Heater hose routing

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2008, 10:02 PM

Heater hose routing

Could somone describe for me please, the stock set-up for a '66 F85 with the 330?

Our car has (had) what appeared to be an aftermarket cooant heater plumbed into the system. It used a T fitting, which we broke as we were getting the new hoses on. We will probaby just not worry about the coolant heater thingy, since we do fine without them on my other cars.

Here is what we have:

A short 5/8" hose from one heater core fitting to the back of the intake manifold.

A long 3/4" hose from the other heater core fitting to the water pump. This is interrupted in the middle of that run with the T fitting which we broke.

The T ran down to the coolant heater (which was mounted near the frame), and then over to a fitting on the drivers side of the engine block. I am assuming this fitting and the run over through the coolant heater and up to the T is not a stock set-up, and am thinking if so, I can just cap the block fitting off somehow?
Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Past Administrator

If you plan on removing the coolant T fitting, the heater and the hoses associated with that then yes you would need to plug the fitting on the block or replace whatever was there before the fitting was attached. Where is this fitting on the block, down low someplace? What size is it? How is/was the hose routed, behind the block or under it? Definitely sounds aftermarket though.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:57 PM

I will have to go out and look to see what size the fitting is, and exactly where on the block it is, but yes, it is down low on the block, on the drivers side, and toward the front.

The coolant heater was mounted just off the frame below the alternator, and the hose ran from the T, down to the heater thing, then from there under the crank pulley, and over and around to the fitting.

Right now there is so much gunk on the engine that needs to be cleaned off, it's kinda hard to tell just what is there.