Vintage Oldsmobiles Curved Dash, Limited Touring, Models 40, 53, 66; Series 60, 70, 90

She left me stranded in the garage.

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2019, 07:54 PM

She left me stranded in the garage.

First time in a long time the Mistress wouldn't start. Ran two days ago without a issue but would crank and only only give me a pop or two occasionally. I think the fuel pump took a dump but I'll know more tomorrow after a quick diagnosis. It will run when I give it a gulp of gas from a fuel can but dies after the bowl goes dry. Could be water in the fuel bowl or plugged fuel filter ( I have both).To dark and cold to do much tonight but tomorrow I'll remove the gas line and work my way down and see where the gas is and where it stops. Should be a easy find, not so easy fix leaning over the car with my bad knees but at least it's out in the open and I've done it a bunch of times with this car and others

My question here is should the fuel pump be bad I doubt I will rebuild it this time myself.I have a good core to send out .Do any of you know a reasonable good re builder? Wouldn't have to be close to me as freight would be about the same. I just need a reliable guy to do the rebuild, this car travels and I don't need a issue somewhere in New Mexico or Canada, gets embarrassing getting towed.... Thanks... Tedd
Old January 30th, 2019, 09:32 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Tedd:
Better for the old gal to do that at home than out on the road and come home on a flatbed. I have done that several times. I can't help you on the fuel pump since I have an electric on mine. I bet somebody speaks up. Good luck on your repairs. I have no doubt you can handle it.
Glenn
Old January 31st, 2019, 02:31 AM
Frank Ignachuck

I got a rebuilt one from these guys last fall. They seem to have a good reputation

http://www.fusickautomotiveproducts....number=FP-4317
Old January 31st, 2019, 04:05 AM

Tedd - I also got one from Fusick about 6 months ago.
Rick