69 442 door molding plastic clips

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2024, 04:30 PM

69 442 door molding plastic clips

Does anyone know which plastic clips the outside stainless door and 1/4 moldings take?
It is the molding at the top of the door that butts up to the fender and 1/4 molding.
I can not find a part number in the manuals. I have got several from different place and none seem to fit right.
1 of them dose attach the molding ok, but it has play. It does not pull up tight to the body.
Is it 1 in this picture?
Thanks for any help
Tom
Old June 7th, 2024, 10:50 AM

You didn't say whether your car's a hard top or convertible. The quarter parts will be different. It's impossible to tell you from that picture which part is correct. Your best bet is to stick to a Fusick catalog which will show you pictures of the clips and label which is which. Be aware there are small phillips head screws at each end also, not just the clips.
Your best bet is to re-use the originals, if you have them. I would consider the aftermarket clips only if I had no other choice. The door clips aren't too bad but the quarters can be a real PITA, especially if it's a convertible. If that's the case, I recommend you search the forum for other posts on the convertible quarter clips. They're quite unique.
Old June 7th, 2024, 11:12 AM

It is not a convertible. I got the screws for the ends. I tried the clips from fusick #81301 and they did not fit. I believe they are the ones that fit in the molding but did not pull it tight to the car.
I think all the moldings are original due to the different color paint under them
Old June 7th, 2024, 11:26 AM

I didn't mean the original molding pieces, I meant the original clips. You'll have to try variations of the ones you received and/or get a little creative with modifying them for better fitment. This is a fairly common complaint.