The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

When it rains it pours !!

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2021, 07:17 PM

When it rains it pours !!

When it rains it pours !! I have heard that all my life and on more than one occasion it has applied in the Solly family
The end of last month it was the A/C heat pump had to have the whole unit replaced (rooftop unit requires crane ) ouch !!
then beginning of this month my under counter water filter system sprung a leak cobbled it to last a few days but replaced it Wednesday,
Thursday the T.V. in our bedroom gave up the ghost replaced it today, Today my wife was doing laundry and the wash machine started screaming on the spin cycle, I'm sure a bearing is going out . Oy Vey !! what next ?
Thank God My Jeep has a great extended warranty !!
Old July 11th, 2021, 07:31 PM
Banned

Sure can feel that way no doubt. Oh well all that is behind you now.
Old July 12th, 2021, 02:39 AM
Lansing built

Solly I feel you! Sounds like last year for me! Just add 150% to your issues and you will be even with what I had.

Pat
Old July 12th, 2021, 07:10 AM
Oldsdruid

There is no doubt in my mind my stuff is trying to bankrupt me. Last year was one of the worst I ever had. I hope none of my stuff gets ideas about this year.
Old July 12th, 2021, 07:49 AM

I am told, that my trails and tribulations are, First World Problems. Never the less, I do feel for you.
Old July 12th, 2021, 10:37 AM
Banned

Don't matter where you live. Life can be a bitch. Last 18 months I lost my job of seven years (covid thank you). Lost my Aunt. Lost her daughter my cousin three weeks later. My Dad's wife passed last Weds. Just gotta keep pedaling.
Old July 12th, 2021, 04:17 PM

,Yup all may things were material things easily replaced, I'm just going to have to cut back for a while, Double cheese burgers, cheese puffs.
and Mountain Dew, life is hard !!!
Old July 12th, 2021, 08:39 PM

And if you are a true old school guy, when the motor gives out on the washer, replace it, as far as the AC unit most of us can't repair them. I have replaced nearly every part on my wifes dryer. She refuses to get one of the new electronic controlled dryers, if they go bad it is usually many $$ for repair.
Old July 12th, 2021, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by edzolz
And if you are a true old school guy, when the motor gives out on the washer, replace it, as far as the AC unit most of us can't repair them. I have replaced nearly every part on my wifes dryer. She refuses to get one of the new electronic controlled dryers, if they go bad it is usually many $$ for repair.
I have replaced both pumps in the wash machine because of leaks and I replaced the control board in the dryer, the pumps were fairly easy,
the dryer started flashing a code just like the ck eng. light on a car, once I figured out what the code was for on the dryer I removed the control board and when I saw the big burn mark on the printed circuit board that pretty much confirmed it I was able to order the part on amazon and repair the dryer. When ever I fix anything around the house, fix the car, repair plumbing, make a electrical repair or build something I always walk past the wife smile and say hey I hear your having a affair with the mechanic, plumber, electrician and carpenter and appliance repair man !!! it's always good for a smile and a kiss. I probably will wind up going the motor route.
Old July 13th, 2021, 06:27 AM
Jeff

Originally Posted by solly
I have replaced both pumps in the wash machine because of leaks and I replaced the control board in the dryer, the pumps were fairly easy,
the dryer started flashing a code just like the ck eng. light on a car, once I figured out what the code was for on the dryer I removed the control board and when I saw the big burn mark on the printed circuit board that pretty much confirmed it I was able to order the part on amazon and repair the dryer. When ever I fix anything around the house, fix the car, repair plumbing, make a electrical repair or build something I always walk past the wife smile and say hey I hear your having a affair with the mechanic, plumber, electrician and carpenter and appliance repair man !!! it's always good for a smile and a kiss. I probably will wind up going the motor route.
Sometimes, that burn mark on the PCB is a popped solder joint. I have re-soldered my dryer PCB a couple of times to extend the life, ultimately I did need to replace it. I also learned the first time the dryer went down, don't delay in jumping on it and determining the issue right away. Parts WILL need to be ordered, and with a couple of teenagers in my house, dirty laundry piles up fast. Amazon has been very good to me for washer/dryer parts. The worst part is actually having to lay on the floor to replace many of the components.
Old July 13th, 2021, 09:44 AM

This sounds so familiar.

Usually, whenever there is a unusual failure or crisis around our house, i can pretty much count on multiple problems. Kinda like the “celebrity deaths always happen in 3s”. Anytime there is a major appliance failure, car problem, or other household catastrophe, I mentally brace myself for the next one. I can usually expect at least 2 more in the near future.

While I take no pleasure in the dispare of anyone else, I do take a little comfort knowing I’m not the only one who suffers from compounding crisis.