twin gt45 455 build need advice

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2018, 11:54 AM

twin gt45 455 build need advice

Starting to get things done and moving forward with my gt45 twin turbo 455 build! I am looking for a little help on this with some misc pieces to put the puzzle together. Little background on the car, 1970 455 believed to be an sx car, 455 4 barrel, th400, posi out back. car was poor shape when I got it but the previous owner kept it driving for his weekend cruise!
So far I purchased and installed almost all new interior, pistol grip shifter, racing seats, etc. Installed FITECH 1200 blow through set up, 800hp fuel system to back it up, painted the car satin black, Some new wheels skinnies up front, fats in the back.
I am trying to find brackets to relocate the alternator to the passenger side preferably low mount if anyone makes one, or if there is any type of original that would work from another car? Below is a pic of some manifolds someone else has made in the past I think the design is good for fitment bad for flow so I haven't decided what I want to do for sure yet as I might put these into production as I am a small business manufacture of corvette parts. I just know if someone had decent manifolds for sale I would probably save the headache an purchase them. I do know the demand must be super low though.

Old May 31st, 2018, 03:51 PM

I don’t really have anything to offer other then recommending the use of a single plane intake in a blow through set up to help get even fuel distribution( it’s a concern that dual planes will run a few cylinders lean in a blow through set up). Interested to see your end results.
Old May 31st, 2018, 04:22 PM

I have to ask, what was done to the bottom end of the engine?
Old May 31st, 2018, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassefi
I have to ask, what was done to the bottom end of the engine?
Bone stock! I plan to build another while I scatter this one lol. I have built a few turbo cars/hayabusa and a cbr keeping an eye on the tune, plugs, and even a camera down the bore to detect detonation on the pistons. I will be running low boost this year just to get all the bugs worked out and a solid base tune pulling 3 degrees of timing might get frisky and pull 2 we will see. Only real concern I have right now is the ring gap being unknown, as well as a few other things until I yank it end of fall. Then I'll be shooting for 1000hp range if I can keep cracking away at decent pace and find good deals on the drag scene. end goal is fast th400 trans brake, ford 9" out back and see how fast I can go all while being able to cruise around town. 9's would be nice but I would settle for low 10's I am a long ways away from that right now though.
Does anyone know if the Pontiac exhaust manifolds will bolt to the olds heads? I would like to keep the turbos one on each side of the engine however I found a left manifold that should work fine on the right facing forward. Thinking plenty of room for the turbos over on that side with less fab work to do.
Old May 31st, 2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by young olds
I don’t really have anything to offer other then recommending the use of a single plane intake in a blow through set up to help get even fuel distribution( it’s a concern that dual planes will run a few cylinders lean in a blow through set up). Interested to see your end results.
thanks for the input and good observation. I have been hoping to find a good used one sometime very soon. I am tucking all the loose end wiring now and should be done with all that this weekend. Just finished the msd install as well. I like a clean easy to work on engine bay.