Motor mount help

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2020, 11:42 PM

Motor mount help

So once the weather warms up and the ground dries out I’m gonna be pulling a g body cutlass from the junkyard and resurrecting it it was a factory diesel car I was wanting to make sure that the motor mounts for the gas and diesel 350’s are the same thanks in advance for the help/advice
Old March 9th, 2020, 06:31 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Reese Neis
So once the weather warms up and the ground dries out I’m gonna be pulling a g body cutlass from the junkyard and resurrecting it it was a factory diesel car I was wanting to make sure that the motor mounts for the gas and diesel 350’s are the same thanks in advance for the help/advice
They are the same - Anchor 2328 style mounts. HOWEVER, the driver side mount on the diesel is moved forward as compared to a gas engine. This was done to clear the larger diesel starter. The frame pad is the same, it's just bolted to a different set of holes on the crossmember. The bolt holes in the side of the block are also the same. Olds used a metal strap that bolts to the three holes in the side of the block and provides two studs to mount the rubber motor mount in a more forward position. This photo shows how the driver side frame mount is offset forward relative to the passenger side mount.