Warning when looking for used parts

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Hmmmmmm... First post ever, and it's to defend a guy with whom multiple long-term members here have had decisively fraudulent dealings...

- Eric
Old March 8th, 2014, 12:09 PM

First post defends the indefensible
Not the least bit sketchy

"I would not of found..."

Skipped that day in 2nd grade English?

"would of" ??

Don't you mean "wood halve" ?

Originally Posted by stevegs68
Look..this guy is legit. I've bought parts from him a few times over the past several years and he has come through each time. The part may not be perfect, but is definitely useable and at least I have found the parts I have been looking for. During the last year, I was finally able to restore my 69 Oldsmobile. If it wasn't for Frank's website, I would not of found the 69 442 left fender that I needed. Sure, the price was a little high but the parts in hard to find. May not of been the most courteous person to deal with on the phone, and yes, it took 3 weeks to be delivered. I'd cut the guy some slack, and its your choice if you never purchase another part from him. I will be calling him next week to start my next project car which is a 68 GS.

Last edited by Octania; March 9th, 2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old March 8th, 2014, 01:49 PM

Wink

Look..this guy is legit. I've bought parts from him a few times over the past several years and he has come through each time. The part may not be perfect, but is definitely useable and at least I have found the parts I have been looking for. During the last year, I was finally able to restore my 69 Oldsmobile. If it wasn't for Frank's website, I would not of found the 69 442 left fender that I needed. Sure, the price was a little high but the parts in hard to find. May not of been the most courteous person to deal with on the phone, and yes, it took 3 weeks to be delivered. I'd cut the guy some slack, and its your choice if you never purchase another part from him. I will be calling him next week to start my next project car which is a 68 GS.

Dear stevegs68 aka: TROLL,

When I get to my parts I received from this scammer, they are locked in a shed at the moment, I will take a photo of the stainless fender chrome he sent me. You will see the dodgey weld that was done to join two different pieces together, along with the bash marks all over it that someone took to it with a flat edged screw driver and a hammer.

And waiting for nearly 6 months for these dodgy parts was not fun either.

Tell your 'buddy', when you see him next which I think will be very soon,
that all this truth about Frank is readily available when searched on the net. I will take every chance I can get to warn my fellow car enthusiasts of this guys reputation and ability or lack there of, in providing, selling and re-manufacturing parts he advertises. I cover this on my other vehicle sites, which are many.

I do not like being screwed over!

Tell your buddy, if he wants to make things right, to get in touch with me.

Until then, the pain will continue!

Have a nice day!
Old March 8th, 2014, 03:32 PM

here is hoping the Props of Billions and Trillions have seen this thread, and act to restore their image through action. I have more than just a pang of guilt here as I gave 5998 the web link and also feel betrayed by his poor service.
The part I purchased was described as NOS, priced accordingly and took an age to appear.
These parts we need are always uncommon and rarely perfect, and most of us know this so accuracy and honesty in description alone would have saved them a bunch of poor feedback. Silly thing is he still would have probably made the sale with an honest description.
When we are waiting for NOS parts, only for clearly used bits to appear months later is no way to promote return business.
Apologies 5998 for your anguish, a mistake that will not be repeated.

Last edited by lazy394; March 8th, 2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old March 8th, 2014, 05:16 PM

No apologies needed as I knew about this business before advice given.
I thought I had completed enough checks on this guy before I dealt with him to believe he was ok. Onus is on myself alone for not being more thorough.

Thanks John.

Last edited by 5998DownUnder; March 8th, 2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old March 9th, 2014, 02:38 PM

Wow...I'm sorry to say I've dealt w/ B+T, I had HUGE problems, paid big bucks, similar probs to the guy who started this thread. NOBODY...I MEAN NOBODY could say anything good about this guy if they dealt w/ him!
I dare whoever says that Frank sells good parts on here to post their name!!! 1 post, I'm a Buick guy...I'm on the Buick forums...never heard of this Steve68 guy! I only know he's not telling the truth. That's either Frank himself or a friend. I mean one post??? And his first post is to defend B+T. Gimmee a break.......
Old March 9th, 2014, 03:46 PM
"me somebody" site member

I bought a remote mirror for my old '67 442 from BandT a few years back, and it arrived quickly and was in the promised condition. At the time, I could not find another remote mirror anywhere. That is the key behind most guys who get ripped off on the net: they put their better judgment aside because they NEED the "dooflingy". Someone earlier in this thread said something about not doing a deal because it didn't pass the "sniff test". If you have doubts, don't do the deal. That applies to ALL parts vendors. In my case, it worked out, even though I broke my own rule. If I had gotten screwed, I'd have had a hard time blaming anyone but myself, as I had my doubts, due to all the stories I had heard before.

Last edited by aliensatemybuick; March 9th, 2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old March 9th, 2014, 04:18 PM

Great...glad it worked out for you! So you paid BIG bucks for a so-so mirror and you are happy with that. I'm building 1,000 point cars over here. I waited 3 months for a pair of rechromed tail light bezels that I was shown pictures of and was told they were in stock. When they arrived, the chrome still had pits showing. They were not the bezels in the pic. I didn't know the guy had a bad rep. He lied to me and cheated me. Frank "DeChiseler" is a liar and cheat........plain + simple.
Old March 9th, 2014, 05:52 PM
"me somebody" site member

Its OK. I understand.
Old March 9th, 2014, 09:08 PM

These forums sure change things, someone did a survey years ago to discover a happy satisfied customer told 6 people and a dis satisfied one told 20!!
Last count 3905 have seen this thread.....
Old March 26th, 2014, 04:04 PM

I almost bought something from them. They just lost a lot if business from me and my partner who restores 442's. Bad business spreads like fire!
Old March 26th, 2014, 04:13 PM

oh, another one to look out for: Michael Amaya (Chromiser), (Chromemiser) on Ebay. Sure he has 100% feedback there, but lucky for me Paypal helped me get my $1600.00 from him when I dealt with him privately. Found out he is well known for not responding to emails and hangs up on you when you call him.
Old May 15th, 2014, 06:47 AM

I bought some stuff from a douche out of North Carolina who miss represented his stuff. Really sucks when people are not honest about what they are selling.

Last edited by DocWatson; May 25th, 2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: .
Old June 8th, 2014, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by olds1968
I have ran into there website a few times looking for parts online and have contacted them but the way they replied I did not trust them so I steered away.

x2 on the cc I would dispute as well.
same here....I decided to go to a guy I dealt with before.
Old June 16th, 2014, 01:14 PM

If that a***e told me too bad you got it and there is nothing you can do I would drive to his company and knock his Frickin teeth out and say now you own it!

Last edited by Oldsguy; September 10th, 2014 at 06:41 AM. Reason: removed vulgarity
Old June 16th, 2014, 04:24 PM

I sell lots of Olds parts. I also buy Olds parts. I have never dealt with this guy or his company. I have had bad experiences with Brothers and with "The Parts Place" Otherwise I have to say I have had very good experiences over the years. I always try to consider what I would expect and how I would take it when the part gets to me and what the condition is verses what I have said or what was told. It all comes out in the wash. This is why I don't recommend using the friends and family option when buying parts and paying with paypal. If you use that option you are saying you are gifting someone that money. Any buyer protection is gone.

Make sure you get pictures, Make sure you talk to the seller. Get a phone number and address. Tell others about your good experiences so that can become their story too.

We all enjoy a great hobby. Let's help each other keep that going.

Larry Moyer
Redmond, Oregon
Old July 22nd, 2014, 07:02 PM

Hey! what happened to this member? I wonder how his new project is going? Maybe he's not the posting type as his Oldsmobile project never got any build posts.
Old September 9th, 2014, 06:10 AM

FYI this guy sells the part to someone and if he doesnt have it he searches around and buys it, then sends it to his customers. He is thankyou4theparts on ebay. He contacted me a month ago looking for 69 toro tail lights. After talking to some woman for a few min (tulsa phone #) about the condition (poor) she said "let me ask Frank" right there i knew who this was. After a few sec she came back and said yes thats fine we will take them. I asked if this is Billion and trillions, and she said yes. I told her we wouldnt do business with them and hung up on her. So a week later they bought the taillights from me on ebay. After alittle searching i found out it was them. So i figured F*ck it, im gonna mess with him. I figured i would give him a taste of his own medicine. So i never shipped it and didnt reply to his emails. He finally filed a claim with ebay a few days ago. So i stretched it out as long as i could (around 3 weeks total) i just sent him an email on ebay saying the part was lost sorry and gave him a refund. BOY WAS HE MAD! He threatened to nail me with a neg feedback and called me all kind of names. Kinda sucks because i have a 100% feedback on ebay. But honestly, it was worth it. HAHA

Last edited by f-85; September 9th, 2014 at 06:50 AM.
Old September 9th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Rodney

f-85:
That is a great story. I'm one of those guys who likes to see a**holes like Frank get their karma for all the BS they put others through; and I will sometimes go out of my way to help that happen - LOL. I love it that you jacked him around for weeks and then gave him a refund (not the part); no satisfaction there! The bad thing is he was probably buying to sell to someone else who most likely got shafted by ol' Frankie when he didn't get the part.

Rodney

Last edited by cdrod; September 9th, 2014 at 06:47 AM. Reason: typo
Old September 9th, 2014, 06:53 AM

Rodney

Your right. Thats one thing i thought about. But honestly the tailights are not in that good of shape. I hope whoever bought them from Frank gets a refund. Im sure they overpaid for a NOS or show quality part.

Man is he pissed. I dont think he can leave me a NEG on ebay. Because i still dont have one, and I keep getting pissed off emails from him. I also just blocked him from my ebay auctions. This dude has some mental issues BIG TIME.
Old September 9th, 2014, 07:03 AM
Rodney

Mental Frank

You can tell he's mental just by looking at the pictures! Is he wearing ear rings?

Last edited by cdrod; September 12th, 2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old September 9th, 2014, 08:57 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by f-85
FYI this guy sells the part to someone and if he doesnt have it he searches around and buys it, then sends it to his customers. He is thankyou4theparts on ebay. He contacted me a month ago looking for 69 toro tail lights. After talking to some woman for a few min (tulsa phone #) about the condition (poor) she said "let me ask Frank" right there i knew who this was. After a few sec she came back and said yes thats fine we will take them. I asked if this is Billion and trillions, and she said yes. I told her we wouldnt do business with them and hung up on her. So a week later they bought the taillights from me on ebay. After alittle searching i found out it was them. So i figured F*ck it, im gonna mess with him. I figured i would give him a taste of his own medicine. So i never shipped it and didnt reply to his emails. He finally filed a claim with ebay a few days ago. So i stretched it out as long as i could (around 3 weeks total) i just sent him an email on ebay saying the part was lost sorry and gave him a refund. BOY WAS HE MAD! He threatened to nail me with a neg feedback and called me all kind of names. Kinda sucks because i have a 100% feedback on ebay. But honestly, it was worth it. HAHA
That's hilarious! And I'm a little jealous.
Old September 9th, 2014, 09:02 AM

Yes those are ear rings. The guy is a real pc of work. Its funny on some of his emails to me the sh*t he said. Ill post a couple quote from him.
Old September 9th, 2014, 09:03 AM

"You found someone else to buy the taillights to for more money. Ebay management can see your communications with other customers sir. I have seen this several times before. Have nocked down 2 100% ratings. You will be #3 I have contacted eBay and they are going to let me leave negative feedback if you do not send me my taillights, I will leave negative feedback again & again Say good bye to 100% rating"
Old September 9th, 2014, 09:04 AM

"I bet you never STEAL from a customer again. The taillights were worth 15 times what I paid for them, LIAR"
Old September 9th, 2014, 09:04 AM

"lying cheater, 2200 deals with ebay, never lost anything. Where's the tracker number LIAR"
Old September 9th, 2014, 09:05 AM

Reply from me...

"Dear thankyou4theparts,

Sorry we will not do business with your kind, you are blocked from our ebay auctions. Have a great day

- oldspoweredeverything"
Old September 9th, 2014, 09:06 AM

"Dear oldspoweredeverything,

Negative feedback will cost you thousands STUPID

- thankyou4theparts"
Old September 9th, 2014, 09:07 AM

"Dear oldspoweredeverything,

f*ck you liar

- thankyou4theparts"

Last edited by f-85; September 9th, 2014 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Had to take out a U and add a *
Old September 9th, 2014, 05:11 PM

You did good! He's a moron, I hope one day I can screw him, also.
Old September 9th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Old School Olds

^^^EASY! He might like it that way.
Old September 9th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Too bony for my taste.

- Eric
Old September 9th, 2014, 08:17 PM

Ha HA...pretty funny! I was once a big seller on ebay. No way they are going to allow him to give you a neg. He deserves it, this guy deserves to burn in hell for eternity for his lying, cheating and rip-off practices.
Old September 10th, 2014, 05:33 AM

Its funny how worked up he got over it. This guy scams people daily, and get mad at me over some old crappy tail lights. I guess he couldnt leave a neg on my ebay, but He did post a neg feedback on my Howards Garage facebook page.
Old September 10th, 2014, 05:38 AM

Well looks like he has a facebook page for his billions and trillions I just wrote him a neg feedback. Here it is if anyone else wants to

https://www.facebook.com/GTOGURU?sk=reviews
Old September 10th, 2014, 06:00 AM
Just an Olds Guy

You let him off pretty easy. Wow, a whopping 2 reviews! I doubt anyone pays his FB page much attention.
Old September 10th, 2014, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by f-85
Well looks like he has a facebook page for his billions and trillions I just wrote him a neg feedback. Here it is if anyone else wants to

https://www.facebook.com/GTOGURU?sk=reviews
Wow just plain Wow Man i could have hammered this guy real good. He bought some 1968 chrome wheel well trim from me put cash in my buddy's paypal account before the parts were shipped. He even gave me $25 extra for boxing them up!! This guy screwed someone else with my parts i bet and now i am pissed!
Old September 10th, 2014, 06:12 AM

I think thats how he does it. Thats why he wont take pics of parts for people. He sells parts he doesnt have.
Old September 10th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by wr1970
Wow just plain Wow Man i could have hammered this guy real good. He bought some 1968 chrome wheel well trim from me put cash in my buddy's paypal account before the parts were shipped. He even gave me $25 extra for boxing them up!! This guy screwed someone else with my parts i bet and now i am pissed!
wow is right! Sounds like you got the perfect transaction the way it's supposed to work. Makes you wonder if it's the same guy doesn't it? Count your blessings.
Old September 10th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Past Administrator

I think it is obvious there is a a parts dealer who should be avoided, members have revealed their stories of their dealings with him and that is good. We need to avoid personal comments and degradations, they accomplish nothing. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Warning when looking for used parts