Site Help Ask your questions here about how to use the site.

Just Wondering If anyone needed help posting pics?

Search this Thread

Old March 13th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Registered Luser

Question Just Wondering If anyone needed help posting pics?

If anybody needs help posting pics, I can tell you how I post thumbnails which you can then click on and they will open up much bigger. The more threads I read, the more people I see with the same problems and questions...If you look at my thread in the Vista Cruiser Section on the '70 Vista Project and you'd be happy posting pics that way, I'll explain how....you just need to have microsoft photo editor on your cpu.....if enough people are interested in adjusting the sizes of their photos to make them fit here and they respond to this thread, I'll post directions then. Otherwise, no responses, I'll assume nobody is interested...
Old March 14th, 2009, 08:18 AM

Why does everyone post those itty bitty thumbnails on here when you can post nice big 'ol pics from photobucket?
Old March 14th, 2009, 01:09 PM

Directions please

Yes, it would be nice to have some directions on placing photos. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Van
Old March 14th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scotty B
Why does everyone post those itty bitty thumbnails on here when you can post nice big 'ol pics from photobucket?
IMO it's because the pages take forever to load and also get too wide if the pics are too big which is a real pain, especially for people with dial-up connections. Much easier to click on a thumbnail and not as in-your-face so to speak.
I would like to know how to get bigger pics than the size limit here into a thumbnail, I still can't even figure out how to multi-quote.
Everyone else here may be better off that way though.
Old March 14th, 2009, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bluevista
IMO it's because the pages take forever to load and also get too wide if the pics are too big which is a real pain, especially for people with dial-up connections. Much easier to click on a thumbnail and not as in-your-face so to speak.
I would like to know how to get bigger pics than the size limit here into a thumbnail, I still can't even figure out how to multi-quote.
Everyone else here may be better off that way though.
That multi quote thing has me a bit stumped too, one of these days I'll have to actually try to figure it out
Old March 15th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Registered Luser

I haven't been able to figure out the multi-quote thing either! I know 88coupe is the master at using that!...some people don't have photo bucket or maybe it's too involved? I don't know for sure as I've never used it...I like to see the pics right in front of me and click on them and open them up to full size...and Bluevista is right about sending them in a file that can be too big sometimes it won't even go through! When I get home later tonight I could explain step by step how I do it...maybe someone could explain the multi-quote thing!
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:17 AM

Some of these guys have figured out how to get their pics posted full size, kind of a neat trick, but my project is still in the ugly stages, so i'm not too worried about showing off yet. I just wish time and money would come together at the same time. I'm always working my azz off and flush, or broke and sitting on my . No in between in trucking.
Old March 15th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Past Administrator

When you look at a quote in the message composition box you'll notice it begins with a left bracket, then the word "quote" and possibly the equal sign with user name and a semi colon if you selected the quote option, then a right bracket. This tells the site to start a quote box, then at the end of the quote you'll see another set of brackets; left bracket, a forward slash the word "quote", then a right bracket, which tells the site to end the quote box. An easy way to make a multi quote is to select quote in the bottom of someone's post box and let the site build it for you, then whenever you want to make a comment you end the quote with the left bracket, a forward slash with the word "quote", and a right bracket. You can make your comment, then don't forget to start the quote again with a left bracket, the word "quote", and a right bracket. And go on and on from there as much as you need. Like this...

Originally Posted by ent72olds
I haven't been able to figure out the multi-quote thing either! I know 88coupe is the master at using that!
yes he is
...some people don't have photo bucket or maybe it's too involved? I don't know for sure as I've never used it
neither have I
...I like to see the pics right in front of me and click on them and open them up to full size
me too
...and Bluevista is right about sending them in a file that can be too big sometimes it won't even go through! When I get home later tonight I could explain step by step how I do it...maybe someone could explain the multi-quote thing!
There you go. don't forget to "preview post" before you submit to make sure you made no mistakes. Then you correct them before you "submit reply".
Old March 15th, 2009, 06:02 PM

The last photos I posted were larger than the 80k or 90k limit. I guess this applies to the thumbnail size, because the photo's themselves are around 350k, but they uploaded alright. Then checking the post I saw that the thumbnails were within the size limit (around 75k). personally, I have no problem clicking on a thumbnail to enlarge it if I choose. The only thing I noticed when I uploaded my files, was that it took a few attempts before the files would upload. ????Chumley

Last edited by Chumley; March 15th, 2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Registered Luser

Lightbulb Posting thumbnails and enlarging them!

Thanks Dan for the multi-quote lesson! I'll have to practice that. I'm one of those guy's that learns better by watching and learning than reading and learning...
As far as the thumbnail posting, they way I do it,(and I'm no computer whiz, if anyone has an easier or quicker way , I won't be offended if you interject into this thread!), when you have your pics saved on your hard drive or where ever....
#1-open in microsoft photo editor
#2-double-click on photo to open larger
#3-top tool bar, click image
#4-click resize
#5-bring size down to 800x600pixels or 97kb
#6-click OK
#7-at top right drop down box, enlarge pic size back up again (ie: 125%)
#8-click file
#9-click save as
#10-click save!
This is how I do it. I only have to do it because my camera takes the pics to big and they won't fit to the size on the site I guess? Maybe not everyone has this problem? If this helps anyone, let me know, or if I can be of anymore help....and I may still need more help on the multiquote thing Dan.
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:24 PM

One thing I'll add is if you know you will be taking alot of pics to upload you can reduce your picture quality on your camera settings before shooting, this will reduce the file size and save you having to resize alot of pics. One more thing on the multi-quote deal if you are answering a few thread responses at once you click multi quote on the responses you wish to answer then when you have finished selecting you click quote on the last response you selected and it will qoute all of the responses on your reply.
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:29 PM

Here's an example of that type:

Thanks Dan for the multi-quote lesson!
x2

Originally Posted by Chumley
I have no problem clicking on a thumbnail to enlarge it if I choose.
me either

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
There you go. don't forget to "preview post" before you submit to make sure you made no mistakes. Then you correct them before you "submit reply".
I'll second that one to
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Registered Luser

Originally Posted by csstrux
Some of these guys have figured out how to get their pics posted full size, kind of a neat trick,...
I like that too
When you look at a quote in the message composition box you'll notice it begins with a left bracket, then the word "quote" and possibly the equal sign with user name and a semi colon if you selected the quote option, then a right bracket. This tells the site to start a quote box, then at the end of the quote you'll see another set of brackets; left bracket, a forward slash the word "quote", then a right bracket, which tells the site to end the quote box. An easy way to make a multi quote is to select quote in the bottom of someone's post box and let the site build it for you, then whenever you want to make a comment you end the quote with the left bracket, a forward slash with the word "quote", and a right bracket. You can make your comment, then don't forget to start the quote again with a left bracket, the word "quote", and a right bracket. And go on and on from there as much as you need. Like this...

yes he is

neither have I

me too

That definitely helps Dan, thanks
Originally Posted by Eric Anderson
One thing I'll add is if you know you will be taking alot of pics to upload you can reduce your picture quality on your camera settings before shooting, this will reduce the file size and save you having to resize alot of pics. One more thing on the multi-quote deal if you are answering a few thread responses at once you click multi quote on the responses you wish to answer then when you have finished selecting you click quote on the last response you selected and it will qoute all of the responses on your reply.
Eric, I'm stupid, I would have to read my camera directions to figure that out! Also, thanks, between you and Dan, I think I got this thing figured out!
Old March 15th, 2009, 10:52 PM

Smile Pics

I too, am trying to post pics, but my first problem is to retrieve my camera back from my kid!!
Old March 16th, 2009, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty B
........ when you can post nice big 'ol pics from photobucket?
Good idea, but any resolution over 800x600 is a PIA for many of us.

640x480 should work for everyone.

Originally Posted by csstrux
That multi quote thing has me a bit stumped too ........
Simple "cut and paste" into your favorite text editor.

........ 88 Coupe is the master at using that ........
If you use the "quote" button, the code is already done. The text editor is used to put it in the right place.

When you look at a quote in the message composition box you'll notice it begins with a left bracket, then the word "quote" and possibly the equal sign with user name and a semi colon ........
Not to forget the post ID#. In this case, 69804: [QUOTE=Oldsguy;69804] =
This way, readers can click the blue button, to view the original post.

........ don't forget to "preview post" before you submit to make sure you made no mistakes ........
The most important part.

Norm
Old March 16th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Past Administrator

OUch! That picture makes my back hurt just looking at it. Yeowy ouch. I've done that before and paid for it the next day.
Old March 16th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Registered Luser

Thanks for showing up Norm!
Old March 17th, 2009, 01:08 AM

........ I've done that before and paid for it the next day.
No problem for a 13 year old. She likes working on real cars.

Thanks for showing up Norm
Happy to.

Back on topic:
[url=http://www.irfanview.us]Irfanview[/url] is my default viewer for all images, will show up as:

Irfanview is my default viewer for all images.

Norm

Last edited by 88 coupe; March 17th, 2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old March 18th, 2009, 08:00 PM
is Fast Enough ...

I like that photo bucket sizes photo's ...

DSC05085.jpg