Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1984 Hurst Olds For Sale

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2018, 04:25 PM

1984 Hurst Olds For Sale

Here is a beautiful fully documented 1984 Hurst Olds W40 Calais Hardtop. It is 1 of 226 built for and sold brand new in Canada back in 1984. This car comes fully documented by GM of Canada with a letter of authority showing the full build sheet options, W40 option and even the original selling dealer (I even have the original dealer trunk decal in the glove box).The previous owner who is a friend of mine owned this car since 1989. Due to a stereo theft / break and enter he had to have it repainted back in the early 1990's. The paint is older but it still looks really nice for a cruiser car. Fortunately he purchased the original GM decal kit and had it professionally installed after the repaint. Back then the car was done in Acrylic Paint and it looks quite decent but it is by no means a “show car”. Current condition of the body shows no sign of rot or rust issues but it does have some battle scars. Due to a garage light fixture that fell on the car during storage there is now some minor damage to the hood (located pass side front corner). It did scratch the paint down to primer and left a small dent in one spot. I think somebody with some talent could do something to make it less noticeable or you could consider painting the whole hood if it bothers you. As with any older paint job there are typical chips here and there and it does have some light scratches here and there. The paint still has great shine to it!Before its recent road revival out of storage it was last plated and on the road in 1995! I made sure I took a picture of the plate showing the last plate sticker issued on the car when I picked it up this past summer. In 2017 some work was done by the previous owner in attempt to get it back up and running which included a full fluid R&R along with a Brand new radiator, Brand new gas tank and sending unit, Brand new AC Delco battery and 4 Brand new BFG tires.This past summer I finally was able to bring the car back to life cosmetically with a bunch of detailing work. All the rims were stripped of their clear coat and repainted / re-striped. I also worked on freshening up the trunk compartment, engine bay and interior.Original interior is in great shape and all stock appearing. Dash has a small crack on the pass side (see pic) but the rest of the pad is very nice for its age. The tach and gauges work. The reclining Calais seats are in good overall condition. They do have a couple of very small burn marks on the front buckets and some typical wear on the driver’s side of seat by the outside edge.The car is optioned with A/C but currently has no belt on the compressor so I am assuming it may need some new parts to get the AC going again. The floors are solid including the trunk floor. The trunk floor did have a couple of minor patches up where the floor meets the wheel well. You can see these in the pictures it is nothing major. Factory original spare tire is still BRAND NEW and was never installed!This car even retains the factory original OEM exhaust! Speedo reads in KMS (being a Canadian car) and it reads 35750 (this is actually 135,750 kms which is ~ 84K miles).This is a very nice documented H/O that was preserved for many years in the dry garage and would make a great toy for somebody to enjoy for years to come at an affordable price!Please PM if you would like to discuss further the car or have specific questions. I am only a 1 hour drive from Buffalo NY and about 4 hour drive from the Detroit Border located near Hamilton Ontario Canada. It is easy to come with trailer pick up car and bring into back across the border into the US. If you are serious about this Hurst Olds for sale feel free to message me and we can talk more. I will be happy to assist with additional pictures and info as requested.

$12,950 USD

See 120+ pictures via flickr link below:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/159696904@N06/U27A38

Price Reduction $11,900 USD OBO

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_4012.JPG (3.41 MB, 31 views)

Last edited by dz442; October 16th, 2018 at 04:17 PM.
Old October 16th, 2018, 04:15 PM

Ttt

New Asking Price $11,900 USD obo
Old October 16th, 2018, 05:41 PM
72 Olds CS

Great car i would love to own it

GLWS
Old October 26th, 2018, 09:59 AM

Lower Asking Price $11,500 USD OBO 84K Mile Real Hurst Olds!

Price Bump
Old October 26th, 2018, 06:07 PM

Great car! GLWS