The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2017, 03:55 PM

Inline, Have you thought about how to cook poridge on the exhaust manifold
Old January 20th, 2017, 09:57 PM

Inline, I would say extra hoses and belts, make sure that you have a good radiator and brakes. Maybe spare bulbs for the brake and tail lights, and throw in an extra head light while you are at it. Do you carry a jack in case you do get a flat? I would get a bottle jack or a small floor jack instead of using the original bumper jack, which will mess up your bumper if you use it, and is not that stable on uneven surfaces.
Old January 20th, 2017, 11:41 PM

Good Morning to everyone. Saturday. Woah. Weekend again
Truth to be told, im eagerly waiting when i get back to work again. This is boring ****.

1969w3155 - Extra bulbs and fuses goes always with me.
And when the spring comes, im converting my sealed beams to ones which use replaceable H4 bulbs. They are quality units made to fit american cars, since, sealed beams are technically forbidden here. So they have a market here for them. Good luck trying to find sealed beam on Europe ( if any of you are interested, i can dig out the part number. Here i just walk to car-parts store and grab them to my hand, so no idea of part-number. Those are made By Hella, known brand at lightning industry).

For jack i carry my bumber jack. Used it once out of curiosity, and ill think im going to carry just it. Bottle jacks needs also even surface, and for floor jack i own only an "big" one lifting 6600lbs. Brakes were swapped prior to me purchasing it, and they are good as new, inspected them.

Good point about extra belts. Ill grab those. Hmm and waterhoses, ive already replaced half, might be good idea to replace whats left. Thanks for ideas.

Jamesbo - No I think ill buy what i need from petrol stations while going. Along with the petrol. 1200$ counted just for it... Better not to tell fiancee, even she loves my car, that might be too much for her
But have you done actual meal at asphalt-mass? Weve done, plenty of times. Must be healthy with all the fumes.

Last edited by Inline; January 20th, 2017 at 11:43 PM.
Old January 21st, 2017, 03:00 AM

Mawn'in

Headed norte shortly

Inline, I'm with the bottle or sizzor jack also.Definiity duck tape and WD-40. If it moves and it's not spose to use duck tape. If it's spose to move and doesn't use WD-40

I'm begining to understand why CO doesn't allow politics or religion. FB is going to implode with post "Not my president" and/or "Like if you love Budha" etc

GTG study more before I head out

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old January 21st, 2017, 04:29 AM

So, the first morning of a brave new world. Let's hope he surprises us all.

Had the photographer at my home today getting ready for the marketing of my house. Damn, she was a hottie!!

Inline. I'm so jealous of your trip, sounds fantastic. Have you worked a route yet? If you can take in Vienna and Budapest but avoid Albania. Incidentally Budapest has some great steam and saunas, you can get a rub down by a 150kg woman with muscles like Arnie.

Have a great weekend.
Old January 21st, 2017, 05:06 AM

Its kinda open still. Im either driving down at western route ( going down from Sweden) or eastern route, going down all the east block countries. It should take really closely same time to destination, but western route has few "if's", which are how i manage to get on boats, or other option is to drive through Denmark and use bridges to cross sea.

But i believe ill drive just eastern route both ways. "Vienna route" when going, and "Budapest route" when coming. 2 days down to Dubrovnik, and 3 days back up. Our earliest boat to Tallinna unloads at 07.00am, so i can drive down to Ostrava, Czech, for first night ( ~1350km / 850 miles) , and at other night im in Dubrovnik ( ~1250km / 780 miles). Totally doable. I like to drive to destination fast and not stop between.

Been both at Vienna and Budapest few times. Actually ive been at Croatia too. And parents have spent time at Albania, nothing bad on it either, despite what everyone says.

Last edited by Inline; January 21st, 2017 at 05:16 AM.
Old January 21st, 2017, 06:45 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Home from work early and since we were expecting storms I figured today I wouldn't mind sleeping part/most of the day. But here we have thunderstorms and there's no sleeping at all. So guess where I'm going.

Jamesbo do you have to go somewhere to take a test or is that online as well? How do they know it's you?

Better turn this thing off with all this lightning. Have a good day everyone.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 12:45 AM

Good Morning.

Sunday, snow is melting, and some light work. Sounds good.

Have a nice day everyone
Old January 22nd, 2017, 07:49 AM

Mawn'in

Maybe the rain has stopped for a while

Mike, You sign up and buy the courses on line then you take them They make you sign in and out with a pass word. They also MAKE you take a stupid survery after ever )&_*+)+__ course is completed which is a giant useless PITA

If I wasn't a gentleman, I could say sum really funny stuff about all the ladies I "knew" who marched and posted pics on FB ,

Back to the electroic books

Have a great day Olds friends
Old January 22nd, 2017, 08:10 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Finished the two W's already, Awful house and Walmart. Not as many irritating people at either today.

Jamesbo how many of these courses do you have to take? If you had more time, could you have gone to a classroom instead of this online business? At work we call them CBTs. Computer Based Training. And I agree, a giant PITA.

Rain has stopped here for now, and the lake is almost back to full pool The Lake's website says the level is supposed to be down until Feb 15, however I wonder if they've finished the work they needed to do and will now just let it be. I'm the only one working on my wall and I don't matter to them. I also heard from one of the Board members that they expected the lake to be down into March. Might have to convince them somehow that they need to accommodate me for once.

Guess it will be inside stuff today as well. Yesterday I shampooed some carpeting. If you are considering buying a Bissell Pro Heat Pet, or anything resembling it, save your money. This machine sucks, and I don't mean that in a good way. Well, it -might- work on carpet that isn't dirty.

Okay have a good Sunday everyone.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 10:14 AM
Captain Starfire

Jamesbo, send me the link & I'll take you up on your offer. Footings need to be poured by end of Feb. ;-)

Mike, whatever you buy, just promise me you won't make the mistake I (and you) have made in the past: pay more for it and have it be 100% driveable out the gate -- and for at least a few years w/ no major "downtime." I sure lived to regret the mistake I made in '14. But one day, it'll be on the road.

Went to Keith Young's (one of our favorite restaurants) w/ some old friends last nite -- in fact, Bill is the guy more or less responsible for "setting us up" some 26 yrs ago. The company was great; food was very good (a tad salty for some reason); and weather on the way home was miserable. The poor folks who are paralyzed by the rain were pulling onto the shoulder of I-12 in droves -- which IMHO made it even more dangerous. And I hate to offend anyone here, but you're NOT supposed to use your emergency flashers while driving your vehicle -- whether it's raining, fogging, blizzarding, or whatever. When you turn your flashers on, that's supposed to mean you're STOPPED. OK... rant over.

Now where was I? Oh, yeah; at least the storm didn't last all the way home. It rinsed off the Avalon pretty good, though.

Of course, the predictable folks at the Toyota dealership last week didn't surprise me by actually replacing all 4 rotors, as they said they'd do. Rather, they're continuing to exact their pound of flesh, and subjecting me to their Japanese water torture by only replacing the fronts. The vermin didn't even re-resurface the rear's. Whelpt, no big surprises, as I said. But it does feel much better with at least smooth front rotors. This female service advisor is fairly a joke; she offers no feedback on anything I say, and is totally focused on the "noise" part of the brake problem. After I repeat myself 3 times, I pretty much let her write whatever she wants to write on the ticket, and let the chips fall where they may. This is my payoff.

OK, time to gear up to see the Pack vs. the Dirty Birds. It's difficult to pull for anybody; sentimental fave for me is the Pack; but I guess I should be pulling for our NFC South "sister" team, the Dirty Birds -- plus our proximity (when in Hiawassee) to Hotlanta would indicate my being a Birds fan. But the bad blood b/w the Aint's and the Birds runs deep as a river, so t's a tough call...

Y'all have a great Sunday, Olds friends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 22nd, 2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 12:42 PM

Afternoon

Mike, I had to take 8 for 36 hours credit due at the end of the week. So john, tomorrow I'll be thru but if ya wants som help with the wall, I'd be glad to stuporvise

The trick to these stupid courses is to just run through them while the Super Model plays videos on her phone and the Falcons [hopefully] beat the cheese heads

De muti tasking is making me cross eyed
Old January 22nd, 2017, 05:17 PM

One happy lady here and a great weekend.A friend of mine called me yesterday he found me two cars I want in my collection.Told him I wanted a 1939 Mercury street rod and a custom Chevy or GMC truck.Found me a 1939 Mercury street rod done right with a 350 Chevy ram jet crate engine under the hood and a 1963 custom GMC truck with an LS2 engine under the hood he bid on.He buys and sells classic cars including vintage hot rods.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 10:15 PM

Good Morning.

Gah, was going to garage but just woke up to notice my fiancee "stole" my car. No garage day today, then.

Have a nice week everyone.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 10:16 PM

Jamesbo, Scot, Mike, did you miss the tornadoes? Looks like some heavy damage down that way.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 03:25 AM

Mawn'in

Yep, I'm fine and I'm pretty sure Mike's OK, They were closer to Scot [souther ] than us.

Might be a little too nasty to smack whitey today. Maybe I can finish up these courses and get back to having a life.

John, How "bout dem Coons, They looked better than I've ever seen them yesterday

Mike, I hope your weeks work on the sea wall didn't wash away. I was raining sideways up here.

Old January 23rd, 2017, 03:57 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Dan Jamesbo we didn't have a lot of rain yesterday, so we escaped the carnage. I hope Scot faired okay. Not sure where the tornadoes were but I heard 11 people were killed.

Didn't get a thing done yesterday. The lake isn't completely full but it is up against the wall. Doesn't look like I'll get any more done this time around.

Got a couple errands to run this morning then I don't know what. If the rain stays away then I might be able to do something over at the shop. At least get the car started and let it run a little bit.

Okay everyone have a good week starting out.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 08:14 AM

Well now I'm and expert on 2 of my all time favorite Real-estate subjects. The ADA and the EPA

Now all I have to figger out is why the bathroom doors in the middle of a golf course has Men and woman in braille, Must be the same reason that the drive up ATMs have it
Old January 23rd, 2017, 08:09 PM

Good Morning.

Jamesbo- Congratulations! Hard sitting at front of PC pays off?

Yea, garage day. Its month and 2 days since i last did something there. Yesterday got a flashback, and remembered to order correct speedo gears too for my trans
I hate when you dont have working speedo on a car.

Yesterday i was so bored, that i went and heated sauna. Nice 3 hours total used on it, and then it was almost sleeping time. Great plan.

But have a nice tuesday everyone.
Old January 24th, 2017, 04:52 AM

Mawn'in

A might cooler dis mawn'in

Ta daaaaaaaa Finished the B.S. real-estae Courses Guess I'm legal again

I saw on FB where Scott's favorite raceway was hit by tornado I can't remember how far that is from his house but I'm fairly certain he's OK

Now on to more important things. Where to have lunch?

Old January 24th, 2017, 05:03 AM

Just came from garage, spend good 8 hours there.

Was it a breeze to set-up new gears? Oh yeah. What a difference reading a clear pattern, versus pattern what my used ones produced. Got it done. Now im just waiting for pinion nut, quess did they have any at Finland, no. Therefore i ordered 2 of them 2 weeks ago, but apparently seller forgot to send them when i started to ask where are they.. Great
Old January 24th, 2017, 06:31 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Getting further and further behind even tho I've been limiting my social media time. Sure would be nice if I could find someone who has good mechanical ability and was eager to come to work.

Have a Tuesday
Old January 24th, 2017, 06:33 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik mernin', all...

Congrats, Jamesbo, even though now I won't get my footings poured any time soon. Yeah, dem 'coons looked pretty swoof on Sunday. Brady and his defense will have a full plate dealing wit dem. Too bad we have to suffer thru ProBowl weekend first.

Goodell motto: "If the fan's don't want to see it, make them watch it anyway, since it makes me richer."

Clint, good help isn't hard to find nowadays, it's more like impossible.

Y'all have a great day of Tyr, Old buddies.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 24th, 2017 at 06:36 AM.
Old January 24th, 2017, 10:14 AM

Clint, I'm guessing that the young gal that you hired isn't working out.
Old January 24th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Nice day out, about 60. The lake is almost full and I called the guy in charge of it and of course he didn't answer. I did find out that they had some sort of problem, and the lake will be going back down in a couple days. I think the problem is mental.

Jamesbo I'm glad you got your courses done. How long did you say this was good for? When in doubt, always go to Awful house.

Clint that's too bad you can't find good help. My Mom used to say, the faster I go the behinder I get.

First night of work. I don't know why but I think it's going to be a long week. Maybe I'll be able to get some things done in the afternoons before work. Won't be long before it starts warming up for good.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old January 24th, 2017, 07:49 PM

Good Morning everyone.

Todays program is to build some kind of venting tube to rear-axle. It includes hydraulic compressor connector and 2-part metal-to-metal epoxy. Original has been long gone, judging from the soot that i found inside my rear, especially from that side of axle tube.
Tried to buy original plastic, but after few sites sold " out of production", i figured i might aswell make it myself, and from something else than plastic.

Interesting, tomorrow my "new" Honda already goes to dealer. Tho its free visit.
They call them back, since they found out that the device building up the pressure to fill airbag, may generate too much pressure, and explode, shrapneling into passenger compartment injuring passengers.
Im sure those still try to sell me something with it, but those happen to be same ***** where i tried to buy the GM pinion nut, since they are national Chevrolet dealers too. But the guy behind the counter wasnt too interested.. So no fear.

Oh well, local asphalt-companies are slowly activating to hire people. Hope i get resolution to my situation at few weeks, so if all turns bad i have still plenty of options to hop for.

Have a nice wedn... sauna day everyone!

EDIT: I dont know whats going on, and should i go on anymore. Everythings good, take the assembly bearing from the pinion which got junked to get transferred to new. Bent the cage.. Uhmmmmmmmm... Theres not a single thing which has gone for good on whole ***t. Only good thing on whole episode is that ive already sunken so much money for it that i cant stop anymore

Last edited by Inline; January 25th, 2017 at 03:11 AM.
Old January 25th, 2017, 06:04 AM

Mawn'in

A little chili down here

Wow, Clint can't find help, Inline needs parts and John and Mike are still working on walls.

As for me, [Mike] I'm through for 3 years with courses.

John, I'll tell ya something about pro sports. To everyone involved, it's all about $$$. The players might as well be driving a bus [for mega bucks of course]

But as my ole friend Pogo used to say, "We have met the enemy and he is us"

We brought it on ourselves

OK end of rant

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old January 25th, 2017, 06:55 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Dan, This is the 2nd gal I've hired. the first one didn't make it to the end of the year. This one isn't that young and has been thru schooling. But it's hard to do a good job when you can't even make it on time. They preached timely-ness hard in school. and it's a shame some don't understand how it comes across to the boss when you are constantly late. 2 minutes here, 30 minutes there.

Oh well.

Better get to it.

have a humpday all.
Old January 25th, 2017, 07:07 AM

What job is it?
Old January 25th, 2017, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Inline
What job is it?

Clint has a great garage, but I'm afraid the commute for you would be tuff.

Like 8000 klicks
Old January 25th, 2017, 08:59 AM

What a great memory i have.. Now you mentioned it, wasnt it CQR who posted some time ago pics of his new sign for garage?

Well, who would anyways want to hire a guy who seems to break everything he touches
And i wouldnt trade my profession anyways, i really like ( love) asphalt-work.
Old January 25th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got to 70 today, so I went and got some cement. Bought ten bags got 5 mixed and poured. And since it's going to rain tonight, I piled up blocks to make a tent to keep the rain from messing up what I already did. Clever.

I'm glad to see that ignorance isn't reserved only for Walmart. No room at the contractor drive up because everyone parks there instead of the parking lot. This one car was parked in the middle of everything, no one around. Then a truck pulls up, a guy gets out and moves the car into the handicapped space, gets back in the truck and drives off. Two other guys were standing around talking, not near the Dodge with stuff in the back. After I backed into the drive in front of them, they got into said Dodge and wanted me to move. I have a feeling they were waiting on someone just so they could be difficult. Ah, Home Depot. Don't ask them to sell chainsaws for you.

Clint they're women. Tell them starting time is an hour earlier and they will be on time. Does she at least bring donuts?

Jamesbo can you sell me something in Florida?

Okay gotta get ready for work. Night 2 is upon us. Have a good evening everyone.
Old January 26th, 2017, 12:29 AM

Good Morning.

Honda on the dealer, coffee on the stomach, and whole thursday ahead. Wonderful.

Have a nice thursday everyone.
Old January 26th, 2017, 04:43 AM
CQR

Morinin all.

Mike. With her dimensions, I think donuts every day would be a bad idea.

Inline, yes sir, that was my sign.

Welp it's Thursday. Hope everyone has a great one.
Old January 26th, 2017, 05:57 AM

Mawn'in

Chili but clear,

Cemetery marker instalation day

I just axed a few FB "friends" cause I was sick and tired or being sick and tired of their endless political prattle.

It feels sooooooooooooo good

Mike, It's usually a toss up for me to decide which store to go to with the fewest jack a$$es

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old January 26th, 2017, 11:15 AM
Captain Starfire

Afternoon, all... Glorious, cool, sunny, dry day in da' swamp... a real hen's tooth!

Mike, it would be fun to be Clint Eastwood for just one day and hang out at the contractor drive-up and the Home Despot. But alas, that's saved for the afterlife. But look at the bright side: at least you're whacking the heck out of me in the "Great Wall Race"!

Jamesbo, have fun mit da' markers. BTW, you can effectively squelch all the crap most folks put out on FB and still remain "friends." This is my tack. They're available when you need 'em and out of sight when you don't. It sounds terrible, but isn't that the system that our cyber society has effectively nurtured and created?

Inline, that sounds like the life! Clint, subtly drop your employee a WeightWatchers flyer around lunch time. Better Half might get a commission if I tell them I suggested it! (She's still doing that stuff.) Hope things work out OK for you & the shop.

Y'all have a great day of Thor, Olds pals.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 26th, 2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old January 26th, 2017, 11:27 AM
OldsMoStyle

It's cold and rainy here. Better than snowy and salty though. Hope everyone's having a good day.
Old January 26th, 2017, 11:39 AM

Moistizzle, Welcome to the asylum
Old January 26th, 2017, 11:50 AM
OldsMoStyle

Thanks, buddy. I appreciate the warm welcome.
Old January 26th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Welcome Mostizzle. Any day without snow is a plus in my book.

Rains started late late last night, didn't last too long. I haven't gone out to see if my concrete teepee helped my fresh concrete. Eh, it ain't structural, so if it's messed up I can smooth it out. Wasn't a bad night last night workwise.

Clint what I meant was, at my work when someone is late they have to bring donuts. Or some sort of treat. We don't get docked if we're late(usually) so the donuts are sort of an apology to the rest of the crew who has picked up your slack. But like you said, if she's late every day and she's already pushing her confines...

Jamesbo I just "unfollow" anyone I don't care to see anything from, that way I avoid the social awkwardness of the person realizing I canned them. They still show up in my friend list, but I don't see anything from them. It's like having your cake and eating it, too.

Okay Night 3. No rain but cold. One more and it's the weekend. Have a good night everyone.