jones cams regrind question

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2021, 10:09 PM

jones cams regrind question

Hello everyone, ive been rebuilding a 455 using Marks recipe and advise. wanting to hit 450 hp stock heads, manifolds, and carb. my block work is done. Im needing to order my camshaft. Mark recommended something in the low 230s 112. Anyway i contacted a company called Jones cams and Mike Jones recommended i send him the original cam for a regrind. based on the fact i might not be able to get a core due to supply. My question is this: is this a good way to go. my original cam is the stock cam out of the 1970 toro
Thanks for your input
Old October 1st, 2021, 12:22 AM

Mark who ?
Old October 1st, 2021, 04:48 AM

I think that’s me.
Op- I can get flat tappet cores.
Old October 1st, 2021, 08:32 AM

Goodmorning, Yes it is. you have been very helpful in moving this engine build forward.Thank you for your time and advice. my questions werent answered directly but I can assume since you have access to cores that regrinding is ok or in the case of a new core maybe custom grind would be a better description. I would like to purchase a core from you if possible. let me know what you need from me. also your recommendation on who to use for grinding.
Thanks again
Old October 1st, 2021, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by arcticman
Goodmorning, Yes it is. you have been very helpful in moving this engine build forward.Thank you for your time and advice. my questions werent answered directly but I can assume since you have access to cores that regrinding is ok or in the case of a new core maybe custom grind would be a better description. I would like to purchase a core from you if possible. let me know what you need from me. also your recommendation on who to use for grinding.
Thanks again
Why don't you just contact Cutlassefi about the cam ? Why Jones Cams ? Why regrind a cam when you can get a new one ground ?