Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

Install of convertible header panel vinyl

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2015, 07:47 AM

Install of convertible header panel vinyl

As my build is coming to an end its all the little things left. I noticed that the shop pulled off the the old vinyl (i assume) from the car. I see that its now metal and painted the color of the car in that location. So I ordered the replacement vinyl for it but its not in any pre cut design its just a roll of vinyl that is large enough to fit after some basic cuts.

My question is what do I use to install this? Weatherstrip adhesive? Are there some special instructions? I added a pic from OPGI site so folks know what exactly I'm speaking about.

Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
CH27567-lrg.jpg (21.5 KB, 51 views)
Old May 1st, 2015, 08:58 AM

I'm doing the same thing and I was going to use 3M Super 77 Multipurpose Spray Adhesive for the job. A bit worried about bleed through so I was going to test before doing it.
Old May 1st, 2015, 09:02 AM

You're in Mokena I'm right down the street in Matteson. Hope to see you around the area. Never thought about the spray adhesive thats probably a good method as well. I have about another week before she is home and I'll do it then. So if you do it before would like to know how it turned out.

Originally Posted by dalilama
I'm doing the same thing and I was going to use 3M Super 77 Multipurpose Spray Adhesive for the job. A bit worried about bleed through so I was going to test before doing it.
Old May 1st, 2015, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by leroycjr
You're in Mokena I'm right down the street in Matteson. Hope to see you around the area. Never thought about the spray adhesive thats probably a good method as well. I have about another week before she is home and I'll do it then. So if you do it before would like to know how it turned out.
Cool - we are pretty close! My dash is out and I'm painting it this weekend, and I've got my interior restoration kicked off, so it may be while before I'm mobile. PM me when you have got her back - I'm going from a saddle interior to a white one and I could probably pick up a few tips since your interior color scheme is where I'm headed.

Here's a few pix
Attached Images
IMG_1491.jpg (77.6 KB, 46 views)
IMG_1492.jpg (56.5 KB, 48 views)