The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Cheap trick contract

Search this Thread

Old December 29th, 2023, 07:26 AM

Cheap trick contract

Took this pic of a contract that was in Teds office at Teds Warehouse,a local live entertainment/bar.9 pm to 1 am for $300.Lots of memories there,as I worked in a bodyshop directly across the street when I was a teen.Ted would let us underage partiers inside knowing that we would continue to be regulars once we reached drinking age,and we did continue to flock there for live rock years after until Ted passed away.It was a regular stop for the upcoming bands from the Central IL area, as Head East and REO Speedwagon and hundreds of bands local to the area played Teds.There is an interesting documentary that was done on the joint by EIU (Eastern Illinois University),that can be seen on youtube by typing in 'Remembering Teds Warehouse'.Check it out for any musicians on here..

Last edited by rectifier; December 29th, 2023 at 07:34 AM.
Old December 29th, 2023, 10:29 AM

Fun fact:

Growing up, we lived in a house for a short time that had a massive back room. As a 6-7 year old..I had no clue what it was for. Come to find out..it was Rick Neilson's parents' house when he was in school. The back room was added on so he and his band could practice after school. No joke, it seemed like that back room was almost the same size as the entire rest of the house. It seemingly had outlets every foot, all around the room. I'd kill for that now in my music room..I've got like 3 outlets in the entire room and waaayy too much stuff to plug in safely at one time..ha!
Old December 29th, 2023, 12:26 PM

That is a cool fun fact.They have been my favorite band since then.I do not know how to make the image so it is easier to read (larger) or I would do so.Perhaps a moderator (?) could could do so and add that 'Remembering Teds Warehouse' youtube link. Idiot me and computer,as I have never had a cell phone either.
Old December 29th, 2023, 12:32 PM

Is this the video you were thinking of?

I don't know how to improve the quality of the picture you posted. It would probably take some pretty exotic photo editing software. Try reloading a larger image.
Old December 29th, 2023, 01:30 PM

Yes it is.Thanks.I tried a flash this time,but could not make it bigger.