Realoldspower.com

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2010, 12:35 PM

Realoldspower.com

I 'had' a login there, but updated my account and have not been able to login since.

I emailed the site admin numerous times over the last few weeks and get no response.

Does anyone know how to contact someone there to reactivate my account?

TIA
Old June 24th, 2010, 01:03 PM

I've heard it is very difficult to contact ROP administrators. They have a huge site and it must be hard to manage. Hopefully someone here has some more info for you.
Old June 24th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Registered

Maybe there should be a forum exclusively dedicated to ROP registration and site administrator contact problems here??
Old June 24th, 2010, 07:18 PM

That is a never-ending problem with ROP....no solution other than to retry periodically. The site is free, no paid ads, etc so they give it limited attention.

I think they may periodically take time to check and see who is trying to register but there's no fixed schedule..pretty random.

The list is very long of people trying to get registered on there.
Old June 24th, 2010, 07:35 PM

I tried for months to get registered on ROP.com...I finally just gave up. I sometimes still go there to see whats up, but it seems to me the forum has a lot of so called "know-it-all's" that love to get into arguments with each other and put other people down. I don't need the aggravation so I said the heck with it.
Old June 25th, 2010, 02:26 AM

i registered a month ago or longer and still nothing. i found something i had that someone had posted in the parts wanted section but never was able to tell them.
Old June 25th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rcdynamic88
I tried for months to get registered on ROP.com...I finally just gave up. I sometimes still go there to see whats up, but it seems to me the forum has a lot of so called "know-it-all's" that love to get into arguments with each other and put other people down. I don't need the aggravation so I said the heck with it.
Even worse is that they just ignore you unless your in their clique or look down their noses and flame you, like the smarta$$ smarmy punks who knew more than the teacher in high school. I went to the Olds Powered Nationals a few years back and the ROP regulars looked at me like I had the plague, not very friendly unless you were in the fold.
I'll sell my ROP name and password to the highest bidder?
This place is blowing all the other Olds sites out of the water now anyway IMO.
It's gettin' better all the time.
Old June 25th, 2010, 05:53 AM

What can we say? We're awsome!
Old June 25th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Originally Posted by Bluevista
Even worse is that they just ignore you unless your in their clique or look down their noses and flame you, like the smarta$$ smarmy punks who knew more than the teacher in high school. I went to the Olds Powered Nationals a few years back and the ROP regulars looked at me like I had the plague, not very friendly unless you were in the fold.
I'll sell my ROP name and password to the highest bidder?
Amen brother. That really is a click over there. I go there once in a while for the entertainment. We have one member on here they really love over there. Sure they do.
Old June 25th, 2010, 07:38 AM

I go to ROP for information sometimes, very seldom post anything because of the flaming going on. But it is were I got the best information on cams and cam grinds. So it can serve a purpose.

I applied once and kept checking 3-4 months after I had applied I was approved. Not notice or anything. I was just able to log in.
Old June 25th, 2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by bluevista
even worse is that they just ignore you unless your in their clique or look down their noses and flame you, like the smarta$$ smarmy punks who knew more than the teacher in high school. I went to the olds powered nationals a few years back and the rop regulars looked at me like i had the plague, not very friendly unless you were in the fold.
I'll sell my rop name and password to the highest bidder?:d
this place is blowing all the other olds sites out of the water now anyway imo.
It's gettin' better all the time.:d
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:01 AM
One of None W-31

X3...the fools that run ROP promote the liberal crap that destroys our country and are known for "doctoring" conservative posts or deleting them altogether when a thread starts making the nutty views of the mods look bad. Who the hell would want to be in that clique? Won't even waste a second of my time there.
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:17 AM
71 cutlass convertible

It took 6 months for me to be registared. I look at it fairly often but hardly ever post. Mostly checking out what is for sale. If I have a question this is where I post.

Larry
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Past Administrator

Originally Posted by Bluevista
Maybe there should be a forum exclusively dedicated to ROP registration and site administrator contact problems here??
I don't feel like it would be prudent for us to do that. Our search function will reveal many posts reflecting this subject and I don't want to "officially" get involved in anyone else's site, especially if it involves service issues.
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Past Administrator

Originally Posted by 71 Cutlass
X3...the fools that run ROP promote the liberal crap that destroys our country and are known for "doctoring" conservative posts or deleting them altogether when a thread starts making the nutty views of the mods look bad. Who the hell would want to be in that clique? Won't even waste a second of my time there.
Possibly, but they allow much, much more discussion in the political realm than we do here. Almost all sites have the No Religion - No Politics rules but don't enforce them. We try to here.
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Texas Jim

I remember not too long ago, that two different "monitor guys" were around combining posts f/ whatever reason, they thought it needed to be done w/o saying a word to the person who did the posting. I said something about it, and got some stuff talked to me. How about those same "monitor guys" taking the time to get these guys registered who are having trouble. Seems that getting people registered would enhance the site much more than screwing w/ the already registered member's posts. Just a thought...
Old June 25th, 2010, 01:30 PM

Hum?

I guess I'm not alone with problems at that site. Didn't mean to get folks so fired up.

Yea, I noticed some major motorhead attitude over there too.

Last edited by turnpike_cruiser; June 25th, 2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old June 25th, 2010, 02:16 PM

just don`t ask how to change your spark plugs on" hardcore race /engine tech"

They seem ok to me --tehn I am never likely to see them at a meet of any sort

Bought a bit to stuff there too

mike
Old June 26th, 2010, 09:55 PM

i was registered super fast there but some of the people are not that nice, its more of a mine is better than yours attitude thats why i like it here every1 is nice!! dont get me wrong there is alot of usefull info but i didnt like the some of the comments ive seen
Old August 11th, 2010, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
Possibly, but they allow much, much more discussion in the political realm than we do here. Almost all sites have the No Religion - No Politics rules but don't enforce them. We try to here.
Political discussions are allowed there as long as they agree with the politics of the administrator.
Threads that are "distasteful" to the administrator "disappear".
Bleeding liberals are abundant there and are allowed to speak there minds.

However, it's hard to beat ROP for technical and racing information.
A lot knowledgeable restoration types there, too.
Old August 11th, 2010, 03:44 PM

i figure they must have ben watching my conservitive views and that is why they won't approve me there, lol. i never got any response after i registered so heck with it. i had something that was posted in the wanted section and was going to let them know but never got the chance
Old August 11th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Grown Azz Kid

I got an email from them for my registration on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 and my account is still not active

Guess I will stay in a committed relationship with CO. I kinda like you guys anyways lol
Old August 11th, 2010, 09:07 PM

It took me two years to get on the site finally earlier this year and I went on a couple of weeks ago and was not able to logon anymore...Not wasting my time with them...I will check it out from time to time to see whats new but thats about it
Old August 13th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 67442nut
Political discussions are allowed there as long as they agree with the politics of the administrator.
Threads that are "distasteful" to the administrator "disappear".
Bleeding liberals are abundant there and are allowed to speak there minds.
Ed,no need for the political BS on ROP now.

Bill Trovato started his own board,and we tear it up over there

we've got the conspiracy theory guys,too

come join the thunderdome

http://btrperformance.com/phpbb/index.php
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by 442scotty
It took me two years to get on the site finally earlier this year and I went on a couple of weeks ago and was not able to logon anymore...Not wasting my time with them...I will check it out from time to time to see whats new but thats about it
I have been a member for a couple of years. Haven't been on the site for a couple of months. Went there last night and my login and password no longer work. Guess I've have been kicked out
Old August 13th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Crazy Canuck

It took me months of hounding them before I finally got my sign-ins. Took me a couple of months more of being a pest to get it to work. Was it worth it? NO. I still go there once a month just so they don't shut me down.

I also belong to another Olds site but I can say that this is the best one out of them all. Nicest people and no flaming.

Wayne
Old August 13th, 2010, 05:35 PM
One of None W-31

Originally Posted by oldsca
It took me months of hounding them before I finally got my sign-ins. Took me a couple of months more of being a pest to get it to work. Was it worth it? NO.
I also belong to another Olds site but I can say that this is the best one out of them all. Nicest people and no flaming.Wayne

You got it, not worth it.
Old August 13th, 2010, 05:38 PM
71 cutlass convertible

I was kicked off too a couple of months ago. I still check it out every once and awhile but don't miss it. This site fits my needs better.
Larry
Old August 13th, 2010, 05:41 PM

Time to close this thread down guys