70 cutty front disc brakes in the rear?

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Easy Does It!

70 cutty front disc brakes in the rear?

Hey fellas, I was thinking on getting a big brake setup to replace the stock disc setup on my supremo, now I have drum brakes in the back so I was woundering if its possible to install my stock front disc setup in the rear? So if its its possible what would I need to do or modify?
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Kidcutty
Hey fellas, I was thinking on getting a big brake setup to replace the stock disc setup on my supremo, now I have drum brakes in the back so I was woundering if its possible to install my stock front disc setup in the rear? So if its its possible what would I need to do or modify?
Well, considering the front rotors are integral disk and hub, it's going to be tough to install those on the rear. A far better choice is to find the rotors, calipers, and brackets from an F-body. These have the E-brake feature built into the caliper. The brackets should bolt to the axle ends, possibly with some redrilling of holes. You may need to have a spacer ring machined to center the rotor on the axle pilot. Of course you'll need a different master cylinder and adjustable proportioning valve.