The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2017, 01:50 PM

Evening all

Nice day in London today, managed to get a few outside jobs done. Done a bit of shopping for work and not much else. I need to spend a bit more for work before the end of our tax year otherwise the taxman will want a bigger chunk than he deserves, so I think that our place needs a complete rewire and it just so happens that I need to buy all the electrical for the new house!

Mike. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

My little old man, a west highland terrier called Ollie who 16 years old is feeling a bit under the weather, he's got senile dementia and seems to forget where he is, suppose it will happen to the best of us.

Tomorrow I have the man from the planning dept coming to see me about my plans for the next work place I'm getting, no doubt they won't like something in my plans so it will probably be a bit tense. Then Wednesday I'm meeting with the structural engineer for my new house to work out depths of concrete etc, then Thursday, I'm meeting with a soil investigation man for my daughters house so he can work out footings etc, gonna be a busy week.
Old March 7th, 2017, 02:06 AM

Good Morning.

Tinkered at garage until now, just maintenance things. Wish i could drive it already.
Sauna day. Ofc.

Hmmm.. Good tuesday for all of you.
Old March 7th, 2017, 04:35 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Jamesbo, Thanks for the lead on a new wrench. Would that be considered a pre-existing condition?

BTW what a handsome looking chap.

Mike, Hope you get to feeling better.

John, isn't it spose to be hot in the swamp by this time of year? we're gonna get warmer this week maybe back in the 70's if we are lucky.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old March 7th, 2017, 05:17 AM

Mawn'in

Elsie's on her way

Played the front 9 pretty good then found my game on the back 9

Clint, You're quite welcome. and You thought a 69 hood tooth was painful

Mike, Glad you're feeling better. No what happen with the fence?

London, Good luck with the planning dept. I'd rather someone whip me with a chain than go to city hall.

Brian, Come on down.

John, I'm a nite confused. Did Mike make it up

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 7th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Captain Starfire

Afta'noon, all.... dank, cool, & wet in da' hills. 'Twas spose to be a washout today, but it's procrastinating. Now they're sayin' the heavens will open early this evening.

Whelpt, our new "wall" guy came by again today with books & books of pictures from jobs as long ago as 20 years... so (drum roll please) we told him we'd give him some up-front money and he'd start on Friday. Pretty difficult to give anybody a penny up front now, but he sure seems honest & sincere --- and that's about all you have to go by. Honestly, I never felt the same way about our first guy, Tony. But I went against my better instincts and told myself I was being foolish. Think again.

Jamesbo, we took a rain check at Dillard due to Mike's not feeling up to par. We're hoping to do something the next lap around. Will let you know when if you'd care to see if you can make it. We been also flirting with a trip to Floyd Garrett's Musclecar Museum ... and of course, we now have Biltmore on the list. We'll see how things shake out over the next few months.

Clint, hope things are stabilizing a bit in Pike's Peak land. Things are warming up both here in GA and in LA, but there's still some comfortable weather to be had in both places. The mercury in the N.O. area starts climbin' in late April in general (right around Jazz Fest time!).

Inline, be careful in that sauna lest you start looking "prunish." LOL You'll have to live in the thing.

Whelpt, y'all have a great Tuesday, Olds buddies.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 7th, 2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old March 7th, 2017, 10:29 PM

Good Morning. Snow on the ground, doh..

Bee-Oh-Pee - You must be excited about new wall guy? Sounds like you might have a good chance to get it done before 2018
No fear of getting prunish there.

Oh well, after breakfast im off to snow-work. Have a wednesday everyone.
Old March 8th, 2017, 03:57 AM

Mawn'in

Well Elsie's gone and it's warming up

John, Gotcha maybe next time. Good luck with the new wall. Deer season is over so you caught him at the right time.

Inline, When does the snow start to melt over there?

Old March 8th, 2017, 04:02 AM

Usually +/- 1 week from april fools day.
Old March 8th, 2017, 05:08 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Don't have anything good to say so I'll keep it short.

Have a Humpday all.
Old March 8th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Captain Starfire

Kwik g'day -- humpin' to get the show on the road tomorrow, so not much to say, other than we finally did our 5-mile hike today (yesterday was too wet).
They delivered the block, sand, & mortar this mornin' and we wrote our first check, so I think we have lift off! I have a lot of confidence in our new man, and we're going to let him work here whilst we're away.
Clint, sometimes it's tough to find the good; but it's always there!
Y'all have a great Humpity (and Thursday), Olds amigos.
Old March 8th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beauty of a day here, didn't make the mid 70s like they said, but nice nonetheless.

Clint I'm sorry you're in a funk. Go to Walmart and have some fun at other people's expense.

John safe drive home tomorrow. Hope "Tony II" fares better.

Pretty much over whatever ailed me. Got medicine to take for the next probably six weeks. Only supposed to be a week or so but I seldom remember to take it so it strings it out. I'm not the best patient.

Okay gotta put gas in the car and then off to work. Have a good night everyone.
Old March 8th, 2017, 08:32 PM

Good Morning everyone.

Cooked some porridge for fiancee at Morning, and then before 6.00am i started to heat sauna. Should be ready soon.
Should order new driving lights for my car. Already digged out part-numbers.
And go install my tach.

Have a thursday everyone.

E: Oh boy that Morning sauna did good

Last edited by Inline; March 8th, 2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old March 9th, 2017, 03:04 AM

Mawn'in

Headed out to Rome [Georgia]to play golf with my cousin

John, Wave if we cross paths

Old March 9th, 2017, 05:03 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

I see Inline has stolen my tag line. I've never been a trend setter before.

Still fighting this bug. We have our first race this weekend, I think I'll run as an obstacle and just try to get a few points. not feeling well enough to race real hard.

Next door neighbor is having a new shed built next week. he hasn't been able to sell his old one co I told him we'd take it. I have to get it out of his yard today and then figure out how to get it in my backyard.

Have a day!
Old March 9th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

I will say that Tiger is very easy to get along with during the day. He sleeps in my room and doesn't disturb me at all, and around 1230/100 he might wake me up to go outside. That's understandable, since the last time he'd have been out was around 6. Today it was me who had to "go outside" and I woke him up.

Clint I need a backyard shed. A cheep one to put firewood in. One of these days(read never) I plan on doing some leveling of the back yard and putting a door in the side of the garage, so I don't have to go out the front door and down the drive to the big roll up door.

Jamesbo, Great.

Hope John and Better Half had a safe journey today.

So how does one go about getting a smoke detector to stop chirping? Those storms we had last week knocked power out while I was at work, and when I came home the smoke detector was chirping, even though the power was back on. It's hard wired to the house, so I've never kept a battery in it. Put a battery in, still does it. Cycled the breaker, still does it. Cleaned it real good so there was no accumulated dust in the sensors, still does it. Next step, dike the wires and call it a day.

Okay two more nights. Then a mad dash to get ready for my trip. Wasn't too bad last night, wouldn't mind a repeat performance. Have a good night everyone.
Old March 9th, 2017, 11:03 PM

Good Morning everyone.

CQR - One more title to add to your CV, " Trendsetter" Doesnt that sound fancy??

Soo, yesterday a lumberjack visited our yard. Made a deal of cutting down 5 big and old birches. Best part? Only costs 189$, which is in my opinion really small fee, the trees stand next to house and sauna-building. Worst part? The idiot permission to cut them down costs 150$ for city. Im just NOT getting it why i need to pay 150$ to city to get permission to cut down trees from my OWN yard.
If there would be HOA's ( horror-stories ive read from another topic here in CO) i probably would hang myself. Or move out.

Have a nice friday, its weekend!
Old March 10th, 2017, 04:30 AM

Mawn'in all

Elsie came and went, put on a heck of a light show last nite

Headed norte dis mawn'in

John, Seems like we need to work on our zigs and zags, I'm going up jes as you're leaving

Inline, Speaking of lumber jacks. For your listening pleasure,

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...f&action=click

Mike, Glad Tiger is getting into the grove.Why not buy one of those plastic buildings and put it on the trailer. That way you could cut wood, toss it on the trailer and haul it home w/o having to load and unload twice

GTG Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old March 10th, 2017, 04:54 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Happy Friday, I need to get to the shop early and get some wheel bearings pressed.

Have a weekend.
Old March 10th, 2017, 06:46 AM

Hey guys, how do you know summer is knocking on the door??

First you feel it, hear it..

And at last you smell the vertiginous smell of un-burnt fuel on the floor at two puddles under the exhaust tips

Oh yeah, ITS SUMMER AGAIN!!!!

Jamesbo - Not so good song
Old March 10th, 2017, 07:22 AM
Captain Starfire

Back in da Swamp... thanks to all for the safe-travel wishes. 'Twas a success....

Missed you, Jamesbo. I looked at every car on the way down (almost).

Inline, sorry for the crazy government intrusion. I won't say y'all need a Tr_mp over there.

Clint, hope you get better soon. Maybe if you miss that shed it will be a blessing in disguise?

Mike, glad you're feeling a tad better. Tiger sounds like a real gem!

Whelp, y'all have a great Friday, Olds friends. Headed to B.R. tonite for a little Lenten festivity. ;-)
Old March 10th, 2017, 07:38 AM

We def. need Trump here to stop this crazy invasion to Finland........
Good to hear your trip went well.
Old March 10th, 2017, 09:30 AM

Jamesbo, I didn't need to open the link to know what song was lurking there!
Old March 10th, 2017, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Jamesbo, I didn't need to open the link to know what song was lurking there!
After all these years on this thread, I'd be surprised if you didn't know what I posted

Problem is I can't get it out of my head now
Old March 10th, 2017, 03:53 PM

When I was dating a girl in high school, I was allowed to stay late on Saturday night at her house to watch Monty Python's Flying Circus.
Not that I had any other intentions of course.
Old March 10th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Finally Friday. I'm glad we're here. Last night was a challenge. Young, inexperienced lead couldn't get it past his thick skull that the panel he ordered was the wrong one and that we couldn't get it to fit. So at his insistence, we continued and ended up destroying the new panel and turning over the job to dayshift.

Nice day out. All of a sudden it's windy and cold. Might take my jacket with me. Nice big full moon out, that can't be bad.

Dan I could stay out until 10 when I was on a date. I'm sure my parents thought that was very funny. If I wasn't home by then I couldn't go out the next time.

John glad you got home safe and sound. Next time you're up you won't recognize the place.

Jamesbo the wood is in the back yard. I don't have to take it anywhere.

Okay time to hit it. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old March 10th, 2017, 10:22 PM

Good Morning everyone.

Saturday. Time to take down one apple-tree from yard. Its already fallen at storm, but somehow its roots survived and its been alive at the ground. Produced even apples last autumn. But we decided we dont want to look for it anymore, we have plenty of apple-trees still on yard.

When i was young, i didnt date girls too much. Usually we were just driving around city with friends. At first, with mopeds, later with cars. As i remember, after hitting 15, it was just a matter of my parents knowing where i am, and i could be there as long as i wanted.
We met with my fiancee ~2 months before my year at army. Was 19 then. Fiancee didnt like that too much, but no can do.

Have a day everyone!

Last edited by Inline; March 10th, 2017 at 10:27 PM.
Old March 11th, 2017, 05:26 AM

Mawn'in

A little chili in de hills but a blue bird day

Thinking seriously of a new recipe

Shrimp, celery, Old Bay seasoning, mayo and smushed up Alvarado

My curfew was midnite, "Nothing good happens after midnite " my dad used to say. Point is, I might disagree with him but now adays, I enjoy what would have been high school punishment.

Stay home and go to bed early

Funny how we become our parents later in life

GTG

Old March 11th, 2017, 06:32 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Home late from work so I figured I'd stay up and go to the Awful house. Tiger thought he'd come along as well. He always likes a hamburger.

Stopped and got my ears lowered on the way home. Got a couple more things to do today. A couple places too but I need to fly solo.

Sunny out but cold as a mother. Hope it warms up, though I don't think it will. Might be nice to have the stove going tonight, first time in over a month.

Okay have a good Saturday everyone.
Old March 11th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Captain Starfire

We're rollin'....

Didn't get that cool snap here yet, but I'm sure it's comin'.
Kinda' overcast & muggy; a few sprinkles.

Whelpt, I'm thinking the pigs are back at it. Besides somebody leaving huge tire marks in the wet grass while we were gone, it appears the pigs had their way. Will try and make it out tomorrow & snap a pic to get some professional advice from you guys. Jamesbo, I never did get that light gizmo you told us about, but it was mostly b/c I thought I mistook the armadillos for pigs. Now, looking at the huge chunks of missing earth, I'm thinking it's pigs again.

For the good news: Whatchall think? (Translation for Inline: "What do you all think?" )

Have a great weekend, Olds friends.
Old March 11th, 2017, 03:10 PM

John, looks like it's off to a good start.
Old March 11th, 2017, 11:20 PM

Good Morning everyone.

Trendsetter too

Bee-Oh-Pee - Well, there it starts. Those stones looks really nice. Wild-pigs?

Sunday. Tomorrow im going to ice-fishing. For sure. Yesterday i decided its my new winter-hobby since i have all the time in the world at winter. And i like fishing, but at summer i dont have spare-time for that.

Yesterday i did salmon at open fire, like once i posted a pic. Tomorrow im going to smoke salmon. Boiled potatoes and butter with 'em.. Yam!

Have a nice day.
Old March 12th, 2017, 05:07 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Rain. It's nice all week and when I get a chance to work on the fence it rains. Hm, this is sounding like the wall all over again. Maybe I should move into a condo.

John that's going to look great. I like the stacked stone look. So far the new guy is light years ahead of the old guy.

Got some running around to do this morning, then it will be inside stuff the rest of the day.

Guess I'll get to it. Have a good Sunday everyone.
Old March 12th, 2017, 05:25 AM

Mawn'in

Chili and wet in the hills

John, Congrats ya beat Trump and his mega bucks in wall building

Mike, If it ain't one thing, it's something else

Inline, since I don't like the cold weather, I'm gonna leave the ice fishing up to you.

However, About this time of year, I get the urge to go to the Keys and get out on the flats and catch a bonefish or two

Remember to re set your clocks
And
Have a Great day Olds friends
Old March 12th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Captain Starfire

It's picture time again

Good unsunny Sunday mornin'...

I feel gypped of an hour of beddy-bye for some reason. At 6 a.m. it looked like midnight.

Was shocked to hear that our departure from the N. GA mountains was so traumatic, it snowed.... Kenny had to fold up operations to get ready for the white stuff. Spose to be finished by next weekend, however... I can't wait to get back up there again.

OK... yes, Inline, wild pigs. Y'all tell me what you think. I know this makes the page load more slowly, but heck, we all like pic's, right?

I'll post another post below with a couple GA pic's I neglected to post before, but may possibly be worth it.

Y'all have a great Sunday, Olds pals.

Presumed pig damage in da' swamp (Ponchatoula) 1

Presumed pig damage in da' swamp (Ponchatoula) 2

Presumed pig damage in da' swamp (Ponchatoula) 3

Presumed pig damage in da' swamp (Ponchatoula) 4

Presumed pig damage in da' swamp (Ponchatoula) 5
Old March 12th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Captain Starfire

Reward at Jackrabbit Mountain

We took that 2-hr hike (~5.5 mi.) on Jackrabbit Mt. in NC last week before we left and took a little 0.7-mi spur (which we've never taken before) off another spur, and came upon a real nice beach (not exactly sugar sand, but scenic nonetheless) on Lake Chatuge. Thought I'd share. This is actually the SABA (Southern Appalachian Bicycle Association) Beach trail, which is also the one pictured on the hyperlinked site above.
Old March 12th, 2017, 10:05 AM

Evening all,

Well, that was a busy week. All my meetings went well. This week I have meetings with two property developers on Monday and Friday so the middle of the week I can actually get some work done.

Nice quiet weekend, went to the seaside yesterday and today has been house cleaning day, I suppose I'm quite weird as I actually enjoy cleaning!

John, the wall is looking top, should be really nice when it's finished, never seen an armadillo or a wild pig, don't get too many of those in London, just foxes and rabbits.

Inline, your posts keep making me hungry, enjoy your salmon.

Weather yesterday lovely, today horrible, tomorrow, who knows?
Old March 12th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Captain Starfire

OK, before I forget, I was pretty impressed, but you have to think he's a bit nuts:

http://surprise.ly/v/?PK0Hl0kWELE:0:0:0:100
Old March 12th, 2017, 10:55 AM

John, ya growing Truffles? The picks from your hike are nice, and finally, I prefer good ole terra firma myself. I wouldn't want my nickname to be splat!
Old March 12th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Always room for one more

That's an odd aspiration, falling 18000 feet into a net. I suppose he's the exclusive. Why is he wearing a helmet? If something goes wrong the helmet is wearing him. (Seinfeld reference)
Old March 13th, 2017, 03:13 AM

Mawn'in

Cold down here

No smacking Whitey today

John, I've got some friends in the hills that trap wild hogs and feed them out to slaughter, Mak'in bacon so to speak

Next time you're in Asheville ya need to check out the Grove Park Inn. The old part is pretty cool unfortunately they added on and ruined the place

London, Glad your making progress. Hope things turn out well for you.

Mike, I bet ya got the wood stove on high this morning

Clint, Any luck with help? FWIW John didn't stop trying on his wall, Maybe there's hope

GTG

Have a Great Day Olds friends