Back drive linkage clearance

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2021, 01:29 PM

Back drive linkage clearance

I thought I would ask a question BEFORE I order parts this time. Has anybody had clearance issues/problems with their back drive linkage and driver side header? I have a 72 Supreme with a 455 and a set of Hooker Super Comp headers. Just afraid to waste the money. Linkage was absent when I purchased the car. Thanks
Old December 9th, 2021, 10:20 AM

Heard from cdrod that his SBO has no problems with his Hookers and the back drive linkage so I ordered all the parts from Inline Tube. I'm assuming the geometry would be the same between SBO and BBO in the location involved so if it won't work I'll put up a post on this thread.
Old December 9th, 2021, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by EdwardB
Heard from cdrod that his SBO has no problems with his Hookers and the back drive linkage so I ordered all the parts from Inline Tube. I'm assuming the geometry would be the same between SBO and BBO in the location involved so if it won't work I'll put up a post on this thread.
Back drive runs between trans, frame, and steering column, so the geometry of the back drive parts themselves and where they are located will be the same between BBO and SBO. It will only be the change in the position of the header. I know there are guys on here running BBO headers with column shift cars (as posted in your other thread, the back drive is the same as the shift linkage on a column shift auto) so you should be OK.