The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

CWS Blues

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2011, 08:43 AM
My co-pilot for 30 years

CWS Blues

Morning all,
Heart-ache here in Omaha. The California team was literally knocked out last night. Omaha has been known to attach themselves to the underdogs and this year was no exception. Lots of sorrow here... I'm sure it doesn't matter that I was hatched in Riverside. A lot of concern over the flooding here and not everyone knows that the field of play itself is 5' BELOW flood stage. Our city engineers (customers of mine) have been scrambling to keep all under control that can be kept under control. Hats off to them, the news you see only tells 60% of the REAL story. Sunny and 80 today w/ a reprieve from our customary humidity. Top is down on the Supreme, can't wait til 5. Have a great weekend. Mike
Old June 24th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Oldsdruid

You know, there's not much that will make me pull for UVa (Vajenya Tech thru and thru here), but watching them play CWS ball did make me respect them a little more.

Been watching some American Legion baseball here this week, high school and college age players who are still playing for love of the game, and if a scout sees them, mo' better. There's a new youth series started up around here this year, Cal Ripken ball. We'd always had Dixie Leagues up till this year.