Vintage Oldsmobiles Curved Dash, Limited Touring, Models 40, 53, 66; Series 60, 70, 90

55 heater hose routing?

Search this Thread

Old December 9th, 2015, 08:47 PM
74 2.8L Capri

55 heater hose routing?

Anyone have a picture of the heater hose routing? I have the proper hoses from Fusick, but I'm talking about the one that is just regular hose, from the water pump to the top of the heater core.

Does it go to the fender then back, hung from the fender support rod? That was how it was when I got the car, I don't think that's right.

A picture would be great. Thanks in advance.

Dave
Old December 10th, 2015, 07:44 AM

I'll try to get a picture maybe tomorrow. There not enough light where I have it in my basement. Larry
Old December 10th, 2015, 08:03 AM
74 2.8L Capri

Originally Posted by Rocketowner
I'll try to get a picture maybe tomorrow. There not enough light where I have it in my basement. Larry
Thanks.

Made quite a bit of progress last night in reassembly. A lot of the baffling is in, as well as the radiator mount. Probably start hanging fenders tomorrow.
Old December 10th, 2015, 08:53 AM

Does this help?... Tedd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
324 engine and others 008.JPG (125.1 KB, 31 views)
Old December 10th, 2015, 01:08 PM

DFitz, In Tedds picture ,the hose on the left,goes under the heater box to the bottom connection from the heater box.Then the top connection above it is where the hose from water pump goes.There is a clamp that hold it to passenger side inner panel, then it runs across generator to the long pipe on the water pump. I hope that I'm saying what I mean.If you can't figure out what I'm saying don't hesitate to let me know.
Thanks Tedd ,that did help, it was going to be difficult to get a good picture where my car is parked, and Having two more hoses for air conditioning complicated it even more. Larry

Last edited by Rocketowner; December 10th, 2015 at 01:17 PM.
Old December 10th, 2015, 05:06 PM

I'm jealous of your two hoses and the parts they are attached to.... Tedd
Old December 10th, 2015, 05:26 PM

Tedd,all that's involved is time and money and when you pass 65 ,what the heck! I did all the labor and nobody else will pay me anything for my time,and the rest cost me less than $800. Go for it,you'll never miss it in another 20 years! That cold air in your face is surely worth the money in late July and August. Larry
Old December 10th, 2015, 10:36 PM
74 2.8L Capri

DFitz, In Tedds picture ,the hose on the left,goes under the heater box to the bottom connection from the heater box.Then the top connection above it is where the hose from water pump goes.There is a clamp that hold it to passenger side inner panel, then it runs across generator to the long pipe on the water pump. I hope that I'm saying what I mean.If you can't figure out what I'm saying don't hesitate to let me know.
Thanks Tedd ,that did help, it was going to be difficult to get a good picture where my car is parked, and Having two more hoses for air conditioning complicated it even more. Larry
Larry,

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed. I just needed a description of how the top heater core hose got to the water pump. I have lots of hose, but no direction...
Old December 11th, 2015, 05:44 AM

DFitz,you are more than welcome,glad to help, that's what I enjoy about this site. Larry
Old December 11th, 2015, 08:54 AM

Tedd,all that's involved is time and money and when you pass 65 ,what the heck! I did all the labor and nobody else will pay me anything for my time,and the rest cost me less than $800. Go for it,you'll never miss it in another 20 years! That cold air in your face is surely worth the money in late July and August. Larry
I retired and passed 65 a couple years ago and I think I had more time then than now but the real reason I don't add AC (my wife would love it) is that I'm still showing the car somewhat competitively and at this time I just can't see myself altering it to the point to where it would lose so many points or no longer be in the stock class making it not competitive anymore.It's a **** thing on my part. This too will pass as the car will degrade in time or my interests in playing the game wane and I just drive the damn thing like it was intended to be in the first place....Tedd