K&N breather for 307

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2011, 05:32 PM

K&N breather for 307

Looking for a part # for a K&N push-in crankcase filter for my olds 307 cant find anything online exhausted results.
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:35 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Vent Filter Size Part #
3"O.D.; 2-1/2"H; 1 1/4" 62-1516
hole with shield
3"O.D.; 2-1/2"H; 1 1/4" 62-1490
hole without shield
2"O.D.; 2-1/4"H; 1 1/4" 62-1485
hole without shield

1 1/8" Flange OD; 62-1230
9/16" Flange ID; 2" OD;
2 1/8" H
http://www.knfilters.com/vent_covered.htm

Not the screw in one that is for a F*rd

Scot

Old July 11th, 2011, 07:49 PM

Not sure how you are searching, but parts like this may not be often listed for Deltas but are listed al over for Cutlii. Same engine though so it should fit either..
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:01 PM

I told you to pull out the old one and measure the base across and order it that way.

Remember you may have a Delta 88, but you have to order parts for the engine as if it was a V8 Cutlass and body parts as if it was a Impala or Caprice
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:21 PM

Thanks GA thats exactly what I needed!!! 62-1490 is what I need!

Originally Posted by GAOldsman

Vent Filter Size Part #
3"O.D.; 2-1/2"H; 1 1/4" 62-1516
hole with shield
3"O.D.; 2-1/2"H; 1 1/4" 62-1490
hole without shield
2"O.D.; 2-1/4"H; 1 1/4" 62-1485
hole without shield

1 1/8" Flange OD; 62-1230
9/16" Flange ID; 2" OD;
2 1/8" H
http://www.knfilters.com/vent_covered.htm

Not the screw in one that is for a F*rd

Scot

Old July 11th, 2011, 08:37 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Anytime friend.

Scot
Old August 4th, 2011, 08:09 PM

Well I ordered the breather GAoldsman suggested I got it today and 1 1/4 is too big to fit in the stock valve cover

They also don't take returns I guess I might need to be a little more careful about some of the information I get.
Old August 5th, 2011, 04:21 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by DeltaDevil88
Well I ordered the breather GAoldsman suggested I got it today and 1 1/4 is too big to fit in the stock valve cover

They also don't take returns I guess I might need to be a little more careful about some of the information I get.
I merely suggested the link, I didn't tell you it was what you needed. It appears that they have a 1 1/4 " and a 1 1/8 "

If you read back Reddog told you to pull your old one and measure it, prior to ordering.
Old August 5th, 2011, 10:41 AM

I merely suggested the link, I didn't tell you it was what you needed. It appears that they have a 1 1/4 " and a 1 1/8 "

If you read back Reddog told you to pull your old one and measure it, prior to ordering.
Oh well you might want to actually include that....... I thought you posted the breather that I needed for my valve cover..............
Old August 5th, 2011, 11:01 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Oh well you might want to actually include that....... I thought you posted the breather that I needed for my valve cover..............
No brother, I just posted the listings they had on their webpage WITH a link to the same page, it was up to you to measure YOUR application. Now if I had stated this WILL work on your car, then I would feel bad about YOU making a mistake. And if you look at my original post, there are clearly more than one part# AND each has very detailed description and measurements for YOU to choose the one you need. Obviously you chose wrong and are trying to blame me for your mistake. I only answered your post to help you find what you could not. So apparently you don't know what you need, how am I supposed to know what you need? IIRC most GM valve covers have a 1 1/8" hole for this. But again measure twice order once.
Old August 5th, 2011, 11:06 AM

IIRC most GM valve covers have a 1 1/8" hole for this. But again measure twice order once.

Thats all you had to put from the get go..........gee thx some people need to get there info straight before the try and "HELP" people on this forum if you dont know then why post stuff that could be in-accurate.
Old August 5th, 2011, 11:18 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Thats all you had to put from the get go..........gee thx some people need to get there info straight before the try and "HELP" people on this forum if you dont know then why post stuff that could be in-accurate.
I take it you don't own a tape measure or know how to read one? Don't worry I won't "HELP" you again.
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:07 PM

QFT

He pointed you in the right direction. It's your responsiblly to make sure something is going to fit your car, unless you want to pay somebody to build your car for you the way you want

No brother, I just posted the listings they had on their webpage WITH a link to the same page, it was up to you to measure YOUR application. Now if I had stated this WILL work on your car, then I would feel bad about YOU making a mistake. And if you look at my original post, there are clearly more than one part# AND each has very detailed description and measurements for YOU to choose the one you need. Obviously you chose wrong and are trying to blame me for your mistake. I only answered your post to help you find what you could not. So apparently you don't know what you need, how am I supposed to know what you need? IIRC most GM valve covers have a 1 1/8" hole for this. But again measure twice order once.
I take it you don't own a tape measure or know how to read one? Don't worry I won't "HELP" you again.
GAOldsman, now you know why I will not help this guy. And I know for a fact that you and I are not the only ones
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:30 PM

Wait, were did he tell you anywhere to order the 1 1/4" one? I don't mean to get in the middle of this but you shouldn't be ripping on him for anything. he posted a link to a whole parts PAGE not a single part. Don't blame others for your mistake.
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:48 PM

Wow I guess they will let anybody MOD on these forums.......Sad thing is that you actually have a K&N breather on your 307 and instead of being helpfull your response is "Measure for yourself" If that what it takes to be a mod on these forums hey sign me up I can give wise *** answers with the best of them.

Reddog= Douchenozzle
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ownership means....time out!

Normally I wouldn't jump into a thread with this kind of posting, but I think this time I will. I know from past experience this could have detrimental effects, but this is my speak and I will only say it once. We ALL make mistakes, and hopefully we learn from them. That's part of our makeup. But it's not fair or moral to blame others for mistakes we make ourselves. Let's give some credibility to the fact that we are in this hobby together with the best intentions of helping each other..ok? And one more thing, a very important thing, sending these messages via keyboard is way more subject to making errors or unwarranted assumptions than if you were just talking over the phone or in person. Don't read more into a post than what's there. The reply button on a thread, or a pm can help resolve more questions - if you think to ask them.

Thanks GA thats exactly what I needed!!! 62-1490 is what I need!
This seems to me that you made the decision about what to order, NOT Scot Nowhere in the post has Scott done anything other than point you in the direction of the K&N website. The breather you probably wanted should have been confirmed by using the 'contact us' option on the K&N site. They (NOT Scot or Redog) have the obligation to deal with your wrath if they give out wrong info. In fact, if they had given you wrong info you would have had an email trail to follow up with if it turned out to be the wrong part. If you just order the part based on what you believe, then the prrase "Caveat emptor" - buyer beware - applies unless there are express or implied remedies by the vendor.

Well I ordered the breather GAoldsman suggested
Horse hockey. I read the post. NOWHERE does Scott say "Hey this is what you need so you should buy it". Yes, you definitely need to be more careful about some of the information. Like, DO YOUR RESEARCH before you order. You only have yourself to blame for ordering the wrong part. It's perfectly ok to be so long as you're at yourself.

Originally Posted by Redog
I told you to pull out the old one and measure the base across and order it that way.

Remember you may have a Delta 88, but you have to order parts for the engine as if it was a V8 Cutlass and body parts as if it was a Impala or Caprice
Redog is 100% accurate and only trying to be helpful. If you chose to ignore his advice you directly contribute to the assumption you made about the breather choice you made.

You are certainly entitled to have a perception of what kind of help the CO community will sponsor. By the same token, be assured that we have the reciprocal entitlement to have our perceptions about your 'attitude' too. IMO, you made a bad choice and are pointing the finger of blame at 2 outstanding CO members who have not done anything negative to you.

It is generally implied that any information given out by members is not guaranteed unless they state the guarantee. Nothing of that done here. I think you need to cool down, re-read the posts in this thread (or have someone else review it without you coaching them) and realize that the only thing you are contributing to this thread is how to get CO members to stay away from you. Maybe you should join RPO and have a go with 'badandy'. He'll cut you to ribbons with some real nasty language complete with your implied geneolgy over something like this, and you still won't have a solution to your problem. Get over it and move on.
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Normally I wouldn't jump into a thread with this kind of posting, but I think this time I will. I know from past experience this could have detrimental effects, but this is my speak and I will only say it once. We ALL make mistakes, and hopefully we learn from them. That's part of our makeup. But it's not fair or moral to blame others for mistakes we make ourselves. Let's give some credibility to the fact that we are in this hobby together with the best intentions of helping each other..ok? And one more thing, a very important thing, sending these messages via keyboard is way more subject to making errors or unwarranted assumptions than if you were just talking over the phone or in person. Don't read more into a post than what's there. The reply button on a thread, or a pm can help resolve more questions - if you think to ask them.

This seems to me that you made the decision about what to order, NOT Scot Nowhere in the post has Scott done anything other than point you in the direction of the K&N website. The breather you probably wanted should have been confirmed by using the 'contact us' option on the K&N site. They (NOT Scot or Redog) have the obligation to deal with your wrath if they give out wrong info. In fact, if they had given you wrong info you would have had an email trail to follow up with if it turned out to be the wrong part. If you just order the part based on what you believe, then the prrase "Caveat emptor" - buyer beware - applies unless there are express or implied remedies by the vendor.

Horse hockey. I read the post. NOWHERE does Scott say "Hey this is what you need so you should buy it". Yes, you definitely need to be more careful about some of the information. Like, DO YOUR RESEARCH before you order. You only have yourself to blame for ordering the wrong part. It's perfectly ok to be so long as you're at yourself.

Redog is 100% accurate and only trying to be helpful. If you chose to ignore his advice you directly contribute to the assumption you made about the breather choice you made.

You are certainly entitled to have a perception of what kind of help the CO community will sponsor. By the same token, be assured that we have the reciprocal entitlement to have our perceptions about your 'attitude' too. IMO, you made a bad choice and are pointing the finger of blame at 2 outstanding CO members who have not done anything negative to you.

It is generally implied that any information given out by members is not guaranteed unless they state the guarantee. Nothing of that done here. I think you need to cool down, re-read the posts in this thread (or have someone else review it without you coaching them) and realize that the only thing you are contributing to this thread is how to get CO members to stay away from you. Maybe you should join RPO and have a go with 'badandy'. He'll cut you to ribbons with some real nasty language complete with your implied geneolgy over something like this, and you still won't have a solution to your problem. Get over it and move on.
Excellent.
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:06 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Redog

GAOldsman, now you know why I will not help this guy. And I know for a fact that you and I are not the only ones
Thank you Redog
Originally Posted by LoganMiller68
Wait, were did he tell you anywhere to order the 1 1/4" one? I don't mean to get in the middle of this but you shouldn't be ripping on him for anything. he posted a link to a whole parts PAGE not a single part. Don't blame others for your mistake.
Thank you Logan
Wow I guess they will let anybody MOD on these forums.......Sad thing is that you actually have a K&N breather on your 307 and instead of being helpfull your response is "Measure for yourself" If that what it takes to be a mod on these forums hey sign me up I can give wise *** answers with the best of them.
If the shoe fits

Reddog= Douchenozzle
This is totally uncalled for, you are showing your maturity. I would suggest you take it up w/ K&N and instead of name calling, be polite and maybe they will exchange it for you. Other than that get a life. 'Nuff said.
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Site Admin & Motorhead

Ok guys, we're done here. Knock off the name calling or we start handing out infractions and/or time outs from the site. You've all said your piece, time to let it go now. Thread closed.