Steering Box recommendation

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2009 | 02:45 PM

Steering Box recommendation

I recently started to notice that my steering wheel becomes hard to turn and seems to be more pronounced after I've driven it for a while. Aftermarket wheel, Grant, aftermarket column, Flaming River, aftermarket steering box, rebuilt Saginaw with close ratio steering upgrade, aftermarket steering pump. Yes, I've checked the obvious: power steering fluid, and belt , all tie rods and assorted hardware are new or new within the last two years. I like the ideal of a close ratio or fast ratio steering box with a 3.5 lock to lock, makes driving much more pleasurable. I think there is a problem with my rebuilt steering box that I don't have the knowledge to figure out. Any recommendations on brand of steering box, I know about AGR and am looking at one of their new units as a possibility, I do not want another rebuild or a junk yard unit.
Old May 15th, 2009 | 02:52 PM

Thumbs up

www.powersteering.com

Can't go wrong with Chip Woyner. The best in the business.
Old May 15th, 2009 | 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by My442
www.powersteering.com

Can't go wrong with Chip Woyner. The best in the business.
I have heard this from several people, and I don't dispute this, but my time line to get this done is sooner than Chip would be able to do this and get it back to me, I have an event that I'm registered to appear in that is less than a month away. Thank you for the input, maybe I can use Chip's services for another one of my cars.
Old May 15th, 2009 | 06:22 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 442garage
I have heard this from several people, and I don't dispute this, but my time line to get this done is sooner than Chip would be able to do this and get it back to me, I have an event that I'm registered to appear in that is less than a month away. Thank you for the input, maybe I can use Chip's services for another one of my cars.
Have you actually talked to Chip? Usually he has boxes in stock and you can pay the core then send the old one in later. Of course, that doesn't work if you want your exact box rebuilt. I've had a new box on my doorstep in less than a week.
Old May 15th, 2009 | 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Have you actually talked to Chip? Usually he has boxes in stock and you can pay the core then send the old one in later. Of course, that doesn't work if you want your exact box rebuilt. I've had a new box on my doorstep in less than a week.
Joe,
I continue to be impressed by the depth of your knowledge when it concerns anything related to Oldsmobiles, I will try this and thanks again!

Les