67 fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2011, 08:28 PM

67 fuel pump

My fuel pump seems to have gone bad. Zero gas getting to the carb. I am not out of gas, car is parked on flat ground and when I pulled the
fuel line going into carb and cranked it over no gas. Before I pull the fuel pump should I check anything else out? Any tips I should know of before I swap out the pump?

Thanks Matt
Old February 9th, 2011, 03:02 AM

Make sure that gas is getting to the pump...check the rubber hoses at the tank and the splice behind the front wheel, on the frame, and of course the front hose-pipe to pump...if they are original they could have cracks which would admit air into the line...if you take the pump off, place it in a vise and manually try it to see if it will pump fluid...then you can get another one if needed...
Old February 9th, 2011, 05:28 AM

Another thing to check for is the strainer on the sending unit to be totally clogged with debris.
Old February 9th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Yellowstatue
Make sure that gas is getting to the pump...check the rubber hoses at the tank and the splice behind the front wheel, on the frame, and of course the front hose-pipe to pump...if they are original they could have cracks which would admit air into the line...if you take the pump off, place it in a vise and manually try it to see if it will pump fluid...then you can get another one if needed...
X2. Deteriorated rubber hoses are a very common problem. Since these are on the suction side, you usually won't see a leak, but the pump will be sucking air and thus not pumping gas.
Old February 14th, 2011, 04:33 PM

Got it fixed thanks all for the tips, problem was bad fuel lines.