1967 CS Accelerator cable with Switch Pitch Jetaway

Old February 28th, 2019, 09:03 AM

1967 CS Accelerator cable with Switch Pitch Jetaway

I have a 1967 CS Holiday Coupe with a Switch Pitch 2 Speed Jetaway trans. I've been told that the accelerator cable had a microswitch connected to it that would activate a solenoid that would change the Pitch in the torque converter when at idle and at WOT. I have the solenoid (no wires actually connected yet, but 3 spades that need to be connected) and no actual connection to the carb linkage. I know that 2 of the spades on the Solenoid control downshift in the trans and I think the third one provides power for the Switch Pitch and I think that its location right near the accelerator linkage means it should also be part of the mechanism that controls the pitch based on throttle position. However, I seem to be missing some pieces.

Can someone post a picture of this arrangement/linkage including the solenoid so I can try to recreate it?

Thanks!
Old February 28th, 2019, 03:17 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by babailey
I have a 1967 CS Holiday Coupe with a Switch Pitch 2 Speed Jetaway trans. I've been told that the accelerator cable had a microswitch connected to it that would activate a solenoid that would change the Pitch in the torque converter when at idle and at WOT. I have the solenoid (no wires actually connected yet, but 3 spades that need to be connected) and no actual connection to the carb linkage. I know that 2 of the spades on the Solenoid control downshift in the trans and I think the third one provides power for the Switch Pitch and I think that its location right near the accelerator linkage means it should also be part of the mechanism that controls the pitch based on throttle position. However, I seem to be missing some pieces.

Can someone post a picture of this arrangement/linkage including the solenoid so I can try to recreate it?

Thanks!
There is no "accelerator cable" on a 67 Cutlass. The linkage is all hard rods. The transmission switch is an integral part of the bellcrank assembly that bolts to the engine side of the firewall.

Old March 1st, 2019, 05:36 AM

Yes, my linkage is all hard rod. I can see from your picture that I am missing a lot and I think my Solenoid is even mounted in the wrong orientation.
Old March 1st, 2019, 05:48 AM

I can provide what you need.

Larry
lemoldsnut@aol.com
541-815-4363

Old March 1st, 2019, 07:14 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by babailey
Yes, my linkage is all hard rod. I can see from your picture that I am missing a lot and I think my Solenoid is even mounted in the wrong orientation.
Just to be accurate, that's not a solenoid. It's simply a rotary switch. The terminal for the kickdown is powered only at wide open throttle. The terminal for the converter switch pitch is powered both at W.O.T. and at idle, but is not powered in between.