PCV valve & valve breather

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:06 PM

PCV valve & valve breather

Hey Guys,

Need some advice. Running a stock 350 small block with a QJet and open element Edelbrock air breather. I just replaced my stock valve covers and gaskets with some new chrome ones. The valve cover holes are spaced a little further to the rear than the stock ones so my breather won't clear the A/C box on the firewall. As a result, I have my PCV valve on the passenger side for clearance and a K&N breather on the driver's side. Since the stock setup was PCV on the driver's side, am I going to run into trouble by switching or does it really matter as long as PCV and breather are installed?
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Nope that should work fine. Also instead of a breather you can run a tube from where the breather is to the botton of your air cleaner.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by tgilligan
Hey Guys,

Need some advice. Running a stock 350 small block with a QJet and open element Edelbrock air breather. I just replaced my stock valve covers and gaskets with some new chrome ones. The valve cover holes are spaced a little further to the rear than the stock ones so my breather won't clear the A/C box on the firewall. As a result, I have my PCV valve on the passenger side for clearance and a K&N breather on the driver's side. Since the stock setup was PCV on the driver's side, am I going to run into trouble by switching or does it really matter as long as PCV and breather are installed?
Doesn't matter at all. The factory put the PVC valve in the RH valve cover, LH valve cover, and even between the runners on the intake. All that matters is that it is exposed to the crankcase volume.