions and fresh ground black pepper, and a cold cut sammitch, is as fine a summer lunch as I know of. I got the lunch meat and the Merita bread. Waiting for the veg to show up!🙂

Bambi. Umph. They got the blackberries and now they're wearing out my crabapple. I had some hip problems and couldn't walk down to the blackberry vines, and the deer scalped them. Branch heads...🤬

Last edited by rocketraider; July 12th, 2021 at 01:58 PM.
Old July 12th, 2021, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by rocketraider
Looks like it's time for some fried green 'maters! 😋

There's a burger joint and bar here that has fried green tomatoes as a burger topping in season. Trouble is since the guvnah let the bars reopen you can't get in the place for the beer snob hipsters. They stay in there for hours- some from 5pm opening till midnite closing every damn day, comparing and critiquing beer after beer among themselves.

Take yer man bun and yer tats and buy yerself a case of PBR at the Food Lion. Ain't that supposed to be the hipster beer of choice?🤨

Some squash fried up nice and brown with onions sounds awful good too. Waiting on some decent cucumbers to show up at the farmers market since it's been dry here up till last two weeks.

Cucumbers sliced thin in cider or wine vinegar with some spring onions and fresh ground black pepper, and a cold cut sammitch, is as fine a summer lunch as I know of. I got the lunch meat and the Merita bread. Waiting for the veg to show up!🙂

Bambi. Umph. They got the blackberries and now they're wearing out my crabapple. I had some hip problems and couldn't walk down to the blackberry vines, and the deer scalped them. Branch heads...🤬
You need a tracked drone with a couple M1A barreled actions bolted to it for the deer.