The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Toronto Area Meet-ups

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2023, 09:31 AM

Toronto Area Meet-ups

Anyone know of any Toronto Area meet-ups or shows?
Old November 14th, 2023, 10:49 AM

There aren't any chapters of the Oldsmobile Club of America in Canada. There are several non-affiliated Oldsmobile clubs spread across Canada, one in BC, one in Alberta, and one in Ontario. The Oldsmobile Club of Ontario's website is https://oldsclubontario.ca/

The Events page of this website shows a number of shows that were held around Ontario this past year. No events are shown yet for 2024.

Toronto is not that far from Buffalo, where the Western New York Chapter of the OCA is headquartered. They usually have an annual all-Oldsmobile show, although I didn't see one listed for this year in the chapter events listing of JWO. The contact email for that chapter if you want to try to get hold of them is oldsclub@rocketmail.com

Everything is over for the 2023 season in the northern climes, so anything in the northern half of the continent won't be happening until next spring.

Old November 14th, 2023, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by jaunty75
There aren't any chapters of the Oldsmobile Club of America in Canada. There are several non-affiliated Oldsmobile clubs spread across Canada, one in BC, one in Alberta, and one in Ontario. The Oldsmobile Club of Ontario's website is https://oldsclubontario.ca/

The Events page of this website shows a number of shows that were held around Ontario this past year. No events are shown yet for 2024.

Toronto is not that far from Buffalo, where the Western New York Chapter of the OCA is headquartered. They usually have an annual all-Oldsmobile show, although I didn't see one listed for this year in the chapter events listing of JWO. The contact email for that chapter if you want to try to get hold of them is oldsclub@rocketmail.com

Everything is over for the 2023 season in the northern climes, so anything in the northern half of the continent won't be happening until next spring.
Thanks for all of this! The winter break will give me a chance to do some detailing to get her ready for the spring meets.
Old November 15th, 2023, 06:40 AM

Realize that all of my suggestions were for Oldsmobile-specific events. I'm sure there are local cruise-ins and car shows in your area, Toronto being the big city that it is. To find these, you need to hook up with some local car clubs, which I'm guessing there are some in your area.

I find that, if you attend one car show with your car, it starts a cascading series of shows because people holding other shows at later dates walk through the show car area and throw show flyers on the front seat. I've often come back to my car and found a half-dozen or more of these. Go to any of those shows, and you'll get another half-dozen, and then another half-dozen at the next show. It's like a self-sustaining nuclear reaction. After two or three shows, you'll have enough events to choose from that your summer cruising season calendar is suddenly full.