Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

Accident. Big dent.

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2020, 05:18 PM

Accident. Big dent.

Accident. Big dent.

​​​​​​Hi guys.
Well, i accidentally hit the corner of a concrete wall while backing down the car off a trailer. Long story.
So how far this hit is bad? I may buy another trunk and a new bumper if it's not repairable. The dent is about 4 inches in the bumper and affected the metal behind the fuel lid cover (which have to be changed). So is it repairable? The trunk lid, fuel cover lid and the bumper could be found. All what I am worried about is the rear lights housing and the metal work. Could that be repairable and especially the damaged metal? How could it be done professionally and on a scale of 1 to 10, how hard could it be?
And if anyone have the parts i need:
- trunk lid
- rear bumper
- reverse lights housing set
please let me know. I may not buy them immediately, but will soon when I'll start working on the car.
Thank you guys.

Last edited by Bassemaa93; March 28th, 2020 at 05:25 PM.
Old March 29th, 2020, 08:04 AM

I think the bumper is toast the trunk is repairable but it maybe cheaper time wise to buy a replacement, the backup lights should be at a local pick and pull or someone here. The area around the backup lights looks bent up also from this angle maybe able to get a jack behind it and get most of that out, hard to tell with out pictures from all sides and underneath.
For a good body man it's about a 3 for me it would be about a 9 and I would ship it out to be repaired... Tedd