64 330 pulleys and accessory brackets

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2009, 05:54 PM

64 330 pulleys and accessory brackets

The spare 330 that came with our 64 Cutlass (it has a Buick V6 in it now) only had the power steering pump and its brackets on it, and a 65 water pump (RH inlet) and damper (timing mark in the wrong position) and no pulleys. I picked up a new correct 64 water pump from NAPA, and pulleys from a local Olds graveyard. The problem is, the crank pulley has too much of an offset--it sticks out too far. The inner sheave of the water pump pulley does line up with the power steering pump pulley. I need some good pictures of the crank pulley to see if the 64 damper is shallower, or if the crank pulley is just wrong.

I also need pictures of the alternator and A/C bracekts to see if what I have is correct.

By the way, I did check the block numbers and the engine is a 64, and the timing scale is on the right side of the engine. It was interesting lining up the marks, then tearing down the engine to find the sprockets weren't lined up.

Thanks,
dieselmann
Old December 17th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by pontiac1
The spare 330 that came with our 64 Cutlass (it has a Buick V6 in it now) only had the power steering pump and its brackets on it, and a 65 water pump (RH inlet) and damper (timing mark in the wrong position) and no pulleys. I picked up a new correct 64 water pump from NAPA, and pulleys from a local Olds graveyard. The problem is, the crank pulley has too much of an offset--it sticks out too far. The inner sheave of the water pump pulley does line up with the power steering pump pulley. I need some good pictures of the crank pulley to see if the 64 damper is shallower, or if the crank pulley is just wrong.

I also need pictures of the alternator and A/C bracekts to see if what I have is correct.

By the way, I did check the block numbers and the engine is a 64, and the timing scale is on the right side of the engine. It was interesting lining up the marks, then tearing down the engine to find the sprockets weren't lined up.

Thanks,
dieselmann
The 1964 brackets and pulleys are unique to that year. In fact, the 330 in the 64 Jetstar 88 used a different PS pump bracket than the 330 in the 64 A-body cars. The brackets and pulleys are shown in the Chassis Service Manual.
Old December 24th, 2009, 07:25 PM

Well, we got a 64 GM service manual on CD, and the brackets were kind of shown, but not the crank pulleys and damper. At least not clearly. I was hoping someone would have photos.

dieselmann