The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Covid 19 vaccine

Search this Thread

Old March 2nd, 2022, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by tri-carb
the aarp ranks allegation that the covid 19 vaccines were developed too quickly to be trusted as the # 1 internet myth. https://www.aarp.org/health/drugs-su...e&gclsrc=aw.ds

society is lucky that these internet fed conspiracies were not around for the polio virus epidemic. Otherwise, a lot of us would have lived the rest of our lives in iron lungs. Fortunately, back then we had president eisenhower around to direct that we rely upon medical science and get the polio vaccinations.

Ted—i had covid early before a vaccine was available. I feel lucky to have survived the experience of drowning and fighting for very breath.
Old March 2nd, 2022, 09:19 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Great comments about the polio vaccine Ralph. I went to school with kids that had had polio and remember the vaccine vividly. It was initially a series of three shots. I was about 7 or 8 years old and hated shots. What a great development.
Old March 2nd, 2022, 09:28 AM

Tri-carb explained it about as well as anyone could, my hat is off to him. I had a distant relative in an "iron lung".
Old March 3rd, 2022, 04:27 AM

Based on data from 14 U.S. jurisdictions. | Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Old March 3rd, 2022, 05:00 AM

I'll feel better 10 years from now when all the data is analyzed and we better understand the pros and cons of getting a COVID vaccine. Right now I don't think anyone has gotten their arms around all of the possible side effects.

Personally, I have mixed feelings. I'm a very healthy, albeit slightly overweight, 58 year old. After my second Moderna shot last May I developed "tennis elbow" within two days in my left arm (I'm left handed). The pain continues to this day although it's much better now. I've got slightly elevated blood pressure and I've been on medicine for it for about 10 years. My cholesterol has always been high but my HDL is very high therefore my doctor agreed with my desire to not be on a Statin. Turns out that probably wasn't a good decision. Last May, a month after my second Moderna dose, I had a heart attack. 100% blocked in my LAD Artery. Statistics say it's 60% fatal. Fortunately my 3 mile walk a day and relatively healthy eating must have been good for something because, after two stents and an overnight hospital stay, I have no ill effects. My cardiologist says my heart attack likely had no connection to the vaccine. That all being said, there certainly have been reports of heart problems associated with Moderna and Pfizer. I was also very sick for 2 days after my second Moderna (before the heart attack). After all of this I still chose to get boosted, but with Pfizer, this past fall. I've talked to four people that have had identical "tennis elbow" symptoms from Moderna (including my cardiologist). Everyone will say this is anecdotal evidence, and I agree it is, but normally when we make a decision to receive a vaccination, or flu shot, or accept anything into our bodies, we do so knowing the risks. I don't believe we know the risks associated with this vaccine even now, a year later.

Last edited by allyolds68; March 3rd, 2022 at 05:41 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2022, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by allyolds68
I don't believe we knows the risks associated with this vaccine even now, a year later.
x2

I'm glad you survived that heart attack Mike.

I was concerned about the blood clot/stroke reports associated with the various COVID vaccines because I'm on coumadin. I had a bilateral pulmonary embolism years ago. It was difficult getting good information, but after my vascular medicine doctor reassured me the clotting reports were a different kind of clot than I suffered I begrudgingly got the vaccine.