Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

auto, air, pw, bench '70 W-30 in PA

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2017, 10:29 AM

auto, air, pw, bench '70 W-30 in PA

What do you think about this car (not my ad, not my car):

https://reading.craigslist.org/cto/d...380531260.html

The build sheet looks...brand new.
It has a W-27 cover - would it have the full aluminum rear end too?
"Numbers matching" but no VIN stamp pictures = seller's ignorance of detail, or scam?

1970 w30 Oldsmobile 442

Here is a rare opportunity to own a basically, unmolested numbers-matching w30 with paperwork! Car runs and drives perfectly.
Motor (455) nor the transmission (turbo 400) have ever been out of the car. Car has the factory 12-bolt posi rear and power disc brakes which were only available on the automatic models. It's had one repaint that looks amazing. Just a few chrome pieces have a little pitting. The interior in this car is totally original and is just about perfect.

This car also has some rare options for a W30 which include air conditioning, power windows, power steering, power brakes, column shift, and bench seat. It also has factory tachometer and front and rear sway bars.

The car runs phenomenally. Mechanically this car is very solid. No leaks to speak of. Transmission shifts perfectly. The motor is extremely quiet, makes no noises, and does not tap or smoke. It runs very smooth. The car also has the original carburetor, distributor, intake manifold, air cleaner, cylinder heads, etc. The floorboards in this car and frame are extremely clean and solid with no patchwork or undercoating to hide anything. The trunk is also spotless. The car has all the original sheet metal and is as clean as you could ever want.

Once again, this is a rare opportunity to own a very unique and sought after 1970 W30 Olds with paperwork.

Protect-o-Plate numbers match exactly, however, the written numbers on the paper inside the sleeve are 2 numbers off. This is clearly human error as all other information matches.

Please call Steve with questions. 610-6FiveFive-5761.

No trades of any kind.
Old December 1st, 2017, 10:46 AM

The VIN is htere in the pics along with data tag, you can ask him for more info, though that won't tell you much. Need to see that the VIN and the block and the trans match (does it have OW). The broadcast card could be original, hard to tell on a low resolution image like that. It is a nice looking car with many of the W30 options.

Last edited by stevengerard; December 1st, 2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old December 1st, 2017, 11:06 AM
Maintained

1970-Oldsmobile-442-W30
Item Ended
Item condition:Used
“Car is in great condition. Paint looks great. Interior is flawless. Minor items as with any classic.”
Ended: Oct 13, 2017 , 9:13AM
Current bid:US $40,100.00
[ 14 bids ]

Item location:Kutztown, Pennsylvania, United States
Seller:
mlrcorp1 (1704 ) | Seller's other items

nice looking car. he relisted it after this ebay listing ended and only bid to 35k Nov. 02/2017

Last edited by scottv442; December 1st, 2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old December 1st, 2017, 12:26 PM
Old(s) Fart

The apparently misaligned W-30 emblems would be my biggest concern...

At least the red inner fenders look like originals. Incorrect replacement alternator and wrong paint on the valve covers, of course, along with the non-original overflow tank. All easy fixes. The W-27 cover was a dealer-installed option that year, but I bet it's a repro.

Old December 1st, 2017, 12:34 PM
delete

It could be a replacement fender, even though its a 70 fender. It has a 71-72 on the drivers side. It's a nice car but clearly its had some work done to it over time
Old December 1st, 2017, 12:36 PM
delete

Originally Posted by ReallyWildStuff
The build sheet looks...brand new.
I'd say my broadcast card is in that condition. They are pretty durable
Old December 1st, 2017, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by droptopron
It could be a replacement fender, even though its a 70 fender. It has a 71-72 on the drivers side.
that's a sharp eye there

are you looking at anything other than the "crash joints (?) in the stamping of the inner fender lip" when making this determination ?
Old December 1st, 2017, 01:51 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by ReallyWildStuff
are you looking at anything other than the "crash joints (?) in the stamping of the inner fender lip" when making this determination ?
The "dimples" are the only difference between 70 and 71-72 fenders.
Old December 1st, 2017, 01:57 PM

The color looks a little dark, but it could be the photos.
Old December 1st, 2017, 02:18 PM

its definitely a bit different from Sherwood green but nice none-the-less. This looks a little more Olive, not necessarily darker just a different hue, like it has more yellow in it. Could be just the newer paint or the fact there is the large white stripes throwing off the color a bit. Interestingly it has some of the same firewall stamps as my November built W30 has. Also that G means it should have a green vinyl top but I do like the white.