new guy need help

Search this Thread

Old June 30th, 2009, 09:13 PM

would be nice if they made some. still need help with the mystery hose and plug
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:15 PM

anybody. i just need to know where the green plug goes and that one vac line
Old July 5th, 2009, 06:59 PM

finally got the darn thing cranked man i was so happy til it started shooting gas out the front of the carb. turned out it was a broken line from the fuel pump im assuming this engine has a mechanical fuel pump because it is mounted on the front of the motor. when i did have the motor running it idled extremely high even for being cold trying to warm itself up. i need some guidance here. i called my friend and he brought his car back so i could double check everything, and everything is connected the right way and works fine what could be wrong
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Banned

adjust your screw on the fast idle cam on the pass side of the carb where the choke is.

there is a little screw you can turn to adjust the fast idle when it is cold..

recheck all your hoses and fittings on the carb and intake

i think you still have a hose loose somewhere,and you have a bad vacuum leak
Old July 5th, 2009, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by agtw31
adjust your screw on the fast idle cam on the pass side of the carb where the choke is.

there is a little screw you can turn to adjust the fast idle when it is cold..

recheck all your hoses and fittings on the carb and intake

i think you still have a hose loose somewhere,and you have a bad vacuum leak
thx i will try to post pics of every part of this engine possible soon do you know this engine well??if possible can u show me a pic of the cam u r talking about?
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Banned

check all your fittings and vacuum hoses first,i really think that is your problem

the screw im talking about is hard to get to with carb on motor,unless you have a flexible screwdriver
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by agtw31
check all your fittings and vacuum hoses first,i really think that is your problem

the screw im talking about is hard to get to with carb on motor,unless you have a flexible screwdriver
i adjusted the screw on top of the choke got the idle down so low that it bogs out if i dont press the gas when its warming up. i checked all lines and a couple were cracked so ill be replacing them this wkend. i did notice that it makes a ticking noise could that be from that one rocker i replaced. its not knocking just ticking but it goes away when i rev it. and smoke is coming from the driver side not sure where though.
Old August 9th, 2009, 10:12 PM

well i got everything taken care of and one day i went to crank the motor because i dont drive the car but i dont want it to just sit there and after it warmed up i noticed continous white smoke coming from exhaust. now from my experience with engines ive known that a blown head gasket causes this, but i just replaced them and the car hasnt even seen 1 hr of run time since. ill warm it for about 15 min or so then shut it off and go on with my business. ive read somewhere that a bad pcv valve can cause this. can anyone point me in the right direction. thx in advance